GUILTY VA - Shelly Gravely, 34, Stuart, 14 Nov 2014

She sounds like a very nice person. I hope by some way she can return home safe. I was wondering if her ex-husband or the father of the children (I don't know if they are his) is involved in the lives of the children, and if she has contact with him. How old are her children? In the article, it mentions a black car parked near her home with the trunk lid open. Is that her car? Or the car of someone searching or investigating? If it's hers, I was wondering why the trunk lid would be open. I feel bad for her children, family, and friends. It must be heartbreaking to not know where she is and if she is OK or not.

She sounds like a very nice person. I hope by some way she can return home safe. I was wondering if her ex-husband or the father of the children (I don't know if they are his) is involved in the lives of the children, and if she has contact with him. How old are her children? In the article, it mentions a black car parked near her home with the trunk lid open. Is that her car? Or the car of someone searching or investigating? If it's hers, I was wondering why the trunk lid would be open. I feel bad for her children, family, and friends. It must be heartbreaking to not know where she is and if she is OK or not.

From what I've gathered from her FB page, her kids are about 6yo and 10yo, and she's single. There's no mention of the kids' dad.

I had to go out and run some errands this evening, I went a different way than normal, just looking on the sides of the roads. I've been seeing the helicopters out searching. I'm praying she is found safe and praying for her family and friends. I didn't know Shelly personally but I live in the same community and it's just heart wrenching!!!

I had to go out and run some errands this evening, I went a different way than normal, just looking on the sides of the roads. I've been seeing the helicopters out searching. I'm praying she is found safe and praying for her family and friends. I didn't know Shelly personally but I live in the same community and it's just heart wrenching!!!

Thanks for helping happy2b. I am also in VA but too far away to be of any help. :(

@Elizabella I just wish I could do more, I feel for the family, I know if it was one of my daughters I'd be out of my mind.

Looks like a whole lot of wooded area close to where she lives and with all the fallen leaves it would be very easy to walk right past her. Praying she is safe and ok somewhere. It's been really cold this week and if she's outside somewhere injured, well, I just don't want to think about it.

Looks like a whole lot of wooded area close to where she lives and with all the fallen leaves it would be very easy to walk right past her. Praying she is safe and ok somewhere. It's been really cold this week and if she's outside somewhere injured, well, I just don't want to think about it.

Yes lots of wooded areas around there,I think they need a more in depth search(not only sides of the road). Yes it has been extremely cold this week, I've been trying not to think about that either.I'm trying to think positively!

I looked through all of the articles to see if they gave an exact address for her home but I didn't see one. I was hoping to see the exact location better but then when I had the little google man down on the road to look at the area, it says the street view is from 2008 so that wouldn't do a whole lot of good if she wasn't living there in 2008.

I looked through all of the articles to see if they gave an exact address for her home but I didn't see one. I was hoping to see the exact location better but then when I had the little google man down on the road to look at the area, it says the street view is from 2008 so that wouldn't do a whole lot of good if she wasn't living there in 2008.

Yeah I'm not even sure what the address is either,they haven't given it out. I just know the general area.

The way they are wording this, it's as if LE knows something. Doesn't look like a good outcome.

I agree. I'm glad LE is on top of this but just the number of LE searchers and the areas covered makes me think that they do have an idea that the outcome won't be good. I also think telling the public there's risk means it's most likely DV. Of course this is JMO.

I hope this turns out better than another VA case I was following. A northern VA man just disappeared from his home, all of his belongings left behind. They found his body in a local park. No word on the cause of death yet, but since he left everything behind, something tells me it was suicide.....

She sounds like such a wonderful lady. I really hope there's some weird explanation and she's okay.

Me too.

On a side note, how do we mark this thread as being an active search?

I hope this turns out better than another VA case I was following. A northern VA man just disappeared from his home, all of his belongings left behind. They found his body in a local park. No word on the cause of death yet, but since he left everything behind, something tells me it was suicide.....

Which case is this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back