GUILTY VA - Shelly Gravely, 34, Stuart, 14 Nov 2014

Me too.

On a side note, how do we mark this thread as being an active search?

I just put in a request,but all you have to do it hit the alert triangle on the bottom left of any post and ask the mod.(see dumb arrow on post) Only use this method for important stuff as the mods are really busy people who I have no clue how they do it. Magic or voodoo I am sure of it.

l
v

JMO after looking at Shelly's facebook page ... no way she left her kids voluntarily. She was a Mama Bear and so proud of them.

The way Sheriff Smith is talking, it sounds like they know something, but don't want to compromise the investigation : (

Update: Patrick County Sheriff's Office
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patrick-County-Sheriffs-Office/534970616565832?hc_location=timeline

Law enforcement officers in two states searched again throughout the day on Thursday for missing person Shelly Gravely. Sheriff Dan Smith said that approximately 30 officers from multiple agencies continued to search roadsides and remote areas. The search and recovery team from the Virginia State Police searched the Mayo River along its course through eastern Patrick County. In addition, a state police helicopter flew areas in both Patrick and Henry Counties along with portions of North Carolina along its northern border with the two counties. The Stokes County and Rockingham County Sheriff’s Offices in North Carolina assisted by conducting roadside searches in their jurisdictions. In all, Smith said that more than 300 miles of roadsides have been searched on foot by law enforcement personnel. The sheriff stated “We have been concentrating on all road sides and areas where a passenger vehicle could travel, including navigable logging roads with special attention being paid to ravines and gullies.” The sheriff also indicated that many citizens have indicated that they want to help in the search for Gravely. “We welcome any help, we just don’t want anyone to become lost or injured in the process and create another incident,” said Smith, adding that his offices’ resources are stretched to the brink and that they are pouring all of their efforts into finding Shelly. “ I would ask that citizens be overly observant along roadsides and on remote parts of their property where a car could travel, I would appeal for deer hunters to do the same in their hunting areas.” Smith said that the investigation into the disappearance is progressing and that he is getting closer to being able to release more information to the public. Smith said that it is all too common for law enforcement officials to prematurely release details that ultimately hinder the investigation, “I do not want to make that mistake,” he said, “lots of preparation has been put into this investigation to ensure a just outcome, and we aren’t going to jeopardize that.” The sheriff stated that he has been amazed by the outpouring of support shown to Shelly’s family and to law enforcement from the community, adding that citizen involvement is critical.

Daniel M. Smith, Sheriff
Patrick County Sheriff’s Office
742 Commerce Street
Stuart, VA 24171
276-694-3161

I can't remember - are they using K9s? Also, was the car with the trunk open determined to be hers?

1-a_Shelly_Gravely.jpg

http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/article.cfm?ID=44330

Though we needed a picture of Shelly, hoping for a good outcome.

I was at the hospital with my friend this morning bored as that how hoospitals are...

Anyway I iphoneed her name (google really) Anyway this you tube vidoe come up with the street name she went missing on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOMuad8XPrw

South mayo drive...does that sound correct?

I'm not sure I'm allowed to on here, I thought you had to have facts/links to back up what you say?

Oh perhaps. I know if you are stating an opinion it's allowed as long as you say it's an opinion. But I don't know the rules behind rumors.

I'm not local, is VA on central time? Is anyone keeping an eye on the Twitter pages of local news reporters?

VA is EST it is 926 pm .

I dont have a twitter. I am however watching facebook and HSTNG's page is fast on reporting news ,and VA's especially .

Shelly has been found deceased, near the county line. Anthony 'Skeet' Joyce has been arrested in connection with her death.

Police Press release:

The body of missing person Shelly Vessel Gravely, the 34 year old mother of two, has been found, according to Patrick County Sheriff Dan Smith. Henry and Patrick County deputies found Gravely’s remains near George Taylor Road in Henry County just north of the state line at approximately 12:34 AM Saturday morning. A Patrick Springs man has been arrested in connection with her disappearance. Anthony Octavius “Skeet” Joyce, 35, was arrested Friday night slightly before midnight in Greensboro and is being held in the Guilford County, N.C. Jail as a fugitive from justice. Warrants for abduction and robbery have been obtained by Patrick authorities. Smith stated that a murder charge is forthcoming. Gravely was last seen alive on Friday night, November 14th.

Joyce and Gravely had been involved in a relationship for approximately five years. Multiple agencies have been working closely to find Gravely since she was discovered missing from her home on South Mayo Drive last Saturday night. More than 400 miles of road sides have been checked in four counties throughout the week, with the search concentrating in eastern Patrick County. Investigators spent most of the evening on Friday interviewing Joyce in Greensboro. Warrants were obtained as a result of that interview. “We will be working with North Carolina authorities to extradite Joyce back to Virginia as soon as possible,” the sheriff said.

The following agencies assisted the sheriff’s office in the investigation and search: Virginia State Police, Henry County Sheriff’s Office, Patrick County Commonwealth’s Attorney Stephanie Vipperman, United States Marshal Service, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM), Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Martinsville Police Department, Martinsville City Sheriff’s Office, Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, Virginia Department of Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), New River Criminal Justice Training Academy, Rockingham County (N.C) Sheriff’s Office, Stokes County (N.C.) Sheriff’s Office, North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) and the Greensboro Police Department.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/bre...ains-of-missing-patrick-county-woman/29877226

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back