VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, raped & murdered, Portsmouth, 10 April 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked to be a bright and beautiful girl. It saddens me to see how innocent she appeared in her photo and horrifies me to know this is how she died.

RIP Meghan Landowski. :(

If there is any truth to her having been molested by a man, this would certainly be the first person LE should look at for this. If his alibi holds, then his associates would be next. This sounds like it was personal and not random.

It also sounds like she had a reason to not want to be alone or go home. If she had been molested, it would be normal for her to be afraid. However, if someone had been taunting or stalking her...why would she still go home? It seems she would have found some other place to go until her parents got home...the library, a local hangout, or anywhere she wasn't going to be alone.

Just because LE took someone into custody then released him doesn't mean he is not the one. It could mean they don't have enough to hold him at this time.

Yes, that could be the case Seriously Searching. I have a friend that works with the city LE and she told me not to believe everything that the reporters said (which I should know already).

LE was at the school this morning talking to some of the students. I don't think they think anyone there is involved. They were just trying to get more information.

From the beginning the rumor has been that it was the man that assaulted her before. I have no idea. I just know that a beautiful little girl is gone and she left us in a horrible way.

My daughter is seventeen and I just can't stop thinking about Meghan's poor mother and little brother. The pain must be unimaginable.

If Meghan was assaulted previously, it would have to be an incredibly evil, and stupid, man to murder her in such a high profile manner. But then again; this site, and Huff's site teaches me over, and over, and over, how stupid criminals really are. In this case, I need more evidence. I can't help but think about Jodi Sanderholm's case where she was stalked by a stranger who targeted her. I also can't help but think about the case of Tiffany Marie Souers, a Clemson University student who was murdered in her off-campus apartment by Jerry Buck Inman, a RSO who picked her at random, and whom she had never met before.

Meghan's murder has her town shook up and on alert.
Parts of Portsmouth are high crime, just like any other city. And other parts of the city are simply charming. There is a huge 'come back to old Portsmouth' campaign going on. I've been to several art shows and restaurant events there recently. One of best friends, who lives alone, lives less than a mile from where Megan lived.

Locals are not happy about this creep being released either.
Prayers to Meghan's family.

Steve Huff,
A huge thank you for following Meghan's case on your blog.

Local news:
http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_local_041108_ptown_16yo_homicide.54530a23.html

Teen not her bubbly self before murder :eek:

Friends say slain teen seemed "shaky" hours before death
icon_video.gif

[SIZE=-1]11:19 PM EDT on Friday, April 11, 2008[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]By Lindsey Roberts, 13News[/SIZE]

PORTSMOUTH -- As police look for answers into who killed a 16-year-old in her home Thursday, her friends remember a girl who they say made everybody smile.
Around 4:00 p.m. Thursday, Meghan Landowski's step-father came home to find her body in their home on Roberts Court W. Her friends at Woodrow Wilson High School are working to cope with the loss, but also say the teen was not her bubbly self hours before her death.
"She was just shaky and asking people to go home with her or to go home with them," said :confused: friend Kristin Clary.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/04/sweet-girl-mourned-police-mum-leads
When she heard that her friend Meghan had been killed, Shanieque Jones immediately called her phone.
“I thought, 'It couldn’t be Meghan,’ ” Jones said.
Since then, Jones has called repeatedly.
“This is all that I have left,” she said. “I call it like every 10 minutes to hear her voice again.”
Jones was among more than 250 people who gathered outside Meghan Landowski’s house in Portsmouth’s Simonsdale neighborhood Friday night to remember her.

I can't help to think that this poor girl knew or felt something bad was going to happen. Why was she so desperate to stay at someone's home or have someone go home with her?

I clicked on the link to her myspace page and saw this sweet happy girl and felt sick to my stomach. She reminds me so much of my niece Jeralee.
So young, beautiful and full of life...all that ripped away in minutes and for what?

I hope that there is a big break in the case soon and that they catch the monster that has done this.

FlowerGirl

How was she killed? It says murder, does that mean gun, knife, strangulation? :( :( :(

"She was just shaky and asking people to go home with her or to go home with them," said :confused: friend Kristin Clary.

Then why didn't someone help her or, at least take her to school officials to find out what was up.

:waitasec:

This is so sad, if her friends noticed something was wrong, why on earth didn't they help her, let her go with them? Just so she wasn't alone. Now they have to deal with the guilt of that. I wonder what Meghan knew exactly, how long has it been since that rapist had got out? Was he locked up and got out recently, sending her on edge? Did he try to make contact with her? I would think she would report it, as he was arrested for raping her before. Somehow, Meghan knew something was going to happen.

Police won't say how she was killed. banging head here.

Maybe one of the locals know. From the sounds of a few quotes philamena, I think some may know, and if not, they have prob heard rumors. I too, would like to know if anyone wishes to chime in? I am going to check over on Steve's board and get back to y'all. Anyone interested in sharing what they know? :)

ETA: Nothing new over at Steve's that hasn't been posted here or linked. Nice job, as usual Steve!

I hate to go here, and I mean absolutely no disrespect, but until I hear more, I am not automatically convinced of the step-fathers innocence. It does sound like police don't suspect him, however, I have been on these boards too long, and feel I have to leave that open until we know more.

I just keep thinking about all the cases where the step-father or mom's b/f was "the first person" to find a child dead, or discover them missing and then turns out to be the killer, or abductor etc.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that is not the case here.

Prayers for Meghan and those who loved her.

Stillhoping, I hate to admit it, but that is the first thought I got and still have a gut instinct about it. The fact that she had a step isnt what bothers me, its that he found her. Unfortunately, we often hear horror stories like this. I hope that we are wrong.
Also, anyone know why the military is involved? From the sounds of things, they must have had a particular subjuect in mind. Is this who she was afraid of? Someone had her scared to go home alone. Poor baby. I dont want to think of the terror she must have felt if she was nervous already during the day.
May she rest in peace and no one can hurt her anymore. :angel:

This is where I'm confused. If the man that was picked up by NCIS is the one that molested her before I don't think he'd still be in the Navy. If he hadn't been convicted yet I guess he still could be.

I've heard two versions. One, that the man got out of prison that day and two, that she was going to testify against someone soon that molested her near the end of last year.

Another thing though. If someone molested her the end of last year then they probably wouldn't have gone to trial and incarcerated already would they? So, I don't think that version is true.

I went to the SO website and put in the zip code. It's horrible how many live around here.

From the reports of how she died I don't think it's random either.

I felt bad too thinking originally that it was her step-father. I haven't heard what type of relationship she had with him.

That's definitely NOT one of the rumors going around.

My step children live with their mother in this area.

Please keep them close until they know whats going on. It doesnt sound like a random crime, but you never know. :confused: Did your step's know this young girl? She was adorable. She looks so happy in her pic. Too bad someone hurt her not only once, but.....we all know the answer to that. What a shame!

Everyone in our area has heard how Meghan died but there has to be a reason that LE isn't putting that information out there. If it's because it will cause any problems with the investigation then I don't want to be the one that puts it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?