UT UT - Robin Putnam, 25, Salt Lake City, 8 July 2012

I found a FB page that may be Robin's, but I am not sure. California College of the Arts is in Oakland? It still may not be his, but it has an interesting "group" on it. The group may be fine and not even sure if it is his page. They do have some sort of place in or near Salt Lake City. Not sure if I should post this because it may have nothing to do with Robin at all. I probably have the wrong Robin. Do TOS allow us to post his page? Still not sure of all the rules.

This article reports people have claimed to have seen him.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=21821221

It's interesting that his Parents say he suffered a "psychotic break" due to stress that they were unaware of before he boarded the train. A psychotic break is a pretty serious problem to say the least.....I'm wondering if he had seen someone and was diagnosed, but only told his parents once he was on his way home, or is it just their feeling from his behavior that he suffered a break?

Severe panic attacks....I wonder if he felt panicky on the train and just up and bolted off the first chance he got. It would explain why his belongings were left behind. They need to get a serious search organized in the area he's been seen in in SLC. I wonder when the last sighting was.

The article linked in post #12 says an employee, possibly the train conductor, reported Robin exited the train at the stopover in SLC. Sorry I can't just cut and paste it...I'm on my phone and can't figure out how ;)

The article linked in post #12 says an employee, possibly the train conductor, reported Robin exited the train at the stopover in SLC. Sorry I can't just cut and paste it...I'm on my phone and can't figure out how ;)

Thanks! :seeya:

I've searched for a Facebook page for Robin's mom to try to contact her to invite her here to get suggestions on what to do or to suggest a Find Robin Putnam Facebook page but I can't find any contact information.

Can't they request some search help to find Robin even though he is 25???

I've searched for a Facebook page for Robin's mom to try to contact her to invite her here to get suggestions on what to do or to suggest a Find Robin Putnam Facebook page but I can't find any contact information.

Can't they request some search help to find Robin even though he is 25???

Have they checked with organizations like TES? I know that have looked for missing adults.

Surveillance video gives family of missing man hope

SALT LAKE CITY — The family of a man who went missing en route to Colorado from California believe they may have evidence he is still in Salt Lake.

New surveillance video taken at Mo's Neighborhood Grill on West Temple in Salt Lake less than a week ago shows a man who matches Robin Putnam's description buying a beer with an unidentified woman.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=22052420

I watched the video but it's hard for me to tell if it is Robin or not.

Is it possible that the train conductor or worker is mistaken about Robin getting off the train? No cameras? Does the train stop anywhere else before getting to Grand Junction?

I don't think the bar video looks like him.....

Y'all should check out Charlie Dowd's thread. From what I can find it appears they both departed from the same station. I'm trying to get confirmation on the station Robin left from. I find this a very strange if it is a coincidence.

I posted some of this information on another thread for Robin but I've just expanded this list.

Pioneer Park is a short distance from where he was last seen; a lot of homeless people congregate there during the day. There is a large concentration of services for people who need help in the area, from food, showers, clothing, medical care to emergency housing. Salt Lake City has what is probably the best outreach for homeless in the country. At 700 South and 751 West is the LDS Church Welfare Center. Robing could go there for food and clothing. The Bishops there would help him with housing as well. They have a home/shelter in The Avenues, a section of Salt Lake City not too far from there. There is also a church, I believe it is either Catholic or Episcopalian, on Temple that serves sandwiches to people every day.

LDS Church Welfare Square
Location of center - 751 West 700 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Phone number is 801-240-7320

The Road Home

The Road Home provides support and shelter for overcoming homelessness. They have a wide variety of programs that provide services to people. The Road Home operates out of The Salt Lake Community Shelter, the largest homeless shelter in Utah.

210 S. Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101

http://www.theroadhome.org/

Rescue Mission of Salt Lake

The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake serves the homeless, helpless, and downtrodden in Salt Lake and southern Davis Counties of Utah. Our services are mostly geared toward assisting adult male guests. However, some services are available to women and children, such as breakfast, dinner, and our nightly Chapel Service. (Rescue Haven is our facility for single women and women with children.)

463 S. 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Phone: 801.355.1302
Finance Office: 801.746.1006

http://rescuesaltlake.org/

Fourth Street Clinic

The Fourth Street clinic provides innovative, holistic, compassionate health care in concert with their clients and other interested community partners. They strive to individualize medical and social support services for the homeless population through the efforts of professional and dedicated staff and volunteers.

404 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
(801) 364-0058

Catholic Community Services of Utah

The broad array of CCS services include: food, clothing, day shelter and other assistance to the homeless; resettlement and support of refugees and immigrants; services for the elderly and disabled; residential assistance and counseling for people with substance abuse issues help for victims of domestic violence

250 East 300 South, Suite 380
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
(801) 977-9119

The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army is dedicated to the caring for the poor, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, loving the unlovable and befriending those who have no friends. This dedication has produced an international network of helpful ministries.

Wasatch Front Corps—English and Spanish
438 South 900 West, SLC, UT 84104
801-363-1091

Thanks to everyone on this website who have helped us in our search for Robin Putnam! We now think he probably left Salt Lake City early on and could be anywhere in the country...he had mentioned wanting to check out other cities, as he was really burned out on the Bay area...I would keep your eyes peeled in places like Portland, OR, and Seattle...any city with a decent arts scene, as he is an incredibly talented artist...he could be hanging out with the other young, homeless street artists, or he could be spending a lot of time at a Buddhist temple, etc. We think there is a good chance he has changed his last name (possibly to avoid his student loan debt), but he likes his first name and a young homeless guy overhead him telling someone his name is Robin at the Homeless Youth Resource Center in SLC the day after he got off the train...thanks again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back