Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rader attempted to dispel concerns that the missing 20-year-old was under the influence of any substances but did confirm that Harrington merely intended to go to the bathroom when she found herself outside the Arena and, consequently, barred from reentry by Arena policy."

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/21/morgans-mystery-what-happened-outside-arena/#

The only way I could think anyone would end up outside after going to the bathroom would be if the lines were super long and she figured she could just "use the bushes" so to speak. However, seems unlikely that she would have done this...I feel like using the bathroom outside is more akin to a house party/frat party scene than a concert facility with bathrooms-no matter how long the line is!

Another thing to note is that security would have certainly alerted her that there was a no re entry policy as she went outside, especially if Metallica was supposed to go on minutes after she left for the 'bathroom' at 8:30

If they drove up there in Morgan's car, and she had her purse with her when she disappeared...

How'd they have her keys to drive her car home?

Has that been explained yet? Even if I was on a road trip with buddies and we shared driving duties, I'd still take get the keys back to my car once we got where we were going.

It hasn't been explained (there are actually a lot of questions/mysteries surrounding the friends, the car, etc) because police have remained consistent in saying that Morgans car is not connected to this crime, nor does it have any sort of significance in her disappearance.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/21/morgans-mystery-what-happened-outside-arena/#

Steve Burger, who watched the press conference online, is why he emailed police and suggested they interview roadies and members of the two “death metal” opening bands, Richmond-based Lamb of God and France-based Gojira.

Burger, a freelance journalist who has interviewed convicted killer Jens Soering, observes that Harrington reportedly kept her Metallica tickets on her refrigerator for six months and debuted her concert outfit for her mother.

“This was the event of the year for her,” says Burger. “It’s not very likely that she wouldn’t try to get back in.”

Burger contends that while the Arena’s front door personnel present a steep obstacle by blocking reentry, getting past roadies and security at a service entrance might be easier for “a beautiful girl like that in a black mini-skirt.”

REALLY GOOD POINT...let's hope they have done some background checks and what not already.

Morgan sure is a gorgeous young woman, and every picture I've seen of her she has a light and twinkle in her eye. This girl is obviously full of life.

I truly hope she is found safe.
I assume her cellphone records have been looked at for that night, and anyone she contacted has been interviewed, but has anyone seen this stated anywhere? I'm having a hard time keeping up right now as I'm following multiple recent cases and situations.

Morgan sure is a gorgeous young woman, and every picture I've seen of her she has a light and twinkle in her eye. This girl is obviously full of life.

I truly hope she is found safe.
I assume her cellphone records have been looked at for that night, and anyone she contacted has been interviewed, but has anyone seen this stated anywhere? I'm having a hard time keeping up right now as I'm following multiple recent cases and situations.

LE stated in a presser a few days ago (I want to say on Tuesday, but I don't remember for sure) that they were looking at her phone records, but no other information was released about it.

I still haven't found any media links or any police statements regarding the jacket. That's a good question.

As far as the purse, I agree. The fact it was thrown down in a parking lot, in what police called "in clear view" (or something along those lines..meaning it wasn't hidden) makes me think even more this was, unfortunately, an abduction.

If the jacket thing is true, then maybe perhaps she was leaving evidence behind on purpose? I know I would if I was held against my will and was able to leave a trail that's exactly what I would have done.
Edited to add that if this were her b/f who took her and he did indeed hit her, then could it be possible that she is hiding out because she's ashamed to show her mom her bruises? Just a thought. In abusive relationships things don't always happen as you would think they would, usually if you're in an abusive relationship and you stay you let things get out of hand before you leave them.

"Morgan’s father is no stranger to Charlottesville, having served on the UVA medical center faculty and sent his other child, a young man recently graduated, to UVA."

Has family ever lived in Cville? Makes more sense if Morgan said "Oh I'll find a way home" if they had childhood friends, family friends etc. in the area that she could have called for a quick ride, a place to stay for the night....

Perhaps visited brother frequently while in college (Morgan sees parents very often--even while 'away' at school) so Morgan felt she "knew" her way around the area. Morgan and brother are only 2 years apart...I could see her and friends visiting him a lot on campus at end of high school/beginning of college, drinking and going out with 'older crowd'. Maybe she had friends still at school at UVa or locals she had befriended through frequent trips?

if this were her b/f who took her and he did indeed hit her, then could it be possible that she is hiding out because she's ashamed to show her mom her bruises? Just a thought.

I could definitely see this as plausible...however, if she's just hiding out on her own accord--its been 7 days now and unless she is hiding out in woods/somewhere without TV and/or internet, she would have seen at least soem media buzz on her. At the very least I feel like she would have contacted from somewhere (called from a gas station, used someone elses phone, sent an email or text) someone in her family, her brother, a friend whoever just to say she was okay/stop looking for her.

Has Morgan's brother -- who is 22 and a recent UVa graduate -- appeared on any TV or other news programs with their (his and Morgan's) parents? Does he still live at home? If not, where does he live? What kind of job does he have?

Just wondering since siblings often appear with the parents in cases like this.
MOO.

Haven't seen anything on Morgan's brother at all. There was a family picture of them on one of the Roanoke local newspaper articles online but I haven't heard anything from him or about him from any sources.

Haven't seen anything on Morgan's brother at all. There was a family picture of them on one of the Roanoke local newspaper articles online but I haven't heard anything from him or about him from any sources.

Thanks! I find it sort of surprising, and thought that maybe I had missed his appearing on the news.

If they drove up there in Morgan's car, and she had her purse with her when she disappeared...

How'd they have her keys to drive her car home?

Has that been explained yet? Even if I was on a road trip with buddies and we shared driving duties, I'd still take get the keys back to my car once we got where we were going.

It has been speculated that Morgan may have been under the influence of something. I would expect that she handed her keys off to someone who was going to be the DD.

Or if these friends were exactly like being described - like sisters - then maybe one of those friends had a key to her car in case her keys became lost.

Has family ever lived in Cville?

In an article (link on page 1) that I posted. It stated the family moved to Roanoke in 1990 - so Morgan personally wouldn't have probably known someone well enough to contact them

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...ngtons_father_thinks_she_was_kidnapped/57026/
She was familiar with Charlottesville. Her father, a psychiatrist, worked in the city until 1990, when the University of Virginia transferred him to Roanoke to start the psychiatry unit at the Carilion Clinic, he said.

Has anyone of Morgan's friends spoken out and given their own account from that night? There's alot of info here, but other then the vigil is there a news account at all? And why did the friends take her car home, this doesn't ring true for me at all. Its all too convenient and where is the survelliance of Morgan supposedly arguing with this man?

In an article (link on page 1) that I posted. It stated the family moved to Roanoke in 1990 - so Morgan personally wouldn't have probably known someone well enough to contact them

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...ngtons_father_thinks_she_was_kidnapped/57026/
She was familiar with Charlottesville. Her father, a psychiatrist, worked in the city until 1990, when the University of Virginia transferred him to Roanoke to start the psychiatry unit at the Carilion Clinic, he said.

Maybe Morgan's family kept close friends in the area? You know, people they would stay over with on a long weekend (ie: Parents Weekend) visiting brother? Maybe those friends could have had young children that Morgan 'grew up' with? You know, like a brother or sister type figure?

It's an interesting side note, since Morgan's own father has said in interview (on HLN I believe) that Morgan had NO FRIENDS IN AREA and was UNFAMILIAR with Cville. Even if they moved when she was younger, I am SURE she would have at least been around the campus multiple times visiting brother (Parents Weekend, just visiting him for weekend, graduation etc.) My own bro went to Georgetown and I've only been there a handful of times, but I definitely could find my way around campus, know which direction to walk towards bars, river etc.

One thing that seems to rule out a casual acquaintance who lives in Charlottesville is that the drive from Charlottesville to the closest place she would need to be taken back to, JMU, is an hour. That would make a 2 hour round trip. Of course the person could have been planning to go to JMU, Blacksburg or Roanoke anyway but it's something to think about. That's why I think it was a person from one of those places who was at the concert or a boyfriend, who would be more likely to drive her a long way.

One thing that seems to rule out a casual acquaintance who lives in Charlottesville is that the drive from Charlottesville to the closest place she would need to be taken back to, JMU, is an hour. That would make a 2 hour round trip. Of course the person could have been planning to go to JMU, Blacksburg or Roanoke anyway but it's something to think about. That's why I think it was a person from one of those places who was at the concert or a boyfriend, who would be more likely to drive her a long way.

Agreed...Remember she was supposed to/had planned be home earlyish to study/do school related work with father. So her options would have been riding home with girls she came with when they left after concert ended, would stay in Cville with/at a friends house and get a ride the next morning or get a ride with someone else after concert ended.

Now for me to drive someone an hour away at either 2 am or early on a Sat. morning, there would have to be some compelling reason to make me offer to drive a 2 hr roundtrip at the minimum. Seems like that is something one would do that for a pretty close friend or a sig other, but doesn't seem likely that a random person she met at the concert would have gone THAT far out of their way...unless there was another incentive involved (hookup forthcoming, maybe tickets to next show, promise of free drugs after she'd been dropped off etc.)

$100,000 reward and new website encourages search for Morgan Harrington
October 23, 2009
<snipped>
"It took us a matter of hours to raise all the money we needed to offer a sizeable reward," says Carilion Chief Medical Officer Dr. Mark Werner.

$100,000 in all, for information to help find Morgan Harrington after her father's colleagues at Carilion and people in the community pitched in.

Werner says, "It came from a number of people all over the area and it spread very naturally and easily."

"And waiting is hard, but there are many eyes and ears around the concert, people might not know that they know something," says Gil.

Video: Reward money and new website in hopes to find Morgan Harrington (10/23)
1:57

http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...ult&clipId=4239267&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=

Video: Hundreds Gather At Vigil To Remember Morgan Harrington 1:59
http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...ult&clipId=4237005&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=

UVA Student Remembers Seeing Harington Before Metallica Concert 1:57
http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Categor...ult&clipId=4235867&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=

Article:
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11374750

:angel:

I'm in Charlottesville now taking pics and looking around. Anywhere you guys want me to go?

Possible Witness Comes Forward
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 3:47 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 23, 2009 5:02 PM EDT
<snipped>
A grandmother from the Richmond area says she was in the parking lot of John Paul Jones Arena the night Morgan disappeared. What she saw could be a clue to unraveling the mystery of what happened.

She called police Monday night after she saw Harrington&#8217;s picture on the news. She says the fight unfolded behind her car parked outside the John Paul Jones Arena the night Metallica took the stage. At about 9:30, the same time police say Morgan Harrington had still been on the arena grounds, the woman pulled into a parking space to pick up her son and grandson from the show. That's when she says a loud noise startled her.

"I heard them being very loud and it sounded like maybe like she got smacked or something. The two people were in like a hand lock she had her hands on his arm and he had his hands on her arm pushing back and forth."

Video: New Clues In Harrington Case 2:47
http://www.nbc29.com/global/Categor...ult&clipId=4239182&flvUri=&thirdpartymrssurl=

Article:
http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=11374052

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads