VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why Dr. Kelley was fired but I do know it happened very shortly after I complained to the department chair about an unfair grade...because she just did not like me. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but it was within a couple weeks of my complaint.
As for the subjects...dr. kelley taught criminal justice, the sociological aspects of criminology and was interested in gender and crime.
I remember a conversation I had with her my last semester there. I was explaining that I could have to miss my MFAT if my son's chronic health condition acted up. She said that she understood because when your child was sick it was like you being sick yourself but worse.

I don't know why Dr. Kelley was fired but I do know it happened very shortly after I complained to the department chair about an unfair grade...because she just did not like me. I don't know if that had anything to do with it but it was within a couple weeks of my complaint.
As for the subjects...dr. kelley taught criminal justice, the sociological aspects of criminology and was interested in gender and crime.
I remember a conversation I had with her my last semester there. I was explaining that I could have to miss my MFAT if my son's chronic health condition acted up. She said that she understood because when your child was sick it was like you being sick yourself but worse.

Hi fellow Longwood Grad :) I did some graduate work there and loved and miss it. My best guess is that your complaint may have served as a tipping point -- it takes a LOT to take someone's tenure. A lot. And students complain about grades *all the time* -- some justifiably, of course, but many not so much.

More informaiton, this time about the cause of death, is trickling out:

Slaying Victims Died From Blows to the Head

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=8635809

Thanks for posting the link. I have not read it yet, but I did speak with someone today who is very close to the case, painfully so. There's a lot I just can't post because it would be so disrespectful. This is tricky for me because I am a huge true crime fan, but this is practically family. I can only say for now (and maybe that article says the same thing, don't know yet) that Debra and Emma will be cremated, and as for the good pastor -- even though he was the last to die, let's just say Sam did quite a job on him. The more we learn the more horror struck we become.

So shocking, and all from a kid who looks like he's still in middle school and apparently never hurt a fly before in his life. Of course, it's said he was picked on a lot in school. I have maintained for years that bullying can lead to violence and rage. My son followed a similar path for a while, though he never hurt anyone physically.

I will be attending Mark's funeral, along with quite a few members of my extended family. He was there for so many of us and in so many important ways.

Thanks for posting the link. I have not read it yet, but I did speak with someone today who is very close to the case, painfully so. There's a lot I just can't post because it would be so disrespectful. This is tricky for me because I am a huge true crime fan, but this is practically family. I can only say for now (and maybe that article says the same thing, don't know yet) that Debra and Emma will be cremated, and as for the good pastor -- even though he was the last to die, let's just say Sam did quite a job on him. The more we learn the more horror struck we become.

So shocking, and all from a kid who looks like he's still in middle school and apparently never hurt a fly before in his life. Of course, it's said he was picked on a lot in school. I have maintained for years that bullying can lead to violence and rage. My son followed a similar path for a while, though he never hurt anyone physically.

I will be attending Mark's funeral, along with quite a few members of my extended family. He was there for so many of us and in so many important ways.

Oh, Atlantica, that is so horrible! I am so sorry. :(

I am sorry for your loss, Atlantica. I hope the service brings you peace.

In case one of our Forensic Astrologists wants to do a reading, I found his date of birth. He has posted a copy of his drivers licence with his other information blured out, but his date of bith remains 12-26-88.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=358445616

You will find it in the folder "Old Pictures (2007/2008)"

By the way, some very interesting photos are posted there.

looks like a few girls had crushes on him or were pretty flirty anyway

looks like a few girls had crushes on him or were pretty flirty anyway

the more I look at this 'lifestyle' or at least the people involved in it who are older than 20, I more I realize how incredibly messed up this world is

I'm looking at girls being tethered by hooks into the air because it feels good?!

I'm looking at a grown woman with grandchildren calling herself a ridiculous nickname (Killa Satan) & refering to people as *advertiser censored* homies

this is a woman who I mistook for a teenage girl when I saw her comment on one of Sam's pics so I looked at her myspace to investigate their 'connection' further & there she blogs that he is 'like a son to her'

So I looked at her pics & she is indeed a grown woman with grown children.

I read some of her blogs. I read one where she reviews Razakel's music. Razakel is the same girl I refer to who enjoys being tethered. I believe she is also SickTanic's g/f, (who we know was speaking on behalf of his record co. but now refuses to talk to the media b/c of the bad publicity his music is getting). I'm so disgusted I want to hurl. The review itself (by an adult woman!) is just as disgusting as the lyrics.

Looks like some of these kids don't stand a chance when they've got grown adults acting like everything is hunky dory.

I would link all this but I don't know if it is allowed b/c of relevancy. I don't know if this is considered gossip. I don't know if this is proper to post this but I had to post something b/c I'm so repulsed I had to share with someone.

If someone can let me know if it's allowed/appropriate, I will link everything I just talked about. If not, delete please & thank you.

I have to agree with a lot of what you say. And it's funny because most people who know me would say that I have a very wide range of acceptance when it comes to human behavior.

But it's like there's license today to have absolutely no boundaries.

Did you see that one of the girls (Melanie, I think) went by the name "Free Abortions"? Can you imagine someone calling themselves that?

(respectfully snipped)

My condolences to you and your extended family, Atlantica. It sounds horrific. I'm so sorry that this happened to someone you care about. He sounds like a good man who will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.

My condolences to you and your extended family, Atlantica. It sounds horrific. I'm so sorry that this happened to someone you care about. He sounds like a good man who will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.

Thank you, and everyone else who posted condolences. The more I hear from family the more baffled I become. If Sam really was a passive kid, maybe wanting someone to look up to, Mark would have been perfect. I have no doubt he tried to reach out to Sam, and not in what some of us would call a creepy Christian way -- just as an elder to a youth. He was one of those people who just lived for helping and being there for others, but not in a pushy way.

Do I understand correctly that Sam's plane ticket home was for Saturday? I've kind of lost track of the timeline -- stories report he was questioned by police at the house on Thursday, this was probably before Mark arrived. Then, the next morning, was it, that he was pulled over by a policeman, and then wound up riding with a tow truck driver, who dropped him off at the Farmville Sheetz? I suppose what I'm getting at is, if Mark had not stopped by that afternoon, he would probably still be alive, because the police were going to come back the next morning when they got the second call to go check the premises. Makes me wonder if after their first visit, was Sam planning to leave that night or Friday morning anyway -- maybe he figured since the police had come by once, the jig was up, and he would not want to be there when they returned.

I also noticed that the home is spacious, with a possible attached annex. That might explain how he could have removed himself from the carnage and not be as affected by the smell --and why the police might not have smelled anything on the first visit.

From what I've read, he is "not cooperating" with LE. Does this mean he is refusing to talk at all, or just not providing the info they need.

From what I've read, he is "not cooperating" with LE. Does this mean he is refusing to talk at all, or just not providing the info they need.

He has been appointed a defense attorney with experience on capital cases. I have to assume his attorney has directed him to answer no questions. It's hard to tell how sophisticated McCroskey is about the entire process, but by all appearances he was not cooperating with the police in the first place. I would expect that the only way we will ever hear his perspective on what happens is if he agrees to plead guilty in exchange for life in prison rather than death.

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=230986&format=html

Wow! What Melanie's poor parents went through:

They drove to Farmville and tried to call Melanie about an hour before they arrived but she didn’t answer her cell phone, said Gardner, who said he thought the girl’s parents made the trip Wednesday, Sept. 16.

They drove to the house and waited for about seven hours before returning to Inwood and filing a missing person report, Gardner said.

A small inconsistancy that I am seeing.....does it bother anyone?

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=230986&format=html

Melanie’s parents were notified shortly after midnight Friday that their daughter’s body had been found, Gardner said.

I am guessing that shortly after midnight Friday means early am on 19 September? Look what also happened at exactly that time:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=99021159&blogId=510828718

A phone call was placed in the early morning hours of 9 - 19 - 2009 from Melanie Wells mother to Razakel, regarding the whereabouts of her daughter being that Neither Emma or her Parents could be reached at the time, she was due home and had not arrived and had becomed worried.

Maybe it was just by a matter of minutes?

But he also writes:

I was later informed by certain parties that the victims were indeed murdered and that sam was no where to be found, it was at this point i took it upon myself to contact the wells family and inform them sadly that i had been informed that their daughter had been murdered, the wells family had not been contacted at this point by any law enforcement,

According to the article the Wells family had been contacted by Law Enforcement by that time...hmmm

Hi Gene!
I think all the times in this case are confusing (including dates)! I appreciate all your hard work on this case as well!

I have to agree with a lot of what you say. And it's funny because most people who know me would say that I have a very wide range of acceptance when it comes to human behavior.

But it's like there's license today to have absolutely no boundaries.

Did you see that one of the girls (Melanie, I think) went by the name "Free Abortions"? Can you imagine someone calling themselves that?

many of the ones I've come across have names like that

it's ironic for me too that I thought I was pretty laidback about this kind of stuff

my nephew & one of his friends in particular have been sorta playing on the fringes of this kind of lifestyle for awhile - I had no idea how creepy it really is

there's no comfort really in knowledge is there?

A little more info on Melanie, who also went by the name "Free Abortions":

excerpt:
Wells and her family moved to West Virginia from Louisville, Ky., just before Wells was to enter high school. She dropped out but was studying for her high school equivalency diploma, says friend Marcella Kennedy.

"Melanie had so much character and imagination," she says. "She sported the kind of optimism that didn't leave a sickly sweet taste in your mouth, if that makes any sense."

But a darker Wells emerges from the pages of her MySpace page.

On the site, she lists her religion as LaVeyan Satanism, in which there is no deity but one's self. She posted violent poems in which she details torturing and killing boyfriends who have been unfaithful, and photos show her cavorting in cemeteries and lying atop gravestones.

Under interests, Wells listed, among other things, "cigarettes, alcohol, partying, sex, drugs, metal, SKR (Serial Killin Records), lust, restorative arts, blood and gore, open graves, dead people, animals."

http://www.kron.com/News/ArticleVie...ether Murder Suspect and Victims/Default.aspx

http://www.kron.com/News/ArticleVie...ether Murder Suspect and Victims/Default.aspx

more from the linked article:

McCroskey's sister, Sarah, says their dad, a rock guitarist, raised her and her brother on a steady diet of heavy metal bands like Insane Clown Posse, Metallica and Primus. A 5-foot-9, 200-pound kid who took bullying without fighting back, "Sammy" spent most of his time in his room, composing music on his computer, designing Web pages or playing video games such as Halo and World of Warcraft, his sister says.

McCroskey had been into horrorcore since 1999, but decided several months ago that he wanted to "contribute to the genre."

Thus, he wrote on MySpace, was born his horrorcore alter ego: Syko Sam.

(So he's been listening to this awful stuff since he was 10 years old!!) :(

The group were all heading to Southgate, Mich., for the Sept. 12 Strictly for the Wicked festival. Among the acts slated to play were Mental Ward, SCUM and Dismembered Fetus.

(I think I'm going to be sick.)

This past weekend, Farmville police described their first encounter with McCroskey. McCroskey answered the door at the home of Kelley and Emma on Thursday at 11:58 p.m. after a single officer went to check on Wells at the request of her mother, police said.

But yesterday, police said McCroskey called one hour later, Friday at 12:58 a.m., and said he heard something in the basement and wanted police to check it, said Wade Stimpson, the town's acting police chief.

Two officers arrived, and McCroskey let them into the house and the officers went down some stairs into the basement, which was covered with animal feces, Stimpson said. The officers then left without suspicion.

The bodies were not in the basement and were in a "totally separate part of the house," Stimpson said.

Less than four hours later, about 4:40 a.m., a Prince Edward sheriff's deputy ticketed McCroskey for driving without a license after he got a stolen car stuck in a ditch, authorities said. McCroskey is accused of stealing the car from Mark Niederbrock.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/FARM231_20090922-233601/294871/

So, WHY DID SAM CALL THE POLICE? Was it a thrill to have the police in the house with the bodies? Was he planning to kill them too?

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local_other/article/FARM23S1_20090922-223002/294842/

This is an interesting article, with input from James Hodgeson a fellow teacher at Longwood University. But it has some errors...for example they say that Emma and Sam planned to meet at the concert, when we know that Sam flew to Emma's house and drove to the concert together.

Also, here it says that Debra drove Emma and Melanie to the concert, and it is not clear if Mark went too. Others say is was Mark that drove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox