**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
JTF... thank you for posting the maps!!! It really does help to see that a normal person going to grab a quick cup of Java would not take the hardest, longest route to get there. This, IMO, is the most compelling evidence that the accident was probably a bit more than just an accident.

Does anyone have a link to the jury profile? Someone gave it to me before, but I can't find it! TIA!

Is it just me that has a variety of size shoes in my closet? I have anywhere from 6 1/2 to up to a 9, yes a 9 (cheapo sandals I bought in Hilton Head)! My feet are actually two different sizes (7 & 7 1/2), only by 1/2 size but it makes buying shoes so much fun!!! In my experience the more expensive the shoe, the truer to size it runs. Cheaper shoes run bigger, kinda like expensive designer clothes running smaller just to make me feel bad. My Nike's are 7's, Reeboks are 8's and my Skeechers are an 8 1/2! And they all fit perfectly. The husband has huge, ugly feet and he also has different sizes... his Cole-Hahn's are 12s, yet Allen-Edmonds are 12 1/2s; but his New Balances are 11s... go figure. It is possible for the same feet to fit into different sized shoes, IMO & IME.

So does DH. His tennis shoes are one size, dress shoes range from 10 to 11 1/2 depending on style, casual shoes if they are softer leather also range in size depending on manufacturer.

I dont think it would be easy.

He wore two sizes larger. Even if he did that he would still have a part of his heel hanging off the backside, imo.

For someone committing a murder this might be the very least of their problems or worries at that moment.

I wear any size between a 6-8.5(women's) depending on type of shoe, brand, etc. We can speculate that JY bought the Franklin shoes with cash to avoid being associated with them, but then I would think that if he was that careful with those shoes, that he also would have been careful to avoid wearing shoes that he could be connected to - the hush puppies.

That item presented in evidence as a humidor would have gotten huge guffaws from my family members that smoke cigars and have humidors.

I've purchased a few in my day as Christmas gifts and I'd never classify that tube as a humidor. More like a carrying case for a cigar that will protect it for a very short period of time from becoming stale or damaged.

A humidor provides long term protections from drying out and becoming stale.

That tube presented at trial would not have done that for more than a few days, IMO.

I agree. Lets hope someone on the jury is a cigar smoker.

I agree. Lets hope someone on the jury is a cigar smoker.

JY could have smoked a cigar and gone back into his hotel room...or he could have smoked a cigar and also murdered his wife. The cigar doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

I wear any size between a 6-8.5(women's) depending on type of shoe, brand, etc. We can speculate that JY bought the Franklin shoes with cash to avoid being associated with them, but then I would think that if he was that careful with those shoes, that he also would have been careful to avoid wearing shoes that he could be connected to - the hush puppies.

JY never intended for his hush puppies to be caught at the scene. He was smart, but he erred. Hopefully, that error leads to his conviction. A planned murder is almost never perfect (although, the killer thinks it is) - always seems to be a slip-up somewhere that leads to the killer and in this case, it was JY's hush puppies.

JY could have smoked a cigar and gone back into his hotel room...or he could have smoked a cigar and also murdered his wife. The cigar doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

If you look at that photo of him walking down the hall at about midnight for his supposed cigar break, you know that it is not a newspaper that he is carrying in his hand - it is a book-type thing, most likely the atlas the PT said it was. Why would he say he had a newspaper when he actually had the atlas?? Obviously, he was trying to explain what that was in his hand after he saw the evidence of the photo.

If the jury also believes it is the atlas and not the newspaper in his hand, then JY should be in trouble.

Does anyone have a link to the jury profile? Someone gave it to me before, but I can't find it! TIA!

8 women (7 white, 1 black)
4 men (2 white, 2 black)

The foreperson is a white female, appears early 30's

For someone committing a murder this might be the very least of their problems or worries at that moment.

If JY wore shoes two sizes smaller than his own feet then I would think he thought it was a big deal and he sure wouldnt want his own heel hanging off the back if he was trying to make shoe impressions in blood to throw off police. If his feet were fully inside the shoes then he would have abrasions on his heel too, imo. The photos of his feet just shows pressure points he has had for a long time due to his bone structure being higher in places than other areas. My husband has the same reddish marks on his feet due to the bones rising higher in some areas than others and his shoes rubs up against those places.

Our son wears a 12 and there is no way he can get his foot inside of a 10 size shoe.

I dont know what the 10 size shoes means but I dont think they were worn by JY. If he wore them trying to throw police off then why take them off and put on his own shoes?

Whatever the outcome is to this case the 10 size shoes will remain a mystery for there was absolutely no evidence entered suggesting that JY acted in concert with someone else.

IMO

Interesting that the killer in that case also wore shoes that were not his size in order to throw off investigators. Seems that wearing shoes that are not your size at a crime scene is not all that uncommon.

Did they find his own shoe print at the scene too?

tia

If i'm a juror, the cigar is huge.
Common sense and reason tells me he lied.

JY never intended for his hush puppies to be caught at the scene. He was smart, but he erred. Hopefully, that error leads to his conviction. A planned murder is almost never perfect (although, the killer thinks it is) - always seems to be a slip-up somewhere that leads to the killer and in this case, it was JY's hush puppies.

From what I am reading some believe he is NG because of a lack of physical evidence. Yet, the physical evidence they do have is explained away as he wouldn't have slipped up and left his own shoe print. :confused: IMO

I wear a 7 consistently but I have bought 7.5 flip flops before to wear around the house.

IMO

From what I am reading some believe he is NG because of a lack of physical evidence. Yet, the physical evidence they do have is explained away as he wouldn't have slipped up and left his own shoe print. IMO

I do think he is guilty but I also feel there are somethings that just do not add up based on the theory of the State and the evidence entered.

I hope the jury can work around some of those things that dont add up and come to a just verdict but I do think some of these unexplained things did make the first jury hang.

I hope it doesnt happen in this trial.

IMO

If JY wore shoes two size smaller than his own feet then I would think he thought it was a big deal and he sure wouldnt want his own heel hanging off the back if he was trying to make shoe impressions in blood to throw off police. If his feet were fully inside the shoes then he would have abrasions on his heel too, imo. The photos of his feet just shows pressure points he has had for a long time due to his bone structure being higher in places than other areas. My husband has the same reddish marks on his feet due to the bones rising higher in some areas than others and his shoes rubs up against those places.

Our son wears a 12 and there is no way he can get his foot inside of a 10 size shoe.

I dont know what the 10 size shoes means but I dont think they were worn by JY. If he wore them trying to throw police off then why take them off and put on his own shoes?

Whatever the outcome is to this case the 10 size shoes will remain a mystery for there was absolutely no evidence entered suggesting that JY acted in concert with someone else.

IMO

Whether someone can get a foot into a shoe 2 sizes smaller than they normal wear should depend on the type of shoe - if you have sneakers with laces, you can loosen the laces and get your foot in there. If it is a dress shoe, it's a little harder, as it's not as flexible a material.

I wear a women's size 7.5 and just put on my son's old size 4 youth and got my foot all the way in with no problem. A tiny bit uncomfortable, but doable, especially if I wanted to throw the police off and get away with murder. I then had my other son, who wears a size 9, put on his little brother's size 6 - again, uncomfortable, but doable. He said "they're in, but they're a little tight".

You can definitely get on a pair of sneakers that are 2 sizes smaller than you normally wear. Is it uncomfortable? Probably, but I think a killer would be more concerned with getting away with murder than committing murder walking in comfortable shoes.

How tall is JY? I was thinking like 6'..and he wears a size 10 shoe..Small foot for someone 6' or so..As far as the cigar smoking, there's no way he went out to smoke a cigar, cigarette maybe a quick smoke but not a cigar, my husband smokes a cigar every once in awhile and it takes forever for him to finish it..One more question, what's the explanation for the atlas.

From what I am reading some believe he is NG because of a lack of physical evidence. Yet, the physical evidence they do have is explained away as he wouldn't have slipped up and left his own shoe print. :confused: IMO

Yeah, they're giving the killer too much credit. There is almost always at least one slip-up and there is in this case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther