UT - Sierra Newbold, 6, abducted & murdered, West Jordan, 26 June 2012 *Arrest*

Police chief says, “There’s obviously a predator out there.”

He said there was no reason for people to panic, but urged them to take the normal precautions of locking doors and windows, and keeping an eye on children when they are outside.

"Right now we don’t know if it’s an isolated incident or not," Diamond said, adding that there have been no reports of anything similar. "There’s no reports of this individual targeting anyone else."

I truly thought someone would have been arrested already. Now I get the feeling the surveillance cameras did not turn up anything. JMO

So there is a predator out there, it is isolated, we don't know if it is isolated...good grief...

This sounds similar to the Isa Celis case. Found missing from room in the morning by one parent. Other parent at work. Two other siblings home. Only difference is they found her body and Isa is still missing. Hope they find out who did this to this poor baby.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

With the lack of new reporting, I read through the KSL comments.

Ms.F is right about community support. While some politely ask if the family could be involved, most are very supportive of the family. It's not in a "I know them they couldn't do this" type way, people in general are just upset and sad for the family. Usually the finger pointing happens by now and it hasn't yet in this case. It will be interesting to see what comes out.

He said the medical examiner’s office has determined a cause of death for the 6-year-old, but police are withholding that information so as not to compromise the investigation.

-----------------------------

"We do have evidence now that indicates this is more of an isolated incident," Sanders said.
"We don’t think there is a predator on the loose."

-----------------------------------

Sanders confirmed Wednesday that surveillance video at the Newbold home captured images, but said he could not discuss what those images showed.

He also said police were withholding how long Sierra had been dead before police found her body, how she might have ended up in the canal, and if they recovered DNA evidence because they don’t want to compromise the ongoing investigation.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54385955-78/police-sierra-sanders-west.html.csp

My guess is strangulation.
And the camera at the house only furthers my belief this wasn't someone who lived there... and knew about the camera.

Police chief says, “There’s obviously a predator out there.”

He said there was no reason for people to panic, but urged them to take the normal precautions of locking doors and windows, and keeping an eye on children when they are outside.

"Right now we don’t know if it’s an isolated incident or not," Diamond said, adding that there have been no reports of anything similar. "There’s no reports of this individual targeting anyone else."

I truly thought someone would have been arrested already. Now I get the feeling the surveillance cameras did not turn up anything. JMO

I find it weird that the story linked above which was updated just a few minutes ago has changed from "we don't think there's a predator on the loose" to "There's obviously a predator out there" - and changes from "we have evidence that this is probably an isolated incident" to "we don't know if it's an isolated incident or not" (paraphrasing)

:waitasec:

West Jordan • Police late Wednesday said they have no suspects and no persons of interest in connection with the Tuesday slaying of 6-year-old Sierra Newbold, whose body was found in a canal.

The girl’s death has been ruled a homicide, and police said the autopsy showed evidence that the girl was sexually assaulted.

Snipped

Diamond said no one had been ruled out as a suspect, including members of the girl’s family, who continue to cooperate with the investigation.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54385955-78/police-sierra-sanders-west.html.csp

I can see the surface similarities to Isabel but that's where it ends. This little angel has been found raped and murdered, but Isa is still just "abducted".

Whether there is a serial killer, or whether these babies are gone by the hand of those closest to them...it has to stop!

It must very scary for the people living around there especially when LE says there is a pedator out there and to lock your doors and watch your children when they are outside. But this child was taken from her bedroom I wish NG would have covered this tonight.

West Jordan • Police late Wednesday said they have no suspects and no persons of interest in connection with the Tuesday slaying of 6-year-old Sierra Newbold, whose body was found in a canal.

Snipped

Diamond said no one had been ruled out as a suspect, including members of the girl’s family, who continue to cooperate with the investigation.

This is cop-speak for "we know exactly who did it, we just can't prove it yet" .:moo:

Fox 13 News at 9pm:

Yes, canal was 4 feet deep.
They also said the FBI is sorting through video... (from homes, businesses, I don't know.)
They also said that they are treating it as a possible homicide so they don't miss any evidence.
They believe it's an isolated incident. There was no signs of a break in.

Oh and earlier on KSL Radio it said that although they don't know what happened to Sierra or who did it...
they are sure there isn't a "serial child stalker" on the loose.
:waitasec: Alrighty then.

PINK was Sierra's favorite color.

BBM

It infuriates me when LE says that when they have not even solved the crime.:banghead:

And then in one article the PC says this:

West Jordan Police chief says, “ Unfortunately, we have people out there who are monsters.”

At least he admits there are monsters who walk among us.

I firmly believe more children are abducted by stalker stranger pedophiles than the government ever wants us to know about.

I am so sad that another little precious 6 year old has been taken from her home and has been raped and murdered and thrown away like trash. :(

With school being out the predators are on the prowl imo even more than they usually are.

I find it weird that the story linked above which was updated just a few minutes ago has changed from "we don't think there's a predator on the loose" to "There's obviously a predator out there" - and changes from "we have evidence that this is probably an isolated incident" to "we don't know if it's an isolated incident or not" (paraphrasing)

:waitasec:

It shows they dont have a clue and are all over the place with their contradictory statements.

IMO

SapphireSteel said:

Snipped

/QUOTE]

This is cop-speak for "we know exactly who did it, we just can't prove it yet" .:moo:

What cop-speak? He was crystal clear in his message to the community, imo.

The PC said there are monsters out there and he is warning the parents that there is a predator out there and they need to lock their doors and watch the children when they are outside.

I highly doubt they know yet who the predator is because if they did they would want him off the streets immediately since the children are at risk as long as he is on the loose.

Sierra was murdered yesterday. The investigation has just begun.

IMO

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/54378057-78/girl-police-s
Hi-I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but the timeline seems off in this article-mom called LE at 7:27, dad had already left for work by this time, Sierra's body was found at 8... But the neighbor reports she and her husband were doing yard work and Sierra's father approached and asked if they had seen Sierra.
Perhaps I am missing something, or there is mis-reporting? or maybe dad simply works close enough to home for the timeline to fit?
my youngest is almost six-I know there is a community in heaven lifting Sierra to her place among angels.

People are drawing comparisons between Sierra and the unsolved murder of Rosie Tapia 17 years ago...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=210...ed-to-mind-in-6-year-olds-death&s_cid=queue-1

I agree same age, gone in the middle of the night, found in a canal... but I'm not getting the impression cops believe Sierra was abducted from her house.

There is also the racial difference, though of course that may or may not be relevant to a serial predator. I think the odds are slim.

I am curious about your impression that LE believes she was NOT abducted from her house. They are really keeping the details surrounding her disappearance quiet. I read a comment that Dad had to be at work by 7 am. Mom notices her missing at 7:27 am. Police locate her body at 8 am. There is already an obituary and her service is scheduled for Sat.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/54378057-78/girl-police-s
Hi-I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but the timeline seems off in this article-mom called LE at 7:27, dad had already left for work by this time, Sierra's body was found at 8... But the neighbor reports she and her husband were doing yard work and Sierra's father approached and asked if they had seen Sierra.
Perhaps I am missing something, or there is mis-reporting? or maybe dad simply works close enough to home for the timeline to fit?
my youngest is almost six-I know there is a community in heaven lifting Sierra to her place among angels.

I saw that too. Don't know what time Dad was called. Mom could have called him hysterical and he told her to call 911 and he headed home to help look for her. I read Dad started work at 7.

I am curious about your impression that LE believes she was NOT abducted from her house. They are really keeping the details surrounding her disappearance quiet. I read a comment that Dad had to be at work by 7 am. Mom notices her missing at 7:27 am. Police locate her body at 8 am. There is already an obituary and her service is scheduled for Sat.

Because they have been saying "it's an isolated incident." They are changing that tune now.

There are several kids that were abducted from the home but there was STILL risk to other children.
Even though the children were targeted, it wasn't an "isolated incident."

The only way it would likely be an "isolated incident" is if it was someone within her family or immediate friends.

I am VERY glad they have changed that. People were taking it to mean they thought it was the Dad... and nobody here believes that. :twocents:

Sierra Newbold
article-2165746-13D2A017000005DC-44_468x572.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500