UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

Most likely Steven C. Powell. Check out how long he kept Josh's mother, his ex-wife, tied up in court: http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?f...FB91C8CAD&dt=0A01C356CC01DFD88FBBBDC67AC3BAE9
For those who are short of patience in this case and wonder what's going on behind the scenes, this should explain a lot. This kind of guy would still be filing legal arguments five minutes before execution if the case were cut and dried and there were nothing to argue. They are saving the taxpayers a lot of extra court time, if they really nail it dead on the first time.

Have any of Josh Powell's former girlfriends come forward? It's hard to believe that Susan was the first to encounter his behavior.

I'm sure the police are doing a very thorough job of interviewing. But I wonder whether there is anyone who has discussed places Josh might have gone on prior trips to Utah, places he liked to go with his family before he met Susan, places he might have taken other women in Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon. Everyone has "favorite" spots and I wonder what his were.

Have any of Josh Powell's former girlfriends come forward? It's hard to believe that Susan was the first to encounter his behavior.

I'm sure the police are doing a very thorough job of interviewing. But I wonder whether there is anyone who has discussed places Josh might have gone on prior trips to Utah, places he liked to go with his family before he met Susan, places he might have taken other women in Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon. Everyone has "favorite" spots and I wonder what his were.

Yes, the police have been informed about the campground Josh and Susan went camping at near the state line. I believe that is where the searches have been conducted by the Tooele County Sheriff's department.

Believe me, all of Josh and Susan's friends, except the Powell clan, have been cooperating with police and telling them everything they know, at least one would have to assume so! There is an $11,000.00 reward! (That ain't much but it's still not a drop in the bucket!)

There is an $11,000.00 reward! (That ain't much but it's still not a drop in the bucket!)

I'm just curious if it might be useful, to include somewhere in the sticky note section, something for those who would like to see the amount increased, to help direct them to the appropriate entity. It could be implemented for all missing person threads on the site, maybe just as a push button that says "REWARD." :twocents:

Thanks for the floor plan. Does anyone know where the wet spot and fans were? And was it in route to the garage?

Is is possible to get from the basement to the garage without going outside?

I would post this question in the "Questions I want Susan's Family and friends to answer".

Thanks for the floor plan. Does anyone know where the wet spot and fans were? And was it in route to the garage?

Is is possible to get from the basement to the garage without going outside?
Somewhere in the thread where the floor plan was posted, it was stated that the wet spot was in front of a sofa which was in front of the front window.

From what I saw in the floor plan, the basement opens upstairs facing the front entry. Someone would turn left after climbing to the top of the basement steps to go to the garage.

I just mapped WVC, UT to Steven P's house in Puyallup and takes between 14.5 - 18.5 hours to drive there. Here's a thought - did Josh drive 1/2 way and meet his Dad, who then took Susan's body to dispose of?

Were there any calls from Josh to his Dad that night or morning? Was his Dad at work the day of the 7th? I would imagine LE has the answers to these questions - I would hope so anyway. (sorry if this has already been discussed)

Did the kids see their Grandpa on the 7th?

I just mapped WVC, UT to Steven P's house in Puyallup and takes between 14.5 - 18.5 hours to drive there. Here's a thought - did Josh drive 1/2 way and meet his Dad, who then took Susan's body to dispose of?

Were there any calls from Josh to his Dad that night or morning? Was his Dad at work the day of the 7th? I would imagine LE has the answers to these questions - I would hope so anyway. (sorry if this has already been discussed)

Did the kids see their Grandpa on the 7th?

Halfway would be approximately the border of Id & Or. If it's true that SP may have a brother (Major, in the Idaho State Police, Forensics) working in Meridian, Id., that would be VERY interesting.
I checked the time and mileage from WVC to the area where I-84 crosses over the Snake River and it's about 2.5 hours and 180 miles. Also Hell's Canyon National Recreational Park and vicinity is in eastern Oregon. Since the Powells lived in Spokane, likely, they would be very familiar with this area.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#/vhzxoh9jh9fc8op3

Halfway would be approximately the border of Id & Or. If it's true that SP may have a brother (Major, in the Idaho State Police, Forensics) working in Meridian, Id., that would be VERY interesting.
I checked the time and mileage from WVC to the area where I-84 crosses over the Snake River and it's about 2.5 hours and 180 miles. Also Hell's Canyon National Recreational Park and vicinity is in eastern Oregon. Since the Powells lived in Spokane, likely, they would be very familiar with this area.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#/vhzxoh9jh9fc8op3
Maybe he went to go see MAJOR RALPH POWELL on the day he rented the car. It was reported he drove 300 plus miles and that would be about 360 miles round trip! Here: http://www.isp.idaho.gov/forensic/index.html

pic_rpowell.jpg

Not trying to hijack this thread topic, but saw the bankruptcy papers and have just a few questions.

Does anyone know why their furnishings are placed at such a low value?

Why is Susan Powell's name on the list of people Josh owed money to? (saw it on the last page of the documents). Or is that a list of the people who get a copy of the bankruptcy filing?

Also noticed that Countrywide is on the list of debtors, and they screwed over a lot of people who were buying with interest rate misreprsentations and other things.
I ask in that I wonder how much of their mortgage was a problem and related to the bankruptcy filing, is all.

On page 28, is their home listed twice due to a second mortgage?

Is page 24 blurry or is that my computer? Personal info that should not be released, is that why it is blurry? Like a social number and so on?

Not trying to hijack this thread topic, but saw the bankruptcy papers and have just a few questions.

Does anyone know why their furnishings are placed at such a low value?

Why is Susan Powell's name on the list of people Josh owed money to? (saw it on the last page of the documents). Or is that a list of the people who get a copy of the bankruptcy filing?

Also noticed that Countrywide is on the list of debtors, and they screwed over a lot of people who were buying with interest rate misreprsentations and other things.
I ask in that I wonder how much of their mortgage was a problem and related to the bankruptcy filing, is all.

On page 28, is their home listed twice due to a possible second mortgage?

Is page 24 blurry or is that my computer? Personal info that should not be released, is that why it is blurry? Like a social number and so on?

Does anyone know why their furnishings are placed at such a low value? Because Josh didn't want his creditors to realize the true value of his possessions due to the fact they could have filed documents with the court requesting a court order forcing him to sell various items and give the proceeds to them.

Why is Susan Powell's name on the list of people Josh owed money to? (saw it on the last page of the documents). Or is that a list of the people who get a copy of the bankruptcy filing? The last page is a list of the people/businesses who were officially served with a notice that Josh Powell's Bankruptcy petition had been granted by the court. The reason there is no address for Susan Powell is because she didn't need to be mailed the documents as she was living with Josh Powell at the time.

I ask in that I wonder how much of their mortgage was a problem and related to the bankruptcy filing, is all. With a payment of approximately $1,200.00 per month, clearly the Powells had to manage their finances properly to come up with that amount every month on top of their van payment, auto insurance, groceries, fuel, utilities, etc.

On page 28, is their home listed twice due to a possible second mortgage? It appears this is the case.

Is page 24 blurry or is that my computer? Personal info that should not be released, is that why it is blurry? Like a social number and so on? Page 24 is not blurry on my document and there is nothing of importance on that page at all. Did you obtain the document from JoshPowellBankruptcy@gmail.com? If not, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the clear copy.

Maybe he went to go see MAJOR RALPH POWELL on the day he rented the car. It was reported he drove 300 plus miles and that would be about 360 miles round trip! Here: http://www.isp.idaho.gov/forensic/index.html

pic_rpowell.jpg

I also wondered if he drove the rental car to the place he claimed to have been camping, in order to place evidence to support his claim of being there. What kind of car did he rent? Was it something that would be able to drive those snowy roads better than his van?

I also wondered if he drove the rental car to the place he claimed to have been camping, in order to place evidence to support his claim of being there. What kind of car did he rent? Was it something that would be able to drive those snowy roads better than his van?

Your questions have been discussed in great detail about ten weeks ago, please go back and read all the previous threads to bring yourself up to date.

The car he hired is visible in the video interview when a reporter caught him off guard as he returned from an outing. This was the one time he spoke semi-candidly, and it was very obvious he was holding back a lot of information, and possibly lying about everything else.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCXDpQEfZm8[/ame]​
It is believed, since this interview took place during the time Josh had the rental car, that the car Josh got out of is the rental car. And, in my opinion, the answer would be no.

Does anyone know why their furnishings are placed at such a low value? Because Josh didn't want his creditors to realize the true value of his possessions due to the fact they could have filed documents with the court requesting a court order forcing him to sell various items and give the proceeds to them.

Why is Susan Powell's name on the list of people Josh owed money to? (saw it on the last page of the documents). Or is that a list of the people who get a copy of the bankruptcy filing? The last page is a list of the people/businesses who were officially served with a notice that Josh Powell's Bankruptcy petition had been granted by the court. The reason there is no address for Susan Powell is because she didn't need to be mailed the documents as she was living with Josh Powell at the time.

I ask in that I wonder how much of their mortgage was a problem and related to the bankruptcy filing, is all. With a payment of approximately $1,200.00 per month, clearly the Powells had to manage their finances properly to come up with that amount every month on top of their van payment, auto insurance, groceries, fuel, utilities, etc.

On page 28, is their home listed twice due to a possible second mortgage? It appears this is the case.

Is page 24 blurry or is that my computer? Personal info that should not be released, is that why it is blurry? Like a social number and so on? Page 24 is not blurry on my document and there is nothing of importance on that page at all. Did you obtain the document from JoshPowellBankruptcy@gmail.com? If not, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the clear copy.

TY Pickie. :) Yes, I did obtain the document via the email addie posted.(the extras were funny, btw). But if theres nothing of importance on that page, I won't worry about it.

The SP & Terrica divorce hearing dockets (for lack of a better wording on my part) were interesting as well. I had wondered what the reasons were for the readjustment of child support? The reasons could be many, like change of income, a child reaching age 18 and not needing to provide child support for that child no longer, and so on.

OH - the big one on that. I noticed early on a request for a restraining order, but it did not specify if the restraining order was filed against Terrica or Steven. Its easy to assume it was him due to what we've learned about him. But in all fairness, we have heard nothing of or from her and really don't know her, so we don't know if it could have been filed against her.

Even in marriages where one spouse is the main problem, there are still two sides and the other parent is usually guilty as well, even if on a lesser scale (like if they instigate, manipulate or so on - possibly as a means of coping with a crappy situation or their marriage as a whole).

Your questions have been discussed in great detail about ten weeks ago, please go back and read all the previous threads to bring yourself up to date.

The car he hired is visible in the video interview when a reporter caught him off guard as he returned from an outing. This was the one time he spoke semi-candidly, and it was very obvious he was holding back a lot of information, and possibly lying about everything else.

Thanks. I appreciate your suggestion to go back and read all the threads. I have been reading as much as possible while still trying to contribute to the discussion. I realize it can be a little annoying when someone comes along who hasn't been on the thread since the beginning (I know this firsthand from the Lindsey Baum and Elizabeth Olten threads) - however, you just never know if discussing something for the 100th time might bring new light, new questions, or new theories to the discussion.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

I respect Terrica and her situation, and think it's quite reasonable that she would avoid the spotlight. This stuff about both people being guilty isn't always the case, but the dirt certainly rubs off on good people and tends to be hard to get completely rid of. I don't doubt for a second that a hard working woman who got sick of the abuse can get dragged through the courts over and over. The facts that I have to defend her decency are
1) She was instrumental in reporting Susan missing in the first place, and
2) The daughter that is closest to her and most influenced by her is cooperating fully in the investigation even when the POI is her own brother.

TY Pickie. :) Yes, I did obtain the document via the email addie posted.(the extras were funny, btw). But if theres nothing of importance on that page, I won't worry about it.

The SP & Terrica divorce hearing dockets (for lack of a better wording on my part) were interesting as well. I had wondered what the reasons were for the readjustment of child support? The reasons could be many, like change of income, a child reaching age 18 and not needing to provide child support for that child no longer, and so on.

OH - the big one on that. I noticed early on a request for a restraining order, but it did not specify if the restraining order was filed against Terrica or Steven. Its easy to assume it was him due to what we've learned about him. But in all fairness, we have heard nothing of or from her and really don't know her, so we don't know if it could have been filed against her.

Even in marriages where one spouse is the main problem, there are still two sides and the other parent is usually guilty as well, even if on a lesser scale (like if they instigate, manipulate or so on - possibly as a means of coping with a crappy situation or their marriage as a whole).

Because Steve C Powell was the respondant, Terrica Powell, Josh's mother, is the one who filed for a dissolution of the marriage.

Because all of the following documents were filed on the same day, Terrica Powell is the party who filed for the restraining order:

Superior Court Case Summary
Court: Spokane Superior
Case Number: 92-3-02909-8
Sub Docket Date Docket Code Docket Description Misc Info
1 10-27-1992 SMPTDS Summons & Pet For Dissolution
2 10-27-1992 FNST Financial Statement
3 10-27-1992 DCLR Declaration Re Parent Plan--5 Children
4 10-27-1992 PPP Proposed Parenting Plan
5 10-27-1992 AFPT Affidavit Of Petitioner Re Show Cause
6 10-27-1992 RSTOSC Restraining Ord & Ord To Show Cause

Get your copy of the Terrica Powell vs. Steve C. Powell divorce docket (a detailed list of every document filed, etc.) here: joshpowellbankruptcy@gmail.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back