UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

If this post should be somewhere else, please let me know.

If you have specific questions that can be answered by friends, neighbors and family of Susan Powell, I started a new thread called something to the effect of "Questions you want to ask Susan's family and friends".

I recall around that time Wayne Hamburg posting on the wall of the "susan powell part 2" Facebook group that the Seattle Examiner called him wanting an interview. The fact that I've not read an interview published by Isabelle containing quotes from him leads me to deduct this is who made that statement!

I've noticed anytime there is an article about Josh, he is normally spewing his glib in the comment section of the
Trib.

What a soul selling sucker this guy is. Hope LE did give him a call!

The West Valley City Police did call Wayne Hamberg on February 1, 2010 and asked him to be down at police headquarters the following morning, February 2, 2010, at 08:30 AM!

I know this to be a fact because he posted this on the wall of the susan powell part 2 Facebook group and I saved a pdf file of the wall.

I've noticed anytime there is an article about Josh, he is normally spewing his glib in the comment section of the
Trib.

Get a Facebook account and join the group "susan powell part 2" if you want to see some spewing! He goes on and on for MILES!

Remember that there wouldn't just be driving time, there would be time to leave the body, although if there was snow, one would just need to find a quiet stretch of highway or a river.

Somewhere with woods. Somewhere he had passed before, somewhere plowed or passable at that time of night and weather. To me, this all argues for a remote stretch of highway north of Ogden, possibly north of the Utah line. It's still interstate but very remote and quiet at that time of night. They would likely have driven this stretch either on the move down or on visits north. It's only a couple of hours to the state line, and a couple hours back. There are also numerous canyons in between that would be quiet and remote yet passable - Huntsville canyon.

It's possible that they went further into the Oquirrh mountains to the west of West Valley City, but these areas would be less likely to have been plowed, and too much in the direction of where he claimed they camped. I don't believe for a minute that the police would have been told the general direction truthfully.

This is something I speculated about in the beginning.
The Snake River is along that route. If the kids were asleep, he could easily have thrown her over on a bridge.

There was a post a while back, and I'd have a hard time finding it, where OK5 provided a layout of the home. The bedrooms are on the left, the living room and behind it the kitchen in the middle, and the garage on the right.

It was worded that Susan went to take a nap.

Josh may have returned to WVC in the morning according to rumors, so I've revised my ideas considerably and think he didn't go so far away.

If Wayne Hamberg is the person Isabelle spoke with, and Josh was indeed in West Valley City at 5:00 AM, perhaps he dropped by Wayne Hamberg's house! How else would he know Josh was in West Valley City at 5:00 AM?

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/calendar/GetCivilCase.cfm?cause_num=01-2-11918-0

I just saw this link among the comments from the SL Tribune. Seems as though Josh Powell was a defendant in an eviction case in 2001.

10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF JOSH POWELL TIMELINE Public
10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF DANA A LEWIS Public

10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF STEVEN C POWELL Public
10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF JENNIFER GRAVES Public
10/05/2001 DECLARATION OF TERRICA R POWELL Public

What does this mean? Did his father, mother and sister testify? Great sleuthing sunnydee!!

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/cfapps/linx/calendar/GetCivilCase.cfm?cause_num=01-2-11918-0

I just saw this link among the comments from the SL Tribune. Seems as though Josh Powell was a defendant in an eviction case in 2001.

This was only 5 months after he and Susan were married. Wonder if this has anything to do with their property management jobs. He might have been part of the maintenance crew too. Wonder what type of trouble he got himself into that time? Who is Dana A Lewis? Attorney?

Sunnydee, what article was this under? TIA

10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF JOSH POWELL TIMELINE Public
10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF DANA A LEWIS Public

10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF STEVEN C POWELL Public
10/04/2001 DECLARATION OF JENNIFER GRAVES Public
10/05/2001 DECLARATION OF TERRICA R POWELL Public

What does this mean? Did his father, mother and sister testify? Great sleuthing sunnydee!!

A declaration is a written statement filed with the court which the declarant must sign under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of (insert state) that the foregoing is true and correct.

What I am gathering from the filings is that Josh Powell was served with a 30 Day Notice To Vacate which he did not voluntarily comply with. Because of this, the landlord filed an Unlawful Detainer petition to evict Josh Powell with the court.

In order to attempt to prove why he should not be evicted, Josh obtained declarations from the people listed in an attempt to persuade the judge the plaintiff/landlord was not within his rights to evict Josh Powell, et all.

When an Unlawful Detainer petition is granted, a move out date is ordered by the court. If the defendant(s) have not vacated the premises by midnight on the particular date at which time the sheriff's department goes to the residence (to make sure it is vacant and posts the Sherrif's Notice on the door that anyone named in the Unlawful Detainer case will be arrested if they are caught on the property), the residence must be vacant or the occupants will be arrested on the spot and forfeit all their possessions remaining on the property!

A declaration is a written statement filed with the court which the declarant must sign under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of (insert state) that the foregoing is true and correct.

What I am gathering from the filings is that Josh Powell was served with a 30 Day Notice To Vacate which he did not voluntarily comply with. Because of this, the landlord filed an Unlawful Detainer petition to evict Josh Powell with the court.

In order to attempt to prove why he should not be evicted, Josh obtained declarations from the people listed in an attempt to persuade the judge the plaintiff/landlord was not within his rights to evict Josh Powell, et all.

When an Unlawful Detainer petition is granted, a move out date is ordered by the court. If the defendant(s) have not vacated the premises by midnight on the particular date at which time the sheriff's department goes to the residence (to make sure it is vacant and posts the Sherrif's Notice on the door that anyone named in the Unlawful Detainer case will be arrested if they are caught on the property), the residence must be vacant or the occupants will be arrested on the spot and forfeit all their possessions remaining on the property!

Thank you!! (Sometimes his backbone suprises me)

Resolution: 10/01/2001 Uncontested Resolution I'm having a hard time finding out the WA Court defination of uncontested resolution. Does this mean he moved anyway? A little surprised that Susan didn't testify but three of his family members did. (I assume Susan was the only one that lived in the apartment with him but who knows.) Thanks for your help!!!!

Thank you!! (Sometimes his backbone suprises me)

Resolution: 10/01/2001 Uncontested Resolution I'm having a hard time finding out the WA Court defination of uncontested resolution. Does this mean he moved anyway? A little surprised that Susan didn't testify but three of his family members did. (I assume Susan was the only one that lived in the apartment with him but who knows.) Thanks for your help!!!!

EDIT: I see the 10/01/2001: Uncontested Resolution at the very top. That is puzzling!
And he apparently tried to contest the eviction after the move out order which was denied. If any other resolution had been reached, the motions would have been granted and it would have been noted that the case Unlawful Detainer case was dismissed.

However, Josh was evicted:
10/11/2001 MOTION TO VACATE Public
10/12/2001 SHERIFF S RETURN ON WRIT Public 2214-2777
10/17/2001 MEMORANDUM IN OPPOSITION Public
10/17/2001 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE Public 2216-4101
10/17/2001 NOTICE OF ATTY CHANGE OF ADDRESS Public
10/18/2001 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE Public 2217-1088
10/24/2001 MOTION AND AFFIDAVIT/DECLARATION Public
10/26/2001 ORDER DENYING MOTION/PETITION Public 2220-2237
10/26/2001 VERBATIM RPT TRANSMITTED IN CT FILE Public
10/26/2001 VERBATIM RPT TRANSMITTED IN CT FILE Public
10/26/2001 MOTION HEARING Public
12/30/2008 ARCHIVED RECORD

I don't understand what 10/26/2001 MOTION HEARING is all about. But, there were no further entries after that.

He filed a Motion For Reconsideration with the accompany declarations you listed asking the court to reconsider granting the plaintiff's/landlord's Unlawful Detainer petition which was denied. (I am sure the declarations contained statements as to why Josh should NOT be evicted.)

I seem to remember reading that Josh and Susan lived with OMP for a little while after they married. Am I remembering that correctly? If so, perhaps it was after the eviction.

1 Uncontested Resolution [/B][/I] I'm having a hard time finding out the WA Court defination of uncontested resolution. Does this mean he moved anyway?

7.A.c UNCONTESTED RESOLUTION

Uncontested Resolution (UNDS) - Final resolution for a case that is not contested in superior court, and is not given a default judgment (e.g., a case in which the respondent did not answer to the claims and no order of default was handed down as the final resolution). Use for initial pre-placement reports filed without a pre-existing adoption file.

Consolidated Case (CONS) - Final resolution for a case being consolidated into another case.

There was a judgment issued.

This was only 5 months after he and Susan were married. Wonder if this has anything to do with their property management jobs. He might have been part of the maintenance crew too. Wonder what type of trouble he got himself into that time? Who is Dana A Lewis? Attorney?

Sunnydee, what article was this under? TIA

This information wasn't in the text of an article. It was something that a poster had written on the message board for the story about the police being unable to confirm that Josh was at the strip bar.

What do you make of this?

snipped:
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...tell-his-side-of-the-story?cid=examiner-email

In January Examiner.com offered to interview one of Josh's friends. The friend put unusual conditions on sharing his story and has, to date, not agreed to share his story. During a phone conversation he did say, "If I knew Josh was in town at 5 a.m. the day Susan went missing, don’t you think that story would be worth at least $1,000?”

It's hard to imagine WH selling a story for $1000. I've read his comments in the past when he was bragging about the national news wanting to interview him. I feel pretty sure he would want a lot more than $1000.

I am curious about the use of the word "friend" and wonder if the person identified themselves as a friend or if the Examiner used the term themselves. Perhaps, the person with the knowledge of Josh being in WVC at 5 am could be someone from a store he went to?

A motion for reconsideration? Who in Josh's family is the legal adviser? It looks like he fought and got everyone involved and pretty much stretched his case of eviction as far as he could, exercising his rights. Since he didn't have rent money, it seems to me someone else had to be coaching him.

It's hard to imagine WH selling a story for $1000. I've read his comments in the past when he was bragging about the national news wanting to interview him. I feel pretty sure he would want a lot more than $1000.

I am curious about the use of the word "friend" and wonder if the person identified themselves as a friend or if the Examiner used the term themselves. Perhaps, the person with the knowledge of Josh being in WVC at 5 am could be someone from a store he went to?

The reason I chose him is because Isabelle has interviewed and published articles about Jovanna Owings, Debbie Caldwell, Kirsii Hellewell, Chuck Cox and about every other "major player" in this case EXCEPT for Wayne Hamberg and I simply cannot fathom her NOT trying to get an interview from Wayne, unless it was Tim Peterson but I doubt that because he so freely spoke with the Salt Lake Tribune and KSL.

Furthermore, Wayne Hamberg announced, on the wall of the Facebook group "susan powell 2" that the Seattle Examiner had contacted him wanting an interview yet an article was never published.

A motion for reconsideration? Who in Josh's family is the legal adviser? It looks like he fought and got everyone involved and pretty much stretched his case of eviction as far as he could, exercising his rights. Since he didn't have rent money, it seems to me someone else had to be coaching him.

Most likely Steven C. Powell. Check out how long he kept Josh's mother, his ex-wife, tied up in court: http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?f...FB91C8CAD&dt=0A01C356CC01DFD88FBBBDC67AC3BAE9

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back