UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the case on Jane V-M. The friend Jovanna was on, and said Susan never gave any indication that they were having problems. she painted a pretty picture of the last night when she was over there crocheting. She obviously is on the side of Josh - she said he was soooo nice to her that night, put a blanket on her cause she was cold, cooked a nice dinner for her, cleaned up the dishes, and even made it a point to say "he cleaned up a spill from dinner that was on the floor." Weird remark - I think she was trying to elude about the wet carpet/fans.
QUOTE]

pancakes and scrambled eggs = nice dinner?

She has NEVER mentioned the spill before, and I'll tell you--that woman can't get enough of the news cameras, can she? And never ONCE has she mentioned the spill.

Before I thought the whole Jovanna issue was much ado about nothing. Now I'm really not so sure.

Come to think of it- Josh had to have known that the mileage on a rental car is noted at the time it is rented, and again at the time it was returned. Just about everyone knows that, right?

The more I think of it, the more I am certain that Josh just drove as many miles in it as he could to confuse the authorities.

He probably made a point of driving in a different direction than where he left her body, for the same reason.

after that video I have to say that I want to spank JoVononna! I have more adjectives for her but respectively restrain from using them at this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A TONGUE HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the spill she mentioned in the kitchen was NOT THE ONE IN THE LIVING ROOM... no way...

JoVonna... go home!!!!!!

She does seem to love her new found fame. JoVanna saw exactly what Josh wanted her to see in the home that night. A caring, attentive, loving husband to his wife. Someone that you would never suspect of killing is wife. She is his character witness.

I have no doubts that JoVanna was NOT privy to the truth of the marriage or the problems they were having. JMO

{{{{PattiG}}}} thank you again for posting the clip, as always we can count on you.

2 things I noted after actually listening to the interview:

JoVonna said that Josh made dinner---never heard her use the word nice.

The big one is that she said he spilled something on the kitchen floor. Unless they have carpeting in their kitchen, this would just be as easy cleanup--no fans necessary for that.

Okay, then this was an LDS Family Services counselor. It speaks volumes and volumes to me.....

Also LDS Family Services hires "unlicensed" people that have completed their masters degrees but need further supervised hours (usually 2 full time years) in order to sit for their professional lincensure exams in their states. Okay, my question is WHO WAS SUPERVISING THIS PERSON? Cause I see a possible professional ethics/liability issue

Okay I've been an administrator in a couple very large psych practices and I can tell you from personal experience, these doctors that do supervision are half butted at best in their supervision. They usually only agree to "supervise" if they are paid for it and/or if they can get the supervisee to do their paperwork, etc around the office.

Interesting insights...thanks..

OT : on the Elizabeth Olten thread some of us (me me LOL) have wondered if perhaps Allyssa Bustamente was getting "therapy" thru her Gma's (Mormon) church??? Would they provide therapy /counseling for depressed teen??

Somewhere I remember hearing she was the new Relief Society Secretary. That's a nice calling. I bet she enjoyed it...
I'm not sure what a 'Relief Society Secretary' is, but I believe you when you say it was a nice position to have.

Which tells me it was yet another reason for Josh to be jealous of Susan, and her obvious successes.

I can just picture his envy and rage perculating and finally boiling over.

exactly.. it wasn't a carpet spill.. Wonder if JoVonna was drugged and she is still being drugged (ooooooh... did I GO THERE??)

I am now convinced that other than her being there that night, JoVonna has NO CLUE into what happened that night in terms of the inner dynamics.

She, Ms JoVonna, was CLUELESS. She may have brushed the collar of death but she didn't know she was doing it. She really didn't. I rather think Josh had her under his control.

It is all good. Let us hope that the truth really prevails. It did tonght in the case of Ms O'Connell. She took up the better half of my prayer day.. when after hearing she was hiding out.. it would have been better spent on Susan.

I feel guilt for this.

I hope that in the future I can have better feelings about who needs the prayers of my family and who does not. Susuan still does.. and she has it and will have it untl she comes home. Bless you Susan and your family... Consider it done... but JoVonna.. stay back!

Think back to all the calls Scott Peterson made to Amber Frey after he knew the police knew about her.

After reading here for years (and watching a few episodes of "COPS") I no longer use the term "criminal mastermind" in any context.
Good point.

(And, nice hair, ).

What is a Relief Society Secretary???
Is this a church job on the side of her regular job?
A calling is the church job you are assigned to do. It is not paid. In the church congregation, most serve in some capacity. The woman's organization is the Relief Society. I won't get into what that group is and does but you can google it. The RS has a president, two counselors (assistants) and a secretary. It's a nice calling and would be given to somebody that can handle responsibility and I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) must hold a current temple recommend. I know at least the RS presidency (the other 3 women) must.

It is all good. Let us hope that the truth really prevails. It did tonght in the case of Ms O'Connell. She took up the better half of my prayer day.. when after hearing she was hiding out.. it would have been better spent on Susan.

I feel guilt for this.

I hope that in the future I can have better feelings about who needs the prayers of my family and who does not. Susuan still does.. and she has it and will have it untl she comes home. Bless you Susan and your family... Consider it done... but JoVonna.. stay back!

(respectfully snipped)

(((hugs))) to you NurseBeeme.....as you say it is "all good"...your prayers were answered for Katie....and what she didn't "need" I am sure went to others who do need them

hang in there

'if you love me you will give me the remote' that is what is drifting up from my basement... but yet i know they love each other. not like this susan powell case. there was no love there. it was hollow. they really did not love one another. the high stress period between thanksvgiving and christmas.... well that is high stress. do we know how he spent thanksgiving and how it played out? bet you a hundred hot wings it was with his sister and her husband and it was the usual short lived emotional encounter as always.

media go check it out.

What we have now is a woman missing who CRIED OUT her fears. Lest us not forget them. Let us nail them to the one who perpetrated them.. and wonder if that same perp would be the one who caused her to go missing from her house two weeks ago? hmmmm????????? If I had to bet.. well give me all the blue and red chips. even the yellow ones. pass em.. and than Josh.. you better tell where you put her.

Can anyone here handy with maps do a hundred mile radius in a red circle with West Valley City in the center ? That would give us an idea of an area

A calling is the church job you are assigned to do. It is not paid. In the church congregation, most serve in some capacity. The woman's organization is the Relief Society. I won't get into what that group is and does but you can google it. The RS has a president, two counselors (assistants) and a secretary. It's a nice calling and would be given to somebody that can handle responsibility and I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) must hold a current temple recommend. I know at least the RS presidency (the other 3 women) must.

I think I understand, this was a good placement for women of the faith and made her more of a higher church member something that could make Josh even madder since he was against the church and jealous of Susan's advancements in life!

Interesting insights...thanks..

OT : on the Elizabeth Olten thread some of us (me me LOL) have wondered if perhaps Allyssa Bustamente was getting "therapy" thru her Gma's (Mormon) church??? Would they provide therapy /counseling for depressed teen??

I'm not at all familiar with that case but yes, they could offer that service to a teen that needed counseling as well with the parent's consent. Please understand, those services are NOT free. The person would pay for the counseling services or in some cases the ward (through the congregation's fast offerings/tithes) would assist them with the cost if the person could not afford it on their own.

I don't know.. but "several hundred" could, to me, mean between 200-300 plus miles...

I think he killed her and took this car back out to the site he killed her. He either went to check and see if anyone else had figured it out or to make sure his hiding place was still safe.

(snip, bbm) I feel sure she was more likely poisoned or killed by some means right there in the home, and he took the boys along to dispose of their mother (knowing they were too young to realize their mother was with them for initial part of that first trip, much less expired). Since there's often a kernel of truth in the statements made by these sickos I think Josh said he "wouldn't know where to begin to look," because it was a water disposal. If you use radial circumpherence mapping tool based upon estimated max. of 500 miles RT eg (250 or roughly 4 hrs ea way) you can easily see the vast stretch, the scope of possibilities LE's looking at... geez it could have been anywhere from to Grand Junction CO to Idaho Falls but you've got water everywhere around right there in Utah--and not all of it freezes (locals?) If it was a moving river eg he really may not be exactly sure where she is any longer. :mad:

The second trip--in loaner--could well have been to see if she'd resurfaced. You know, kinda like Scott P gazing out over they bay :sick: it's unlikely JP did but if he made it as far as Lk Tahoe that first trip who knows, they might wind up cellies.
1sm160jail.gif

:parrot:

I think I understand, this was a good placement for women of the faith and made her more of a higher church member something that could make Josh even madder since he was against the church and jealous of Susan's advancements in life!
Of faith and fun... Relief Society is a charitable as well as social organization. It was probably the RS that hosted the breakfast at the church the Saturday morning before she went missing....

Not me. I eat with these hands.
Jovonna makes me want to stich up the sides of her mouth to start with.

After that it would be rated. Overall to me jovonna holds nothing in this case. imhoo.

she is just a funny looking connundrum in this case. She is nothing other than that. And most likely she, at the time was a wrench in the murder of Susan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member