UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really interesting that dinner was pancakes, syrup and scrambled eggs and I wonder if Jovanna was able to tell LE whether he served Susan pancakes with the syrup already on them or if she poured it herself from a bottle everyone else used. It would be so easy to conceal the taste of ground up pills or any kind of poison in syrup. It's almost easier than any other food I can think of.

Look at kid's medicines, for example. Most of them are medicines in corn syrup, aren't they? And maple syrup tastes better than corn syrup.

so I am still here and people are wishing happy cheer and things are happy.. I am concerned. However happy for the rest of you. I guess this was set up. no problem. I am used to suffering

??? Have you been sippin the eggnog dear one?

JoVonna never said anything about a spill on the floor before, did she????

Nope. Her claim is very transparent. What she gonna do when the spill comes back as blood or something else nefarious and she has placed herself there while Josh was cleaning it up? Rut roh!

Somewhere I remember hearing she was the new Relief Society Secretary. That's a nice calling. I bet she enjoyed it...

That was my daughters calling as well. She loved it. It was for a mostly singles ward on BYU campus.

Interesting article posted in seattlepi.com Dec. 8, 2004 Where marital counseling gone wrong. Marital counselors are not skilled in abnormal psychology... And Josh is not normal...

http://www.seattlepi.com/opinion/202728_seth08.html

Murders a devastating punishment

By SETH ELLNER
GUEST COLUMNIST

I was so saddened to read about the murder of Kelsey and Hayley Byrne by their father, Steve Byrne. I was equally troubled by the Post-Intelligencer news article titled "Clues to killings -- but no answers" (Nov. 24), followed by the rest of the story under the heading, "KILLINGS: 'I don't know for sure if we'll ever know.' "

The article describes Byrne as a wonderful man with beautiful daughters whom he loved very much. There is even a statement from his sister, a domestic violence advocate, that family members saw no warning signs in their brother.

There was no mention of the effect of this horrible murder-suicide on Suzanne Dawson, the children's mother. Tragically, I believe, there are answers to this tragedy.

In my opinion -- as someone who co-directs a domestic violence perpetrator intervention program and specializes in the effect of domestic violence on children -- Byrne was the most dangerous kind of domestic violence batterer. That is one who murders his own children as a means of retaliation against his (ex-)wife for not getting what he wants.

In the article, it stated that Byrne was unwilling to accept the advice of a marital counselor and examine the effects of his angry outbursts on his children. The counselor observed Byrne's angry outbursts, sometimes directed at Dawson, with an intensity so physically intimidating that the counselor herself said she "remain(ed) concerned about my safety from Steve Byrne." Angry outbursts to the point where a therapist and/or intimate partner are afraid for their physical safety are a major red flag for possible domestic violence. A referral for a domestic violence intervention is recommended even if there has not been any apparent physical violence. The state's legal definition of domestic violence does include "fear of imminent harm" even in the absence of physical violence, and for good reason as we can see in this case.

I have deleted my nasty post.. sorry for the confusion. I was emotional. I still am. but that is okay.

That map... Susan could be literally anywhere.

How sad for her family.

Does the extreme salt content in the Great Salt Lakes prevent these lakes from freezing? (sometimes I wish I'd paid more attention in school).

Just drove by it on Sunday and it was frozen as far out as I could see.

I think there was no way the counseling could work because, clearly, Josh didn't have competent life skills and the deadline for developing them to prevent divorce would only make things worse.

What I wonder is if he even really had a new job. The articles all say he did not call in to work, but according to whom? We know for sure Susan didn't call in, and coworkers have commented.

I might have missed this. Has anyone else seen a quote from the new employer or definite confirmation of the new job?

Thanks.

Just drove by it on Sunday and it was frozen as far out as I could see.

Really? I honestly didn't believe that was possible! Thanks SuziQ. Does it seem like a logical (such as it is) spot for JP to have gone?

Chuck Cox just posted on Friends and Family of Susan Powell FB page:

Susan where ever you are, in Heavenly fathers arms or being watched over by angels until you are found and reunited.... we love you and will not give up searching. Stay strong.

Makes me just want to sob...

Sorry if I missed this, but do we know what type of vehicle the rental was? I ask because I had said before I don't think he could have gone too far off road in the minivan. Wherever he took Susan couldn't have been too far off the beaten path, IMO. If he was able to get there, so are others - KWIM? Hunters, snowmobilers, hikers, cross-country skiers, etc.

Obviously Jovanna was not REALLY Susan's friend. She was just a neighbor, church buddy, sometime babsitter and knitting buddy. Other than that, she was basically just an 'acquaintance.' She must feel somewhat betrayed by Susan who she thought was a friend and who had so much going on in her life. Yet she was not a confidant but her neighbor Mr. Peterson was. Ooohhh, that must really smart her pride. No wonder she appeared in that video with such a sour face.

OTOH, we've learned today that Susan had said that Josh had until the end of the year (ehhh...that would be pretty much about now), to fully commit to the church. Completely........and we KNOW that didn't happen. As a matter of fact, he didn't go to church that last Sunday,................yet Susan went with the boys.....Yep!!!!!! Time was ticking to an end for Josh and I wouldn't be at all surprised that Susan, who her friends had said had started sticking up to her husband, reminded him he'd just about - or had, run out of time.

Wonder if there was a HUGE fight that last Sunday, prior to Jovanna arriving to work on a project with Susan. A BIG, BIG fight where Josh lost his temper. You know how this goes? He may have said or done something pretty horrible. But then Jovanna arrives, tempers calm, and for anyone who's ever been in an abusive relationship,................well, you remember the 'honeymoon period?' You know, right after that big blow out and he knows he's in {deep do do} and he wines, dines, sweet talks, sometimes sends flowers,.................and everything is all nice-nice,...............until the NEXT TIME!!

Sure Josh was nice as could be when Jovanne was there that night. Wow, he was sooooo attentive! He even made dinner, did the dishes, took care of the kids and even brought Susan a blanket when she got cold. But then,.............Susan (not quite her jovial self,) feigned fatigue and excused herself to her bed. Josh being the attentive husband he was, knew she was still angry, so he brushed off Jovanne by telling her he was taking the boys sledding. (in the dark, no less!)

Yep, Jovanne left and the saga continues. Josh finds that Susan was not taken in by his act of contrition that he NEVER follows up (didn't go to church like he promised) and that his 'ACT' of love and concern was just that,.............an ACT!

But Susan was fed up! This was it! She wasn't going to continue this any more. They were finished! His BS wasn't going to get what he wanted with her anymore. She stood up to him one last time! One last time!

Josh,..............where did you put Susan?

fran

Let us talk JoVonna for a moment.

And let us talk about those going to the church regularly and those who weren't

OBVIOUSLY Josh wasn't.

Ok..

So.... for some reason JoVonna and Susan's buddy K. (forget how to spell her name) are backing him up like buddies.

Why would they do this in lieu of their friend being missing? The only reason I can think of is that they were not privy to the inside knowledge of the relationship..

JMO of course, but Kiirsi is questioning Josh's story, and has been for some time publicly. In the very beginning she was polite along with the Cox family. She is/was Susan's best friend from all that I've read.

As for JoVonna tonight on JVM she seemed timid to me. She said that Susan and Josh seemed fine, and mentioned the blanket that Josh got for Susan. Also that he cooked dinner. Both of which Susan thanked him for. To me that is just "company face" that we all do. Know how your just nicer, and more polite in front of company? Especially those that you do not know well.

I feel we need to remember the shows that JoVonna has actually been on: they are not 60 Minutes or Oprah. They are news shows that pay for appearances. Have no clue how much, but I would imagine fairly well for a couple of minutes of commentary. I think it entirely possible that this is JoVonna's only motive.

Chuck Cox just posted on Friends and Family of Susan Powell FB page:

Susan where ever you are, in Heavenly fathers arms or being watched over by angels until you are found and reunited.... we love you and will not give up searching. Stay strong.

Makes me just want to sob...

Oh dear. My heart just aches for Susan's family. JOSH - TELL THEM WHERE SHE IS YOU F-ING !!!

Sorry if I missed this, but do we know what type of vehicle the rental was? I ask because I had said before I don't think he could have gone too far off road in the minivan. Wherever he took Susan couldn't have been too far off the beaten path, IMO. If he was able to get there, so are others - KWIM? Hunters, snowmobilers, hikers, cross-country skiers, etc.

There is a interview with Josh that shows him getting out of the car he rented...I'll go find it:

Here it is, that is his rental car:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXDpQEfZm8[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members