VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was premeditated to at least some extent. For example, even if Sam snapped and killed all three women ( I do not believe he snapped, not at all) there is still a presumable cooling off period where he should have realized what he had done and gotten out of dodge, instead of hanging around and laying in wait for the father.

I think Sam teetered between being petrified of getting caught and not giving a damn. His attitude probably changed by the minute. The details in the warrant lead me to believe that he DID try to clean up some of the blood at some point, though perhaps that was just in the rooms that the police could have viewed from the doorway or however the house is layed out.

I know there has been a definitive report that no sex abuse occurred, but I am still unconvinced that news is forthright. The warrant states that panties were collected as evidence, Sam was forced to submit two oral swabs, and a blue sundress was found under a chair in the den.

Sure, he probably just grabbed whatever he could find to sob up blood, (paper towels, towels, clothing, etc) but I still do not believe that there wasn't at least the slightest bit of a sexual element that presented its self during the course of the few days he spent alone with those bodies. Remember, Dennis Rader and David Berkowitz didn't rape their victims or commit acts of necrophilia, but they both admitted to masturbating at the scene(s) of their crimes.

You say you do not believe he "snapped', are maintaining that he calmly planned these murders? Then, why did he have, in your opinion, manic shifts from fear to being collected? If his attitude shifted by the minute, that's not indicative of a cold blooded, sociopathic killer. He certainly didn't plan this out very well either, based on the numerous anomalies which make this case so interesting.

Also, what evidence do you have of a sexual aspect to these murders besides that serial killers have? Sam is not a serial killer.

Oral swap were probably taken for DNA evidence. Panties and a sundress collected as evidence is a pretty tenuous basis for a sexual aspect.

piXy why dont you stick around and post here more often, this is the place to be for information on this case and we really enjoy having you around as it is nice to have someone who can immediately verify whether our theories are possible or way off base. I dont think any of us here are interested in dragging anyone in to this who is otherwise innocent so it is nice for you to come in and let us know when we may be spreading false information beceause I think that is the last thing any of us want to do.

You say you do not believe he "snapped', are maintaining that he calmly planned these murders? Then, why did he have, in your opinion, manic shifts from fear to being collected? If his attitude shifted by the minute, that's not indicative of a cold blooded, sociopathic killer. He certainly didn't plan this out very well either, based on the numerous anomalies which make this case so interesting.

Also, what evidence do you have of a sexual aspect to these murders besides that serial killers have? Sam is not a serial killer.

We have a member here who has suggested that Sam is indeed a serial killer but not a very good one. I am not sure I agree as I think the situation presented all the right ingredients for Sam to become a killer and that had these things not happened he likely could have went the rest of his life without ever killing.

However I am starting to question that myself with this new information that Sam was a big fan of Columbine, it may be the case that Sam was simply waiting for the right opportunity to make his mark and become famous like the Columbine shooters. I am not sure that means he is a serial killer but it certainly means he is a cold blooded killer and this may not have simply been about rage but a combination of rage, jealousy, disrespect, heartbreak and finally an opportunity to show everyone what he is really about is what allowed it to happen.

We have a member here who has suggested that Sam is indeed a serial killer but not a very good one. I am not sure I agree as I think the situation presented all the right ingredients for Sam to become a killer and that had these things not happened he likely could have went the rest of his life without ever killing.

However I am starting to question that myself with this new information that Sam was a big fan of Columbine, it may be the case that Sam was simply waiting for the right opportunity to make his mark and become famous like the Columbine shooters. I am not sure that means he is a serial killer but it certainly means he is a cold blooded killer and this may not have simply been about rage but a combination of rage, jealousy, disrespect, heartbreak and finally an opportunity to show everyone what he is really about is what allowed it to happen.

Sam is not a serial killer by definition.

From Wikipedia: "A serial killer is a person who murders three or more people over a period of more than 30 days, with a "cooling off" period between each murder, and whose motivation for killing is largely based on psychological gratification."

thecode.jpg

This **** right here is just silly, I guess if one is lost, confused and has very little self esteem these things may be appealing but it is very difficult for me to understand the attraction to such idiocy. To each their own I suppose, I personally much prefer peace, love, forgiveness, compassion and all that jazz to the alternative and I am not a christian at all and in fact am an atheist myself who practices Buddhism which is largely an atheistic philosophy/religion that much like satanism is about empowering the self but that is where the similarties end for the most part.

From Wikipedia: "A serial killer is a person who murders three or more people over a period of more than 30 days, with a "cooling off" period between each murder, and whose motivation for killing is largely based on psychological gratification."

Unless of course he has previously killed other people and just didn't get caught.

This **** right here is just silly, I guess if one is lost, confused and has very little self esteem these things may be appealing but it is very difficult for me to understand the attraction to such idiocy. To each their own I suppose, I personally much prefer peace, love, forgiveness, compassion and all that jazz to the alternative and I am not a christian at all and in fact am an atheist myself who practices Buddhism which is largely an atheistic philosophy/religion that much like satanism is about empowering the self but that is where the similarties end for the most part.

But Pax, the self is merely a convincing illusion...

If Sam were to walk away from these murders and not be suspected at all of being the perp and went back home to cali do you think he would kill again? I am beginning to think he MIGHT but I am not sure. If we think he would because he enjoyed it so much than we could consider that he was a serial killer in the making. But generally serial killers take drastic measures to avoid detection for as long as possible which Sam obviously did not do.

If Sam were to walk away from these murders and not be suspected at all of being the perp and went back home to cali do you think he would kill again? I am beginning to think he MIGHT but I am not sure. If we think he would because he enjoyed it so much than we could consider that he was a serial killer in the making. But generally serial killers take drastic measures to avoid detection for as long as possible which Sam obviously did not do.

Serial killer wanna be. And he's not alone.

They even have their own board: http://www.skcentral.com/forum/

Why spend his last dollars on the cab ride to the airport?

If he'd stayed in town he probably could have taken at least one or two random people out before getting caught.

I'm still wondering what mom and dad might have been in for if their little boy had made it back home. There was going to be a show down of some sort if Sam had been told not to come back and did. He may have been looking forward to that.

Oral swap were probably taken for DNA evidence. Panties and a sundress collected as evidence is a pretty tenuous basis for a sexual aspect.

You don't have to be a stone cold sociopath to do something like this... We all are capable of having momentary lapses or mental breaks. The difference with Sam and the average person who has had a really dark/violent thought is that Sam for whatever reason acted on it. This isn't an indictment that he is incapable of feeling fear, remorse, guilt, sympathy, or empathy. If this was the case with him, he would have never been all ga-ga over this girl in the first place.

Nothing in psychology is absolute. It's all shades of grey.

I am not hanging my hat on this case having a sexual element to it, I am simply stating that in MY opinion there is one. In all of my years of research, it fits the profile. Killers who spend time with the corpses and killers who revisit dumping grounds do so for a reason. No, he's not a serial killer, but he could have left that house after 3 murders. He instead stayed in the same house with 3 rotting corpses and waited to take a 4th life.

The tricky part of this whole investigation is why did he call the cops? Was he going to attempt to set up an intruder defense or did he have something more sinister in mind? This is a kid who rapped about taking out police in one of his songs.

Do any of you think that at the time Sam decided to kill them that he considered even for a moment that he would be spending the rest of his life in prison or do you think he thought he would get away with it or did he simply not even consider the consequences at all?

BTW I am hoping to actually head to Farmville when the trial starts and use my press credentials to get a good seat inside the courtroom during the proceedings so hopefully I will be blogging it live right here in this thread but I cant make any promises because the wifey is due with our child sometime after Christmas and I may be needed here but if she has given birth by the time it starts she has said she will allow me the time away so that I can be there to see it and write about it. If anyone is intersted in being there and has some experience with camera work let me know, I have a good video camera but I wont have my camera man along for the trip and could use an assistant to record and document the trial and commentary.

Can anyone who lives in Farmville let me know the best hotel to stay at in the area so that I can begin to look in to the need for reservations or not, I do expect a lot of these horrorcore freaks to flock in for the trial and dont want to be stuck in a cheap motel for a few weeks.

Wow that would be really cool if you could get in there! When I was in Farmville, you're best bet was to stay w/ the chain motels (Days Inn, Comfort Inn etc) they were always the cleanest. The local motels were known for homeless crackheads living there.

You don't have to be a stone cold sociopath to do something like this... We all are capable of having momentary lapses or mental breaks. The difference with Sam and the average person who has had a really dark/violent thought is that Sam for whatever reason acted on it. This isn't an indictment that he is incapable of feeling fear, remorse, guilt, sympathy, or empathy. If these were the case, he would have never been all ga-ga over this girl in the first place.

Nothing in psychology is absolute. It's all shades of grey.

I am not hanging my hat on this case having a sexual element to it, I am simply stating that in MY opinion there is one. In all of my years of research, it fits the profile. Killers who spend time with the corpses and killers who revisit dumping grounds do so for a reason. No, he's not a serial killer, but he could have left that house after 3 murders. He instead stayed in the same house with 3 rotting corpses and waited to take a 4th life.

The tricky part of this whole investigation is why did he call the cops? Was he going to attempt to set up an intruder defense or did he have something more sinister in mind? This is a kid who rapped about taking out police in one of his songs.

Good points. I can't wait until we can get some of these questions answered.

Good points. I can't wait until we can get some of these questions answered.

Yes thats what I am waiting for, I have been working to pitch this as a major feature story to various publications but I really dont see the point in making a move on that until after the trial and all the real juicy stuff comes out and we have a real ending to this insanity. At this point any story on this is just another news article with no real substance.

I think someone should try and track down an e mail address for Sam's defense attorney and make them aware of this thread, I think there is a whole lot of information that would be helpful to them. I really dont have any interest in helping the prosecutiuon since they already have unlimited resources at their disposal and go in to every case with that big advantage. While I certainly think Sam needs to be punished severly for what he did I am very much against the death penality and would do anything I possibly could to help the defense avoid that.

BTW has anyone been following the Anthony Sowell case, now THERE is a real serial killer, he could be considered a bit of a scholar in the area. And strangely he is one of the VERY FEW who actually work out of their own nest, in fact I think there are only 2 serial killers with a profile of working out of their own home and one of them was Dahmer and perhaps the other was Gacy, its a very rare type of serial killer that takes a very special psychological twist and a tremedous amount of brazeness.

I think the code of deciples is pretty interesting and worthy of discussion.

What does it mean to embody violence instead of peace?

What does it mean to rise when called upon?

Isn't this exactly what Sam did?

"The true deciple lives with vengeance not forgiveness"

Wow that would be really cool if you could get in there! When I was in Farmville, you're best bet was to stay w/ the chain motels (Days Inn, Comfort Inn etc) they were always the cleanest. The local motels were known for homeless crackheads living there.

Look forward to some good eating while you're there Pax, I remember hearing somewhere they've got a Huddle House.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif

Blew that one! How do you get the little puking smiley to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value