GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night of Michele's funeral, neighbor said Martin wasn't crying and didn't seem sad. Martin gave her a tour of the house and told her about the improvements he was planning.
he brought her some flowers from the funeral and she recalled that "he seemed almost happy."

he had been dating GYPSY for 16 months, new nanny's name, Gypsy Willis

Alexis told him, her mom had believed he was having an affair with GYPSY.
Martin told her adult siblings that Alexis was no longer a part of the family and she was not allowed to talk to her four younger siblings.

Willis moved in with the family

Willis was not the only woman Martin was involved with sexually before Michele's death.

One of his lover's said she believed he is a "serial killer"

she said Martin confessed he'd killed people before

tried to kill his mother when he was young but his sister called 911

Martin told (the woman) that he pushed the head of his brother under the water and drowned him," the affidavit states.

At Michele's funeral, Martin talked about his brother's death "Ten nickel bags were his ticket out," a needle in his arm.............

Martin said at Micheles service that his oldest brother "drank himself senseless," Another brother's body was ravaged from years of booze and heroin, Another brother took his own life just two months before Michele died. A sister died in her early 20s after strangling herself.

"MacNeill has a whole history of people dying around him," Witney said.

Martin once even offered to kill her husband

Martin also considered killing another family "embarrassment," one of his daughters approached him about her drug addiction problems,

Martin's only son, Damian, committed suicide in January 2010 by overdosing on prescription drugs

Damian was the only sibling who said he did not believe his dad killed his mother

Gypsy Willis talked about poisoning Martin's wife or cutting the brake lines of her car. Willis said she had been stalking Michele, and broke into the MacNeill home and stole a photo of her.

Willis said Martin would tell his wife he was going to the bathroom, then had sex with Willis in a closet while his wife remained at the table.

Willis as turning "dark and violent" after she started taking methamphetamines to lose weight for Martin.

Martin and Willis began altering Willis' identity, obtaining false military IDs, a Utah state ID card, and opening numerous bank accounts under the false name and identity.

They used the identity of his 16-year-old adopted daughter, Giselle — a daughter investigators say he had "flown to the Ukraine and left there to fend for herself" in the summer following his wife's death.

Willis took on the identity of Jillian Giselle MacNeill

They used Michele's funeral date as their supposed marriage date

Martin was indicted in federal court in January 2009 on nine counts of aiding and abetting in aggravated identity theft, misuse of a Social Security number, and making false statements. He pleaded guilty to two counts of aiding and abetting in aggravated identity theft.

August of 2009, Martin was sentenced to four years in prison

Willis was sentenced to 21 months in prison BUT she planned to flee to Mexico
and was arrested asap.

September of 2009, Martin also pleaded guilty to three felonies ..3 more years in prison with 6 years of probation.

The house was in Michele's name. Martin had not wanted to go through probate or pay taxes, so instead acted as his deceased wife's attorney, pretended she was still alive and had the property transferred to his name.

Willis filed a $1 million lien on the house, which is illegal.
Willis went to remove the lien, she and Martin were arrested.

Martin was very articulate, intelligent, well-educated and he premeditated these criminal acts."

Martin changed his will to give just $1 to each of his children. Everything else was to go to Willis under her false identity. To Wissler's knowledge, the will remains the same.

Willis/Martin in FED prison in TX.
Willis' current release date is March 12, 2011, and Martin's is July 8, 2012.

Alexis said her father has threatened to destroy her personally

Thoughts of their father being released so soon, however, scares both Rachel and Alexis

"There are future victims at risk."

Witney and Robinson would never have looked into the death had it not been for the concerns and suspicions of family members and their persistence to reopen the case. A letter from Michele's mother and documents kept by her drew Witney's attention into the case.

"There is probable cause to believe that Martin MacNeill had the opportunity, the motive, the psychological disposition, and based on his lifestyle … the capability of killing his wife, Michele MacNeill, which I believe he did on the morning of April 11, 2007," Witney wrote in a search warrant affidavit used to confiscate Martin's computers, cell phones and camcorder

"years of lies and deception" by Martin

Martin had been receiving Veteran's Administration and Social Security benefits for his alleged disability — even after he became a doctor and a lawyer with a six-figure income
deemed him mentally fit to stand trial

Martin graduated from Saint Martin's University in Washington in psychology and sociology,

Martin also managed to receive 100 percent pay from Social Security

His work at BYU was punctuated by accusations of rape, complaints of unprofessional conduct and misdiagnosis. He was terminated in 1999 for undisclosed reasons

"It is amazing story about how he got from one place to another through lies," Robinson said. "Whenever you can become a doctor and an attorney based on lies, that is an amazing thing."

Alexis now has custody of the three youngest children (ages 9, 16 and 17.

family members were finally able to reach Giselle through a translator they had worked with during the initial adoption

Alexis changed her last name to her mother's maiden name, because she said she doesn't want to be known as another "Dr. MacNeill

father didn't put a gravestone marker on their mother's grave for more than a year after she died.

Martin mixed a stone from concrete...........The stone is about 6 feet tall and Alexis said it looks like a surfboard

Several woman have said, Martin either propositioned them, had sexual relations with them or raped them

Martin also has a case pending in court for sexual abuse of Alexis.

"Alexis stated there had been two incidents where she had been fondled by her father"

Martin admitted in a recorded phone call with Alexis that he inappropriately touched her while she was sleeping because he thought Alexis was his wife.

Martin thought a divorce would be too messy and pricey.
"Everybody was afraid of Martin"

what a shame this guy used all that intelligence for this kind of stuff!! hope they fry him!

Man - this guy is a psycho! Reminds me of my ex-husband.

I so, so, so hope they get enough to prosecute him for Michelle's murder. Seems pretty obvious that's what it was and that he is responsible.

Chilling.

Michelle's daughter Alexis comments under that 20-page article and mentions an upcoming 20/20 episode. Also, some interesting comments from former friends/neighbours.

suziQ.

you are so right - there is so much to this story it's mindboggling

thank you for posting this thread - I've been reading for hours it seems

even the comments at older news stories are interesting

and Rachel has a myspace blog too:

http://www.myspace.com/rachelmacneill

Such a sad case. Michele appears to be such a sweet, loving woman and mother. I was not prepared for the suicide death of her son earlier this year. When I read that, my heart just broke. What a beautiful child, so sad as well. Lots of destruction this "doctor" has left for his kids to live with.

I feel so bad for all the children that Martin left without a mother, father, brother, not even saying maybe aunt, uncles................
and how Martin tried split the children apart.
To know about women in his life behind their beautiful mother's back.
I am hoping Martin and Gypsy are in prison a long, long time for their diobolical
actions.
R.I.P. Michele

Nancy Grace is covering this case right now. Apparently, shortly after his wifes death, Martin took his children to the temple to pray for a new nanny, and had arranged for their new "nanny" (who also happened to be his girlfriend...) to be waiting outside the temple for when the children were done praying, so they could meet their new nanny God had given them.

Is that serious?? Really?? This guy is absolutely crazy!

Nancy Grace is covering this case right now. Apparently, shortly after his wifes death, Martin took his children to the temple to pray for a new nanny, and had arranged for their new "nanny" (who also happened to be his girlfriend...) to be waiting outside the temple for when the children were done praying, so they could meet their new nanny God had given them.

Is that serious?? Really?? This guy is absolutely crazy!

Yeah, that was in one of the 20 pages in that Desert News article. If I recall, the kids didn't buy it for one minute. What a piece of work.

Michelle's daughter Alexis comments under that 20-page article and mentions an upcoming 20/20 episode. Also, some interesting comments from former friends/neighbours.

I just went to read the comments as there was none the other night. The post about MM being a lousy Doctor hit me like a ton of bricks. It doesn't sound like he got a for real medical education. How many patients has he injured?

It's striking how like the Susan Powell case this is.

The sketchy educational and work history, the trail of lies, the wife staying years after problems arose in order to "work it out," the possibility that she was drugged with something put in her food.

Can anyone explain how his sister could have strangled HERSELF?

Also, there's the fact at the very end that she had no money and resorted to recycling soda cans to get the money to buy a small gift for someone. We've heard that kind of thing before.

The mysterious death of a Pleasant Grove woman in her bathtub over three years ago will soon be getting national attention on the ABC news program "20/20."
The one-hour TV special was spurred by a Deseret News article about the life of Martin MacNeill and some of his children who have been pushing investigators to file murder charges against their father.

More at link:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14498909

Link to the 20/20 site and 4 clips of what will air tomorrow night.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/utah-doctors-wife-victim-foul-play/story?id=12972591&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member