Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious why you think the abduction happened between the two places?
how would he have managed her vehicle?

Imoo I think he could have simply carjacked her at gun point into an abduction. His house is close enough that he could have walked to the gas station or left his car nearby on that dirt road. It's just a feeling and theory.

I think that's what the "found it", was. imo
And wasn't that on Cannery. There was a video of a man who lived there stating that LE then searched all that area, inside and outside of all of the residences, even inside his refrig. (I'd have to search for the link, if anyone is interested, I will).
Good to have an announcement on the sweater, & hope it will help find one of the missing.

It was a stranger abduction IMO, but he had experience with abducting IF it is true his first victim was abducted and slain by him.

I look at his past profile criminally, and I believe that he has a system he uses when abducting women, but the women are totally random. They just so happen to be near his home/at that gas station when abducted. I don't think he abducts them close to his home for no reason at all - he does it to bring them back to his place. And he does not keep them alive very long at all IMO.

IMO

I'm just thinking the abduction had to happen somewhere between the gas station and RATs place. So that dirt road behind the food lion and liberty gas station provides the perfect secluded back route after abduction to RATs trailer.

Multiple witnesses/video (I believe) have Alexis leaving from Liberty and turning onto 29, then stopping at/near his "house." That coming from the witness who saw her car turn onto Cannery Loop from 29. The secluded road doesn't appear to have been a factor in the abduction. IMO she was at his place on her own free will, at which point he sprung whatever trap he had.

Multiple witnesses/video (I believe) have Alexis leaving from Liberty and turning onto 29, then stopping at/near his "house." That coming from the witness who saw her car turn onto Cannery Loop from 29. The secluded road doesn't appear to have been a factor in the abduction. IMO she was at his place on her own free will, at which point he sprung whatever trap he had.

Aha! Thank YOU!!!

Imoo I think he could have simply carjacked her at gun point into an abduction. His house is close enough that he could have walked to the gas station or left his car nearby on that dirt road. It's just a feeling and theory.
I think the gun is probably a good bet too, but still don't follow where he
could have accomplished this except at his rat hole, (excuse me), house.

Are you suggesting he did this at the gas station? Or somewhere after?
TIA.

I'm pleased in a way that the LE are playing their cards close to their chests and not giving too much away. The trial of RAT has to be fair to make sure he doesn't get away with the charges he's facing. If the phone was one of the ones they found neat RAT's house they can surely use that to try and get information out of RAT, and hopefully they got the IMEI numbers from the other phones and could link them to the owners.

So this is where the topic of RAT possibly monitoring her Internet networks came from? I can believe it now.

And wasn't that on Cannery. There was a video of a man who lived there stating that LE then searched all that area, inside and outside of all of the residences, even inside his refrig. (I'd have to search for the link, if anyone is interested, I will).
Good to have an announcement on the sweater, & hope it will help find one of the missing.

The found it was from a ditch on the side of 29, I believe.
Cannery Loop was searched in the beginning with the fridge before he was even arrested.

The "found it" was during a canine search on Aug. 14th in a wooded gully on RAT's property.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_5c21f3d2-0509-11e3-87da-001a4bcf6878.html

I read it from this link ..... http://www.roanoke.com/news/2150555-12/defense-missing-teen-alexis-murphy-was-in-suspects.html

A wooded gully about 10 feet from U.S. 29 was bordered with crime scene tape Wednesday afternoon. Investigators focused on the area for hours, entering the woods with gloves, evidence tags and cameras.

Searching through the gully, one canine handler shouted, “We found it!”

I'm so glad the phone has been found. I hope there is at least evidence that can be used to find out exactly what happened to her.

I believe the phone was found on 29 near his house. I'm glad that it has been confirmed that it was in fact hers and the sweater is not.

There was a major accident at the Liberty last year - a woman was killed when she tried to pull into Liberty/Food Lion and a tractor trailer hit her. I wonder if they have put up a camera there? I know they changed the pattern of the light because it was confusing to people who were turning into Liberty/Food Lion and it wasn't clear that you had to yield to oncoming traffic.

Also, I wanted to add - it was eerie watching the Rescue teams this weekend. My son had baseball practice in Lovingston and my husband said it was just surreal seeing them on the side of the road and being aware of what they were looking for.

Thanks all for this clarification, I had that totally mixed up.

Holy Hello, So they actually found AM's phone on his property.

So what prompted the searches on Cannery Loop, simply the proximity to the rat's.?

Federal Bureau of Investigation Press Release

Alexis Tiara Murphy's disappearance on August 3, 2013; spawned a multi-agency law enforcement effort to investigate the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Through community support and the media's engagement law enforcement have received several hundred calls with potential leads; which investigators diligently continue to work through. As a result of the state-wide and national media coverage, some of these calls have been from outside the Commonwealth of Virginia; and are being prioritized and addressed as investigators deem appropriate.
<modsnip>

Please continue to contact authorities at 434-263-7050 with any information that would assist in locating Alexis and /or creating a time-line for authorities of her activities and that of Taylor's.

Additional information concerning Alexis' phone and the full FBI press release at link:

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23325250/alexis-murphys-cell-phone-found

"Thanks all for this clarification, I had that totally mixed up.

So what prompted the searches on Cannery Loop, simply the proximity to the rat's.?"

(sorry 4myguys my app messed up the quote)

Because IMO in crime mapping, (this is why I'm trying to fire my GIS up to no avail :( ) any circular route near a kidnapping is a possible round trip route the Abductor/crime scene could have taken place. Then you move in from that perimeter.

I'll try and do a crime mapping free hand to show an example of this in this specific case.

Thanks all for this clarification, I had that totally mixed up.

So what prompted the searches on Cannery Loop, simply the proximity to the rat's.?

Her phone last pinged on Cannery Loop.

i'm not at all tech savvy but i wonder if the RAT left any evidence on that phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther