VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't very bright, so he may not have known he could change his flight, so he had to stick around.

IIRC, he did try to change the ticket, but had already withdrawn 'all' of his money using a debit card, to pay the unexpected taxi ride, after wrecking Mark's car.

Bivens says between voice mail messages left on Wells' mom's phone by McCroskey and not hearing from her daughter sparked enough concern for Wells' mom to call police and Emma's father, Pastor Mark Niederbrock.
www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11203275

Wish Pastor. Niederbrock would of took someone with him or phone the police..so he could of been saved maybe. :(

Wow, i missed that note where McCroskey made voice mail messages himself on the Wells' mother's phone.... would this be a point as to help or hurt an insanity plea?

Wow, i missed that note where McCroskey made voice mail messages himself on the Wells' mother's phone.... would this be a point as to help or hurt an insanity plea?

Hummm, I missed that, too! Anyone recall details, such as what he said? :waitasec:

I found something that may offer some useful insight into art that uses death imagery. I discovered a PBS/BBC series from 2006 called "How Art Made the World." I can't find the video online, but episode 5 is called "To Death and Back," and is looks at historical uses of death as a theme for art.

It looks like the series dumbs things down in that special PBS way, but it may be worthwhile to watch if it is findable. The website has some interesting internal links to artistic images of death and ritual sacrifice and a discussion of their origins. There are also links to external resources for further study.
http://www.pbs.org/howartmadetheworld/episodes/death/

Well lookie here, I just found a video link. It's from Russia, so who knows if it's legal or safe, but this is it. I'm watching in another window right now.

Annoying pretentious British dude warning---
http://art.docuwat.ch/videos/how-ar...rld-05-to-death-and-back/?channel_id=0&skip=0

Hummm, I missed that, too! Anyone recall details, such as what he said? :waitasec:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/FARM30_20090929-222402/296385/P20/

I'm sure this article was posted before but it gives us a pretty good timeline on the Well's angle of the story.No voice mail messages are mentioned however.
...so according to the article:
SEPT 15th 01:23AM Mrs.Wells talks to her daughter for the last time
SEPT 16th Mr.Wells waits in front of the Niederbrock house for 7 hours after driving 200 miles and returns back home.
SEPT 17th Mrs.Wells calls police to do welfarecheck/they check
right before midnight/Sam states the girls are at
movies.
SEPT 18th 01:00AM Sam calls police because "he hears noises"
SEPT 18th 03:30AM Sam tells Mrs.Wells that Mel was in a car that broke
down(maybe on voicemail?)
SEPT 18th 04:20AM Sam gets Mr.Niederbrock's Honda stuck in ditch
SEPT 18th Mrs.Wells calls police to check on Mel again
SEPT 18th 05:40PM Mrs.Wells reports daughter missing
(that's after the bodies were found)

We don't know what he said in these messages or if this is really true, but it seems that leaving false messages again indicates an understanding that he has done something wrong and needs to cover it up. If he didn't understand the nature of his acts, he wouldn't bother calling back or lying it seems to me.

IIRC, he did try to change the ticket, but had already withdrawn 'all' of his money using a debit card, to pay the unexpected taxi ride, after wrecking Mark's car.

I don't recall seeing any report that confirmed McCroskey was out of money or had withdrawn all his money. I think this is just conjecture.

Sacrificed Animals, Blood Found in Philadelphia-Area Home

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/ne...in-philadelphia-area-home-fc-20091231_5351166

A pair of “totally emaciated” and “near death” dogs were found alive in the home Wednesday, Bengal said.

“The whole basement was just covered in feces. It was just unsanitary, no food, no water," he said, according to the Daily News.

There is a thread here related to this event...looks like Palo Mayombe or some similar set of beliefs based on the veve's on the roof and removed from the scene as well as some of the figures/shrines depicted in the TV reports.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEROINE (where has she been?)
Welcome back Tapu

.....and FREE PAXIMUS !!!!

Thank you so much!!! Happy new year to you too! Happy new year guys!
Sorry I've been absent. Busy with all the holidays and stuff. The strange thing is I don't remember much of what I did.:crazy::waitasec:

:D

We don't know what he said in these messages or if this is really true, but it seems that leaving false messages again indicates an understanding that he has done something wrong and needs to cover it up. If he didn't understand the nature of his acts, he wouldn't bother calling back or lying it seems to me.

Or, maybe, you know, he thought "they" weren't dead.

ETA: just showing both sides of the coin here. Trying to infer whether the accused was insane or not from actions taken in a vacuum is pretty useless. Everything here seems to be able to be looked at as either a guilty thing or as something a crazy person would do.

Sacrificed Animals, Blood Found in Philadelphia-Area Home

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/ne...in-philadelphia-area-home-fc-20091231_5351166

A pair of “totally emaciated” and “near death” dogs were found alive in the home Wednesday, Bengal said.

“The whole basement was just covered in feces. It was just unsanitary, no food, no water," he said, according to the Daily News.

....McCroskey called one hour later, Friday at 12:58 a.m., and said he heard something in the basement and wanted police to check it, said Wade Stimpson, the town's acting police chief.

Two officers arrived, and McCroskey let them into the house and the officers went down some stairs into the basement, which was covered with animal feces, Stimpson said. The officers then left without suspicion.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/FARM231_20090922-233601/294871/P20/

curious as to the feces in the basement,,, and blou's comment of what was found in philadelphia. do you think there is a connection? do you think it has something to do with sam? do you think it could be some sort of ritual sam could have tried and spooked himself?

....McCroskey called one hour later, Friday at 12:58 a.m., and said he heard something in the basement and wanted police to check it, said Wade Stimpson, the town's acting police chief.

Two officers arrived, and McCroskey let them into the house and the officers went down some stairs into the basement, which was covered with animal feces, Stimpson said. The officers then left without suspicion.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/state_regional/article/FARM231_20090922-233601/294871/P20/

curious as to the feces in the basement,,, and blou's comment of what was found in philadelphia. do you think there is a connection? do you think it has something to do with sam? do you think it could be some sort of ritual sam could have tried and spooked himself?
nope that's just what happens when you leave animals locked up in a basement....

...but seriously it's NOT illegal to make religious sacrifices????????? ...how bout that for a defense stragety...after all "jesus made him do it"

I don't recall seeing any report that confirmed McCroskey was out of money or had withdrawn all his money. I think this is just conjecture.

Right before arriving at Richmond International, Gibson stopped at a local ATM machine so McCroskey could pay the $130 cab fare
http://tinyurl.com/ykg3xpp

McCroskey is seen at the airport. He has a plane ticket to fly to California two days later and tries to get an earlier flight, but he doesn't have enough money to cover the $150 rebooking fee.
http://tinyurl.com/y8t6gvl

Remember, he was (presumably) stealing Mark's car, and according to at least one police report, they felt he was leaving town in the car, when he ran off the road on Poorhouse Road. So, he had to end up paying a taxi to the airport instead, about a one hour ride.

Best I can do to back up my tiny little memory!

I don't think there's a connection at all other than what Claudicci already mentioned, that when you lock animals in the basement that's what happens; and well, I wouldn't be too surprised if the people in that house listened to awful music of some sort.

I don't think there's a connection at all other than what Claudicci already mentioned, that when you lock animals in the basement that's what happens; and well, I wouldn't be too surprised if the people in that house listened to awful music of some sort.

I don't remember what animals they had, but I think they had dogs. If so, what kind of dogs were they? Were they normally locked in the basement? If they were normally allowed to roam the house and Sam locked them down there, why? Was he afraid of them, or had they developed an interest in the bodies?

If they had large dogs maybe Sam locked them up before the murders. He may have been afraid that the dogs would try to protect the girls, or make noise to wake up the other(s). If he did, would that show premeditation?

I don't remember what animals they had, but I think they had dogs. If so, what kind of dogs were they? Were they normally locked in the basement? If they were normally allowed to roam the house and Sam locked them down there, why? Was he afraid of them, or had they developed an interest in the bodies?

If they had large dogs maybe Sam locked them up before the murders. He may have been afraid that the dogs would try to protect the girls, or make noise to wake up the other(s). If he did, would that show premeditation?
They had two dogs and two cats. A girl friend of Em's took the dogs and the PEC animal warden had the cats. The cats were traumatized according to the web site of the animal warren. They wanted to place them in two different homes. I do not know if they were able to do that or if they put them to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname