VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can hear this or see this or have a link to it?
[video=twitter;692766062144790529]https://twitter.com/ABC13News/status/692766062144790529[/video]

Presser should be starting anytime now. I'm trying to live stream from wdbj but it keeps hanging. Will transcribe for you guys If it starts working.

Annie Andersen ‏@Annie_Andersen 8m8 minutes ago
Albert says residents will see an increased police presence in town while they search for Nichole Lovell @ABC13News

Annie Andersen ‏@Annie_Andersen 7m7 minutes ago
Lt. Albert calls missing children one of the worst things that the community to deal with. http://fb.me/7TvE8jexf

Annie Andersen ‏@Annie_Andersen 7m7 minutes ago
.@BlacksburgPD has called in help from neighboring agencies, the @FBI and cadets at @virginia_tech @ABC13News

I never could tap into WDBJ's live stream; not sure if the problem was on their end or mine (definitely possible because i have an ancient iPad). Thanks in advance to anyone who saw it and can help out!!

I never could tap into WDBJ's live stream; not sure if the problem was on their end or mine (definitely possible because i have an ancient iPad). Thanks in advance to anyone who saw it and can help out!!

I tried it both on my phone and on my PC and it just buffers and times out. It's a mess. :(

I just have this really creepy feeling it won't be long before "with an older man she met online" will be part of this story. I REALLY hope I'm wrong here, and that she's okay, wherever she is.

I just have this really creepy feeling it won't be long before "with an older man she met online" will be part of this story. I REALLY hope I'm wrong here, and that she's okay, wherever she is.

Did you see that teen "flirting and dating" site posted in the link by RosieLee upthread? I think it's a foregone conclusion she's gotten into trouble with men online.

This doesn't look good at all. I hope she's okay.

Yes, i read the fb site that was posted....scarey indeed. I'm not feeling so left out having my teens in the 70's and my wifi was a hifi. No texting with strangers.

Scarey stuff.......please be safe young lady.

Even if her phone was off wouldn't it still "ping"..........?.?
Somehow through retrieving her texts and with who they may locate her...

I know there are a million more out there like the teen and dating site on fb and it may not have connection to her missing, but I hope all she has talked to on there is checked out, I'm afraid they are 90% fake accounts!! This is scary for any parent who has a child old enough to work a computer or smartphone. Kids are so tech smart I'm sure some of those profiles could actually be a kid using fake names and pics to talk online with others with no intention on ever meeting or revealing who they are just doing it for fun but there are experts that are pedos and know exactly how to get their info and how many people have vanished and none of their family or friends even knew Joe Blow was really thier child or adult loved one? We can't expect facebook to do anything to stop it.. We have been reporting a site that a rescue ask everyone to report for dog fighting and selling pits all of it and they don't even try hard to hide it there are videos and pictures and 4000 plus members going strong they use the phrases like working dogs but most of them are not smart enough to even do that. Of course all of those I know reported including me got a message back a couple days later saying nothing was found to violate fb rules.

Fact is, predators of children flock to wherever children are. These days, it's online - SM platforms & texting apps. Kids may be tech smart but they're definitely not life-smart and they take the bait ALL the time, sadly. Predators know it and count on it.

I did read the dating thing she was interacting on and it's impossible to tell who anyone really is there. This little girl just needs to be found RIGHT NOW and get the medical attention she needs. Then be grounded from the internet until she's, oh, I dunno, 30?

It's s hard to keep kids away from the Internet as punishment. When I took my son's iPhone away, he was able to use an old device. I found it, and then he somehow acquired an older device from a friend. We had to get a newer router, that was passcode protected, to at least keep him off while at home. My parents just used to disconnect and hide the house phone when we were punished.

She left home on her own accord, pushing a dresser in front of her bedroom door and then climbing out a window. Family members were going to give Lovell her medicine the next morning and realized her bedroom door was blocked.

___

Fred Hawks Jr. called his niece an “typical teenager” who didn’t seem to have any reason for leaving home. He said she had gone to the mall with her friends the day she went missing and didn’t have any fights with family members.

Fred Hawks, her grandfather, said she takes two pills each morning and one at night. He said her doctors at the University of Virginia said she may be able to go a little longer without medication because she’s been taking her pills regularly and her most recent blood work showed everything was OK. But after three days without medication, “it could go either way.” By day five, she would most likely be experiencing liver failure.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/local/b...cle_cc150051-1606-539e-aecf-c4bf646f1893.html

These teens think they know it all! It is sad to see such a young girl be swept into this pack of lying no-good males!

The extremely sad situation is what her mother and family have gone thru since her birth due to the liver problem. In one of the links above, it stated she was 10 months old when she received the liver transplant. To go thru such major surgery, praying for her body to accept the liver, watching her closely as she grew for any signs of rejection, giving her the daily medicine, and then she pulls such a trick to run away!

Grrr, besides being scared to death as to where she is in the freezing weather, the family has to be overwhelmed by the consequences of her missing her medicine. I hope she is found tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member