GUILTY UT - Leroy, 70, & Dorothy Fullwood, 69, murdered, Mount Pleasant, 31 Dec 2011

June 2015:

The case against the man accused of killing a Mount Pleasant couple more than three years ago is beginning to move forward, a judge having appointed defense attorneys in the potential death penalty case.

Logan Welles McFarland, 27, was charged last year in 6th District Court with two counts of first-degree felony aggravated murder for the December 2011 slayings of 70-year-old Leroy Fullwood and his 69-year-old wife, Dorothy Ann Fullwood...

What happened inside the home has not been made public, but the arrest affidavit says the home was ransacked, the contents of cupboards and closets "strewn" around the home. By the time McFarland left, the Fullwoods were dead from gunshot wounds.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2639975-155/death-penalty-attorneys-appointed-as-case-moves

Utah man accused of double murder enters not guilty pleas - October

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4426249-155/utah-man-accused-of-double-murder

A man accused of killing a Sanpete County couple nearly five years ago pleaded not guilty to charges on Monday.

Logan Welles McFarland, 28, is charged in 6th District Court with two counts of first-degree felony aggravated murder for the December 2011 shooting deaths of 70-year-old Leroy Fullwood and his 69-year-old wife, Dorothy Ann Fullwood, at their Mount Pleasant home. He is also facing aggravated burglary, robbery and theft charges.

McFarland is expected in court again on Nov. 16 for a review hearing.

Prosecutors say they will seek for the death penalty for McFarland.

Hill is charged in Utah with the same counts as McFarland, minus the homicide charges. She was extradited to Utah in May, and pleaded not guilty to charges in September. She is accused of burglarizing another Mount Pleasant home with McFarland in the same time period as the homicides.

Hill is set to appear in court again in January for a pre-trial conference.

'Done with him': Family relieved as man who killed Mt. Pleasant couple gets life in prison

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865671863/Done-with-him-Family-relieved-as-man-who-killed-Mt-Pleasant-couple-gets-life-in-prison.html

More than five years after the murder of his parents, Mike Fullwood is done thinking about their killer.

Since Logan Welles McFarland will spend the rest of his life behind bars after being sentenced Wednesday, Fullwood said, it's an easy decision to keep him out of mind.

"It doesn't bring any relief from the memories or missing them, but … we are going to forget Mr. McFarland," Fullwood told reporters. "He is not going to occupy my mind, my conversations or anything of that nature. He is not going to take anything from this family ever again, and I am done with him. But I am still going to miss my parents."

McFarland, 29, pleaded guilty Wednesday to two counts of first-degree felony aggravated murder and was sentenced by 6th District Judge Marvin Bagley to two consecutive terms of life in prison without the possibility of parole. With the plea, McFarland avoids the prospect of the death penalty.

McFarland's girlfriend at the time, now-30-year-old Angela Hill, was also extradited to Utah to face charges of aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary, burglary and theft. She pleaded not guilty to all charges in September. Her next court hearing in the case is scheduled for March 8.

Utah woman pleads guilty to 2011 home break-in and robbery that resulted in two deaths

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5032191-155/story.html

A Utah woman pleaded guilty Wednesday to her involvement in a 2011 home break-in and robbery that left a Sanpete County couple dead.

Angela Marie Hill, also known as Angela Atwood, pleaded guilty in 6th District Court to second-degree felony burglary of a dwelling, along with a third-degree felony charge of attempted robbery. The plea deal reduced her charges from first-degree felonies.

The now-31-year-old woman is expected to be sentenced in May, according to prosecutors.

Sanpete County Attorney Brody Keisel said Wednesday that the plea deal was offered in exchange for her cooperation in the aggravated murder case filed against co-defendant Logan McFarland.

Larry McFarland pleads guilty to accomplice charge

http://sanpetemessenger.com/2017/03/01/larry-mcfarland-pleads-guilty-to-accomplice-charge/

Larry McFarland, brother of convicted murderer Logan McFarland, entered a change of plea last week as resolution of the Fullwood murders continued in 6th District Court.

When Judge Marvin Bagley asked for a factual basis, Kiesel stated that McFarland had filed the serial numbers off a handgun that Loan McFarland had provided to him. According to Kiesel, that gun was not the murder weapon.

When Bagley ask McFarland if the facts were true, he admitted to those facts, but said, “I did it to get away from him (Logan). I was desperate. I would’ve done anything to get him out the door.”

Sentencing was set for April 5, 2017, at 10:30 a.m. in the district court.

Utah woman sent to prison for her role in 2011 home break-in and robbery that resulted in two deaths

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5253268-155/utah-woman-sent-to-prison-for

A Utah woman was sentenced to prison Wednesday for her involvement in a 2011 home break-in and robbery that left a Sanpete County couple dead.

Angela Marie Hill, also known as Angela Atwood, 31, pleaded guilty in March to second-degree felony burglary of a dwelling, along with a third-degree felony charge of attempted robbery.

A 6th District Court judge sentenced her to a one-to-15 year prison term for the burglary charge, and a zero-to-five year term for the third-degree felony count. The sentences were ordered to run concurrent to one another, according to prosecutors, but consecutive to a 30-year prison term she is serving in Nevada for her role in a botched carjacking after her co-defendant, Logan McFarland, shot and killed Leroy and Dorothy Ann Fullwood in their Mount Pleasant home.

Boudreax, Flores sentenced to 180 days, fines and probation - April 20, 2017

Allison Boudreaux and Damian Flores, secondarily connected to the incidents surrounding the murders, were sentenced last week in Manti.

Prosecutor and Sanpete County Attorney Brody Keisel urged 6th District Court Judge Wallace A. Lee to send both defendants to prison during sentencing hearings on Wednesday, April 12.

“I feel a lot of pressure today, because of magnitude of the crime,” Lee said prior to sentencing Boudreaux.

However, the judge felt that neither defendant should go to prison. He ordered both of them to serve 180 days in jail, though he also ordered credit for time served for Boudreaux, who had already served 227 days, thus eliminating any further time of confinement for her.

Lee also sentenced them to 36 months of probation, and fines of $1,024 for Boudreaux, and $950 for Flores, who is Boudreaux’s son.

Boudreaux, fighting back tears, addressed the court. “I’m very sorry what happened to that family. If I could take back that night, I’d do it in a second”

What she could do, in terms of cleaning up her own life in the six years since the murders, she said she has tried to do. “I’m doing so good, and I’m clean, and I want to stay that way.”

The judge said that he did not have a lot of sympathy for Boudreaux, because of her connection to the murder. But he also noted that she was not charged with the murder itself, and also that there was evidence the good things she had done since the crime.

While Keisel did point out that Flores had a similar involvement in the crime as his mother, Boudreaux, Flores was different in one important way.

“As far as taking steps to control his addiction, he’s done nothing,” Keisel said.

In fact, Keisel told the court that Flores had tested positive for methamphetamine just the day before the sentencing hearing. Commenting on Flores’ apparent failure to keep away from drugs, he said, “You can at least flippin’ try.”

When it was time for Flores to speak, he did so, slowly at first, but then gained momentum as if releasing emotions he had been holding back for a long time. He said he’s has spent the last five years trying to figure out what to say.

“It’s hard to acknowledge the hurt that I’ve caused.”

Charlotte Stewart, daughter of the murder victims, also spoke at the hearing (the family had missed the earlier hearing through a misunderstanding about the time). She also urged the judge to sentence Flores to prison, saying of the county attorney, “Brody Keisel has stood by his commitment to us, to seek justice.”

Stewart pointed out that many of the items that were stolen were only souvenirs and not worth much monetarily. They were very valuable to the family, however. She also said that she and her family have walked past the defendants in their home town, and saw no remorse in them. “They didn’t pull the trigger, but they hurt us.”

Judge Lee addressed the victims’ family. “My heart aches for you. You can’t replace the lives that have been lost.

Damien Flores pleads guilty for his part in Fullwood burglary - March 9, 2017

McFarland associates appear in court as cases get close to wrapping up - February 23, 2017

Angela Atwood sentenced, murder case finally closed

http://sanpetemessenger.com/2017/05/10/angela-atwood-sentenced-murder-case-finally-closed/

With the sentencing of Angela Atwood on last Wednesday May 3 in Manti District Court, the Fullwood murder case has been resolved.

“I know she didn’t pull the trigger. She did drive him there, drop him off, celebrated after the fact, took her cut of the goods that were scored in the robbery that night. She also continued to go with [Logan McFarland], and she went to Walmart where she used my parents’ credit card to purchase things for herself.”

Atwood spoke on her own behalf, trying to express her remorse over the crime. “I stand before you … to apologize to the Fullwood family, for my part in what has caused pain and heartache in your life. I can’t imagine what you have gone through, and I know that anything I say cannot justify or fix what has been done.”

Atwood told the judge that when she committed her crime, she was on drugs. “I was high, on drugs, I was selfish.” She said that she didn’t know that a murder had been committed until she saw it on the news. After she was taken into custody, she said, she tried to cooperate with the authorities as soon as she could.

Judge Marvin Bagley was not convinced, however, and sentenced Atwood to serve prison in Utah, after finishing her term in Nevada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back