Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that what I was thinking, too. We actually searched close to that area yesterday and even in the daylight with a group of people it was kinda sketchy. I just can't see her going to catch a train. Idk - it just seems like a weird option. Have the bus schedules been checked? The Greyhound station is right there by Wild Wings, too. All of this seems odd to me though...

I believe if she made it to any of the stores, bus station, gas station etc that are located across the bridge, there would not only be surveillance video from somewhere in that area, but definitely a few witnesses as well. MH is a tall stunning blond dressed in all black concert gear, she would have caught everyone's attention.

Yea that what I was thinking, too. We actually searched close to that area yesterday and even in the daylight with a group of people it was kinda sketchy. I just can't see her going to catch a train. Idk - it just seems like a weird option. Have the bus schedules been checked? The Greyhound station is right there by Wild Wings, too. All of this seems odd to me though...

From what I can tell, there was a Greyhound from C'ville to Roanoke (parents' home) scheduled at 10:00 p.m. on Saturday night, to arrive at 12:25 a.m. There doesn't appear to be service to Harrisonburg (where JMU is/friends would be reconvening?) or Blacksburg (Virginia Tech).

Can't rustle up a ride, decides to take the bus back to parents? Ivy/Copeley intersection to bus station is 1.72 miles, still a straight shot.

It's possible that (taking a bus back) is what she had in mind. I'm not concerned about the distance to the bus station, because this is a young healthy girl who probably covers miles a day running back and forth to class on her college campus. One or two miles would be nothing for her.

From what I can tell, there was a Greyhound from C'ville to Roanoke (parents' home) scheduled at 10:00 p.m. on Saturday night, to arrive at 12:25 a.m. There doesn't appear to be service to Harrisonburg (where JMU is/friends would be reconvening?) or Blacksburg (Virginia Tech).

Can't rustle up a ride, decides to take the bus back to parents? Ivy/Copeley intersection to bus station is 1.72 miles, still a straight shot.

Just to follow up, she may have gotten a ride to the train station (or bus station) from a supposed (or actual) good Samaritan and gotten out at the train station to check the schedule (the trip there not captured on surveillance video or by eyewitnesses), and was then taken from that spot (maybe even by someone else, unrelated to good Sam), or between there and the short (now) walk to the bus station (but then there would be a trace a dog could pick up?)

Doesn't explain purse at Lannigan Field, though, unless ill-doer dropped it there as a decoy, or it was in some other way relocated there after the fact, or (most likely, imho) if that's where she caught the ride and inadvertently or intentionally dropped her purse, or lost it in a struggle (for which there is no reported evidence).

how much would a ticket have been to Roanoke?

if she could have walked to Emmet & Ivy, she could hop the University transit system (bus) to Main St.

schedules here: http://www.charlottesville.org/index.aspx?page=662

I was looking at Route 7.

Good point. Purportedly, you have to show UVa I.D. to ride University transit, but I don't know how reliably this is enforced (especially for someone who clearly looks like a college undergrad). There's also a free trolley that runs in C'ville, but I don't know if it stops around Emmet and Ivy.

Ticket for tonight at 10:00 p.m., C'ville to Roanoke would be $39.50.

Good point. Purportedly, you have to show UVa I.D. to ride University transit, but I don't know how reliably this is enforced (especially for someone who clearly looks like a college undergrad). There's also a free trolley that runs in C'ville, but I don't know if it stops around Emmet and Ivy.

cheaper than another ticket into the concert I suspect.

I think she was heading to the stores and thought she could cut through the woods via the JV field, but when she realized she couldn't due to the trains etc, she went onto the bridge to get to the stores. Something happened there around the bridge because if she made it to the stores there would definitely be witnesses imo.

Thanks for this thought. What stores do you think she was heading toward and which field are you referring to as the JV field? I was curious about this and would be grateful if you could elaborate some on what you were saying.

The map at http://www.virginia.edu/webmap/FUHallAndAthletic.html doesn't label a JV field.

From Lannigan Field it would be natural to cross Copeley Bridge if heading to a bank or the 7-11, or getting to a more populated place/intersection to catch a cab or start walking to UVa central grounds or C'ville town (left at the intersection).

Going southwest through the woods from Lannigan (crossing the railroad tracks) would put one behind a Chinese restaurant, a gourmet-ish local grocery store, or the shopping center adjoining it. The next shopping center west (i.e., further out of town) does have a sushi place that has music sometimes, so maybe she got a recommendation in her brief interaction at Lannigan of the closest restaurant to hang out. But other than the woods and railroad tracks, there's no field I can see there that could constitute the JV field you reference, and personally I don't see the appeal in those stores for MH (maybe the grocery store or restaurant, if she was resigned to chilling out and waiting for her friends until after).

Lots of stores are back north at Barracks Road, and there are definitely fields between Lannigan and there, but that's the opposite direction of what she was spotted doing.

My son attended camp at UVA and says they just hopped on the bus - no ID required.

Can dogs be confused by MH's smell on somebody else?

Also, is there any history of LE using vulture patterns to guide searches?

My apolgies but I can't get quote to work on my phone. We were at the RV lot and there is NO WAY to get from there to the back of the Chinese restaurant. The woods are very dense and overgrown and there were not any paths. At night I'm sure you would not be able to navigate at all.

i still think there is something hinky with friend scenario. rings even more untrue when the girl that looks like morgan reports she spoke on the phone with morgan's group after the concert. apparently, she does not know morgan herself, but their groups were supposed to get together after the concert. morgan's friend on the phone said that they "had someone missing"...even if this is a general statement, it is way weird. i cannot picture saying something like that or any of my college age kids saying that either. even if they wanted to find morgan, but were not worried, they would ask her if her group had seen morgan. maybe she would even ask if she had any ideas of where she might be. if morgan's group was not worried, they would not have used any kind of language conveying they thought she was "missing". and the sarah sneed friend who seems so detached has a sister (or other relative in her fb friend list) who is a 4th year student at uva!!! this also supports oddness of dad's comment that morgan did not know anyone at uva to call, get a ride with, or just chill with. when i went to college in virginia, there were always overlapping groups of mutual friends at parties and concerts from all of the diff colleges like uva, va tech, jmu, old dominion, randolph macon, mary washington, and a bunch of other small private colleges. it seemed i had "crash places" at all of them.

the whole scenario feels like the twilight zone, valley of the dolls, or the stepford wives (substitute with college friends with flat affect)

on FB I saw 2 sarah snead's, one lists Northside high '07, JMU '11 - the other lists VT

Yeah, I posted this yesterday too-I find it super odd that they use the words "missing somebody" too, as in one of our party is "missing". It may just have been DS's choice of words-maybe the girls just said they got separated from MH and would wait around to see if she was still coming.

Surely they would have tried to call her while they were waiting at the car to double check if she really did get her ride. Again, as we've stated hundreds of times on all these boards, I'm surprised they were never alarmed that her phone was switched off, and after not being able to reach her between 8:48 and midday next day or having had any message from MH confirming she had got her ride, you'd really think they would have raised the alarm.

DS also says "they went home", not "we went home" so she could have stayed around to party with her boyfriend and his friends, and along with any of the other similarly dressed blondes at the concert could have been the girl sighted much later at night.

Looking on the second FB page at the new photos of "the nine" with SS and AM in all of the pics with MH over a long time frame, obviously strongly bonded- it just makes no sense to me - And to repeat myself and everyone on here again- something is fishy

This story get stranger and stranger. I got bad vibes from watching Sarah Snead speak.
It felt like oh well...
Perhaps they fought over a guy? Who was the guy they picked up?
Jealousy can be a powerful force combined with booze and drugs.
Female friends never abandon their own friend at a concert.

i still think there is something hinky with friend scenario. rings even more untrue when the girl that looks like morgan reports she spoke on the phone with morgan's group after the concert. apparently, she does not know morgan herself, but their groups were supposed to get together after the concert. morgan's friend on the phone said that they "had someone missing"...even if this is a general statement, it is way weird. i cannot picture saying something like that or any of my college age kids saying that either. even if they wanted to find morgan, but were not worried, they would ask her if her group had seen morgan. maybe she would even ask if she had any ideas of where she might be. if morgan's group was not worried, they would not have used any kind of language conveying they thought she was "missing". and the sarah sneed friend who seems so detached has a sister (or other relative in her fb friend list) who is a 4th year student at uva!!! this also supports oddness of dad's comment that morgan did not know anyone at uva to call, get a ride with, or just chill with. when i went to college in virginia, there were always overlapping groups of mutual friends at parties and concerts from all of the diff colleges like uva, va tech, jmu, old dominion, randolph macon, mary washington, and a bunch of other small private colleges. it seemed i had "crash places" at all of them.

the whole scenario feels like the twilight zone, valley of the dolls, or the stepford wives (substitute with college friends with flat affect)

by saying to this other friend "We have a friend missing" it almost sounds like they are setting up the story or something.

Obviously, if they felt she was "Missing" they should have notified police or at least her parents immediately. If they were as unconcerned as they make it sound, they would not have even mentioned a friend being "Missing". Why bring it up at all to these other people? Were they supposed to meet up and go party on campus and they used MH as an excuse not to?

anyone know if any Forensics were done on Morgans car?

Did anyone read on Morgan's FB group what was supposed to be found yesterday? A lady with the initials of NDB basically posted telling people not to post what was found yesterday and then she goes & repeats it herself!

I agree with you that the friend's actions and attitudes are strange. Something doesn't ring true here. When I was young (a looooong time ago) and out with my friends, yes one of us might go off to the loo or somewhere else on our own, but the rest of us would always watch for her to come back and if she wasn't back in a reasonable amount of time we would go looking for her, no matter how drunk we were or how much fun we were having. I can remember on more than a couple of occasions harrassing the security guards or info desk until they helped us look and put out messages over the loud speaker. As for leaving your friend, and apparently a good friend at that, out in the cold and dark on her own, in a strange place, to make her own (long) way home, well, I find it very strange.

And they didn't even query where she was the next day, Hmmmm, very strange behaviour.

I'm sorry for repeating what has already been said before, but I just don't understand it. I hope the investigators are looking closely into her friends story.

Praying for Morgan to come home safely .........

Did anyone read on Morgan's FB group what was supposed to be found yesterday? A lady with the initials of NDB basically posted telling people not to post what was found yesterday and then she goes & repeats it herself! Go take a look. The items were found behind the Bellair market. It isn't that far away if you map if from the last spot she was seen.

Ooooooops, silly woman. This is very worrying if it's true though.

This story get stranger and stranger. I got bad vibes from watching Sarah Snead speak.
It felt like oh well...
Perhaps they fought over a guy? Who was the guy they picked up?
Jealousy can be a powerful force combined with booze and drugs.
Female friends never abandon their own friend at a concert.

(Bolded liners by me) Strange is right x_files. And I've got bad vibes too.
I just couldn't imagine leaving one of my best friends behind at a concert of thousands, without knowing 100% positively for sure, she was safe and sound before I even thought of leaving that stadium. I just don't understand unless they were all so stoned out of their minds they totally forgot about her...?? But they drove home so.... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg