GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!

Doctor gave wife 'dangerous combination' of drugs, murdered her in bathtub

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21854376&ni...rugs-murdered-her-in-bathtub&s_cid=featured-1

After years of investigation, prosecutors on Friday charged a Pleasant Grove doctor and attorney with murdering his wife in 2007.

Martin Joseph MacNeill, 56, is accused of over-medicating his wife and administering a "dangerous combination" of drugs and drowning her in the bathtub of their home.

"In the months before and after Michele's death, the defendant had a strong motive to kill his wife," charges filed in 4th District Court state.

More at link.

Thanks SuziQ and Passionflower for getting this thread going. I remember reading about this a while ago and all the confusion about wet clothing, wet and bloody towels and conflicting reports. The whole thing set off alarm bells for me from the very start. I am always amazed at the stories which get traction right away and those that come later. I found Websleuths originally at teh start of the Laci Peterson case. There is something about this woman's beautiful daughters working to get justice for their Mother that really touches me. What a horrible place to be in- knowing in your heart that your own Father did this to your Mother. And Suzi- the lengthy article you posted at the beginning was great for getting us all caught up! I hope it catches the interest of others here but for sure I will be here and hoping the police get this nailed down and justice is served.

Thanks SuziQ and Passionflower for getting this thread going. I remember reading about this a while ago and all the confusion about wet clothing, wet and bloody towels and conflicting reports. The whole thing set off alarm bells for me from the very start. I am always amazed at the stories which get traction right away and those that come later. I found Websleuths originally at teh start of the Laci Peterson case. There is something about this woman's beautiful daughters working to get justice for their Mother that really touches me. What a horrible place to be in- knowing in your heart that your own Father did this to your Mother. And Suzi- the lengthy article you posted at the beginning was great for getting us all caught up! I hope it catches the interest of others here but for sure I will be here and hoping the police get this nailed down and justice is served.

BBM.You are welcome and ITA. And what the older sisters went through to bring their youngest adopted sister back from Russia. They way her dad flew her there on a one way ticket to get rid of her....he has a cold cold heart.

Did Utah doctor’s ‘life of deception’ include murder?
Defensve attorney says Martin MacNeill has done ‘bad things’ but he didn’t kill his wife.

Martin Joseph MacNeill’s story is one of contradictions.
At the time he was telling Veterans Affairs officials he was so debilitated by mental health issues that he could not hold a job or get an education, he was working as a doctor and also had a law degree.

The day he went to an LDS temple with his family to be bound for eternity, he was having an affair.

And when he stood before his church’s congregation and told them he was dying, investigators say, he was actually plotting to kill his wife.
"He lived a life of deception," his daughter Alexis Somers said outside a Provo courtroom last week. "... It’s been a web of lies."

Read more:
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54788181-78/macneill-martin-michele-wife.html.csp?page=1

Allegedly confessed to trying to kill his mom and killing his brother.

MacNeill admitted to murderous urges, former lover testifies
Court » Woman testifies he admitted to homicidal urges.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55025989-78/macneill-walthall-testified-michele.html.csp

(snip)
In later years, though Walthall could not recall if he ever told her when specifically, she testified that he told her he killed his brother. MacNeill allegedly said his brother wasn’t suicidal, but often cut his wrists for attention. Once, while MacNeill was visiting in New Jersey, his brother called him and told him that he had hurt himself, so MacNeill went to his mother’s home, into the bathroom, and found his brother with his wrists cut, lying in a bathtub.
MacNeill held him underwater until he drowned, she said.

Daughter takes stand to testify against father, 'nanny'

Rachel MacNeill said her father hired Gypsy Jillian Willis to be family's nanny after her mother died.

But she didn't act like any nanny they had ever had before.

"She didn't do anything that a nanny would do," MacNeill said Wednesday. "I expected to see what I had seen before, that had been hired as nannies, that their main focus was the children. That they were there to work ... not just sitting and staring at my dad."

More at link:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22499819&ni...testify-against-father-nanny&s_cid=featured-1

Is anyone following this case. I think it's an interesting one. The Judge ruled against a defense motion to remove the prosecutors for misconduct. Preliminary hearing Sept 9

Maybe this could be moved to the "Trials" forum? I just found this thread, QUITE interesting!

Trial was to begin Oct 8, however defense got judge removed and a new one was assigned. He is getting an extra week to get up to speed and it appears now the trial will commence Oct 15!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member