UT - Sierra Newbold, 6, abducted & murdered, West Jordan, 26 June 2012 *Arrest*

sierra7.jpg

An announcement for the child's funeral scheduled for this Saturday described the child as quick to make friends while outgoing and a member of her local soccer team.

sierra3.jpg

'She was eager to grow up, drive, and get her “very own” cell phone.
She loved to draw and was an incredible artist at a very young age.
She loved dancing, hiking, and being active. She loved life and lived it to the fullest,' it read.

sierra2h.jpg

'She had the amazing ability to make everyone happy with her big brown eyes and her beautiful smile.'

------------------------------

She described the girl as smart and full of life and said she loved to dance and play dress ups.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aulted-dead-Utah-canal.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sierra and Dad

sierra4.jpg

Sierra and Mom

sierrar.jpg

sierra5p.jpg

This area isn't too far from Hill AFB correct?

No, it is not very far. I would get you a map if it would work for me. (Anyone want to map HAFB, Camp Williams and West Jordan?)

Camp Williams is closer than Hill Air Force Base (but south instead of north.) But both are certainly within driving distance.

It's also not far from the other high profile cases in Utah. Destiny Norton, Rosie Tapia, Elizabeth Smart, Susan Powell...etc.

sierra7.jpg

An announcement for the child's funeral scheduled for this Saturday described the child as quick to make friends while outgoing and a member of her local soccer team.

sierra3.jpg

'She was eager to grow up, drive, and get her “very own” cell phone.
She loved to draw and was an incredible artist at a very young age.
She loved dancing, hiking, and being active. She loved life and lived it to the fullest,' it read.

sierra2h.jpg

'She had the amazing ability to make everyone happy with her big brown eyes and her beautiful smile.'

------------------------------

She described the girl as smart and full of life and said she loved to dance and play dress ups.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aulted-dead-Utah-canal.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sierra and Dad

sierra4.jpg

Sierra and Mom

sierrar.jpg

sierra5p.jpg

Oh my god, those pictures are absolutely heartbreaking. That poor family.

No, it is not very far. I would get you a map if it would work for me. (Anyone want to map HAFB, Camp Williams and West Jordan?)

Camp Williams is closer than Hill Air Force Base (but south instead of north.) But both are certainly within driving distance.

It's also not far from the other high profile cases in Utah. Destiny Norton, Rosie Tapia, Elizabeth Smart, Susan Powell...etc.

BBM. And just to add so members can get their geographic bearings, Ethan Stacy was near Hill AFB.

Why take Sierra and not her sister T?

They are close in age and appearance. This isn't a 5 year difference like Elizabeth and her sister.

Did they sleep in the same room? (I would think they did being best friends.) Were they sleeping in the same room that night?

That is odd to me, why one and not the other?

(Thanks for the map Suzi... my internet is driving me NUTS!)

She certainly appears to be a very happy and well loved little girl.

How tragic, how utterly heartbreaking. Why are there monsters who steal such beauty and innocence?

Just to reiterate what Mrs. F stated before, although this case has received some attention, most of the news is focused on the fires in Utah.

Three new fires
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21022563&ni...vacuated-as-3-new-fires-rage&s_cid=featured-1

Church camp fire
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21024280&nid=148&title=firefighters-face-new-dangers-in-church-camp-fire

Wood Hollow fire
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1162&sid=21016802&title=evacuated-fairview-residents-allowed-to-return-home

The Wood Hollow fire is causing ash to fall on my home and the people in our state with asthma are suffering even if they are not near the fires. We are also all very worried about loved ones, loss of homes, and loss of nature.

I think that the people that live near Sierra are likely the most affected by her loss. What a beautiful little girl. I am absolutely broken hearted to learn the small details that we have about her death. I sincerely hope that LE have a better handle on the perp than it seems and are quickly building their case for an arrest warrant.

The people who live by Sierra are also fortunate to not be near any fires. (Aside from the two houses that burned down this week.)
They are also lucky that their area is not trying to battle a fire AND solve a murder. That should help too.

Utah is lucky. It is not as bad as Colorado. Though... for the many, many people who've lost their homes and animals... I don't think that matters.

Our family cabins are both in the area of fires... both our upcoming family reunions are in the area of fires... and our "vacation" spot is also in the area of the fires.

However... at this point all of our family and friends in Utah are not in the way of the fire. Colorado is another story. Plenty of family and friends are there.

I am a 1.5 - 2 hour drive from the closest active fire(s) and we can't see the mountains 2 miles away due to the smoke. It is freaky. :sigh:

I saw this on facebook and came straight here to see if you guys had any new info. what a heart breaking case. I do not feel it is anyone in the family, if it were the body would have been harder to find especially if they left DNA evidence which apparently they did. It sounds to me like a SO.....I hope they are checking every RSO in that area, this perp is dangerous he took little time doing what he did and he isn't afraid of getting caught. Every parent in that area needs to have thier children sleeping in thier rooms with the doors locked til this person is caught. So sad God bless this family and dear Lord receieve this precious childs soul into heaven and hold her hand as she walks through the gates of heaven. Comfort this family with your loving compassion and give them strength to make it through this horrible time.

This is heartbreaking.

Here's something that looks like a new update - "1 Hour Ago" according the ticker on the left:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...r-old-girl-dumped-her-body-in-utah-canal?lite

"We don't have any idea" how the girl disappeared or whether she was taken from the bedroom, Reed Newbold told The Associated Press. "It's a complete mystery."

KSL's report added:

The case appears to have similarities to an unsolved Salt Lake City homicide that occurred in August 1995. Two days after going missing, the body of 6-year-old Rosie Tapia was found in a canal near her family’s Glendale-area apartment. Police ruled her death to be a murder, but leads eventually ran cold. Rosie would have turned 23 this August.

They are close in age and appearance. This isn't a 5 year difference like Elizabeth and her sister.

Did they sleep in the same room? (I would think they did being best friends.) Were they sleeping in the same room that night?

Your question has me wondering if the perp could live in a home that Sierra frequented (such as a playmate's home). They would know Sierra better than her sister.

As you had previously pointed out, Rosie Tapia in 1995 was also taken out of her room where she slept with her 4yr old sister and 4yr old brother. They were in the same room that night but apparently didn't see or hear anything.

I don't know how someone could be so brazen to go into a child's bedroom with others in the room and then how they can take the child without waking others up during the kidnapping? I just don't get it.:confused:

I hope they find this perpetrator soon!

My heart is broken for this sweet little girl. My prayers go out to her family and friends. Rest in peace, Sweet Angel Sierra.:rose:

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2007/03/13/rosie-tapia-murder-81395-salt-lake-city-ut-unsolved-murder/

I hope that when LE finds the monster that killed Sierra that he will be shown no mercy at all. How in the world could someone hurt such a precious little girl. Makes me sick. These monsters that harm children need to face harsher punishments. These monsters can not rehibilitated at all. This has been proven time and time again everytime one of them goes to prison and then are released and continue to harm children. It is a vicious cycle that needs to stop and the only way to stop it is to sentence them to death or lock them up for the rest of their miserable lives without EVER the possibility of parole.

Came here right away when I saw this on abcnews. What a beautiful baby girl. I can't understand how a person could kill a little innocent child. Why not just let them go? How disgusting to walk into this family's home and take their child! Makes me so angry. The person that did this should be eliminated. I can't imagine what her father is feeling the anger he must want to find this guy and rip him apart.

I think we need to start putting tracking devices and alarms on our babies. We need to do something to stop these monsters. tracking device that alerts you if your child leaves the house or area. Something that can't be removed. mo - I know I would buy it.

As you had previously pointed out, Rosie Tapia in 1995 was also taken out of her room where she slept with her 4yr old sister and 4yr old brother. They were in the same room that night but apparently didn't see or hear anything.

I don't know how someone could be so brazen to go into a child's bedroom with others in the room and then how they can take the child without waking others up during the kidnapping? I just don't get it.:confused:

I think the mistake we make it trying to think like a psychopath. It's not logical. They have a burning 'need' to hurt, abuse, kill whatever...I think they just snatch whoever they can to satisfy that need!

I hope they find the perp who did this-hoping we hear some news today.

RIP Sierra=fly high with the angels!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back