Not open for further replies.
TWEETS:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 8m8 minutes ago

We are waiting on the juror schedule #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

Jurors will deliberate normal court hours and not Fridays. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 43s43 seconds ago

Jurors will deliberate around 9ish to 4:30. No FRIDAY #jodiarias #3tvarias

----:) Oops, I was wrong on previous thread so please ignore my post on Friday deliberations!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 55s 55 seconds ago

please tell me this means they wont still be a jury by friday

Wrong day to drop your last contact lens and then find it torn on the bottom of your shoe.

...PS: Does anyone understand why Jodi's family never spoke and pleaded to save Jodi's life? That seems Mega wierd to me.

They didn't want to be subject to cross-examination by the Prosecution. If they had testified, they'd have faced harsh questioning from JM. :moo:

M
TWEETS:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 8m8 minutes ago

We are waiting on the juror schedule #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 1m1 minute ago

Jurors will deliberate normal court hours and not Fridays. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 43s43 seconds ago

----:) Oops, I was wrong on previous thread so please ignore my post on Friday deliberations!

I will say verdict late Thursday afternoon. They all want this done by the weekend

Maybe the jury is going to make the DT wait and wait and wait and wait and drag this out as the DT did the jury day after day, week after week and month after month.

Nurmi made some huge blunders today with his last closing. Lying about trashing Travis was a big no no as well as the part about DR lying about Travis. He should have never reminded the jury that the DT has seriously misled them.
The good news is that today marks the very last day Jodi will have a huge public stage to trash her victim. She will have to relive those moments only in her memory. That part is done forever.
I imagine a good portion of today will be the jury just letting off steam about this case. They might get down to business later today. But I'm sure they all have a lot to get off their chest. I feel for the alternates they won't get to do that.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 58s58 seconds ago

Dang. You would think they would want this thing over with!
Maybe they'll have a verdict on Thursday then....wishin and hopein

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
We will have 1 hour notice before verdict is read. #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago
When the jury has a question judge Stephens will answer in writing. We will not know. # secrettrial #jodiarias

I cannot imagine these jurors who have been held hostage for five months agreeing to have a long weekend before deliberating again. Do they already anticipate a verdict well before Friday? :please:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 55s 55 seconds ago

please tell me this means they wont still be a jury by friday

BBM: JMO but I think they will have a verdict by tomorrow at the latest :please:

They do NOT want to have a 3-day weekend, have to come back Monday.

They have been at it since October 21, 2014 ... were supposed to be finished by December 18, 2014 ... and NOW, it is February 25, 2015 !

They'll get this done by tomorrow ...

Of course, this is JMO !

:seeya:

If the jurors come back quickly with a Death Sentence, it sure will make the Jodi-defense-team look like a pack of fools IMHO (fools who laughed all the way to the bank.... $$)

I would love for her to get the DP but I would be satisfied with LWOP. I just want closure for the Alexanders. As long as there's no chance for parole, I'll live.

Meanwhile, in another state...

Kelly Gissendaner, Only Woman on Georgia's Death Row, Denied Clemency Before Execution

The only woman on Georgia's death row lost her bid for clemency hours before her scheduled Wednesday evening execution. Kelly Gissendaner, 47, was sentenced to death for the 1997 murder of her husband even though it was her lover — who got life in prison — who did the stabbing. Barring a last-minute reprieve from an appeals court, she will become the first woman executed in the state in 70 years.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-death-row-denied-clemency-execution-n312541

I wonder how the news of this woman's execution will affect the mood amongst the DT if it goes ahead this evening? And she was only 28 or 29 years old when this murder took place. Not to mention she didn't actually kill the victim.

And from that link...

Georgia Vet With PTSD Is First Person to Be Executed in 2015

A decorated Vietnam veteran who killed a sheriff's deputy in 1998 was the first person to be executed in the U.S. in 2015 after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear his argument that the post-traumatic stress he suffered from combat should make him exempt from capital punishment.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-vet-ptsd-first-person-be-executed-2015-n284946

So much for her fake PTSD as a mitigator. The US Supreme Court struck down that guys argument and he was a war veteran. A person with real PTSD.

MOO

This isn't a statement for or against the DP, but I don't know that I like the setup this situation provides. LWOP - especially if at least partially solitaried - is not an easy sentence, especially for one who craves attention. I understand and acknowledge the family's full right to pursue Death, but it's not an easy thing to convince 12 individuals to agree upon, and it offers Arias two potential toys to play with - if it's Life or a hung jury that leads to Life, it's seen as a 'victory' for her; if they do vote Death she gets to play with appeals and try dragging it out some more.

I'd sooner she just go away. Forever.

This is probably going to sound strange, but I wish that this jury would hang rather than vote for life. I would rather think that they couldn't come to an agreement than think that they, all 12, were swayed by the miserable tactics of the DT. If not the DP then I wish for a hung jury. :sigh:

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members