Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops. Sorry about breaching the copyright rule in the above post. I didn't think about that with FBI press releases. Do read the full press release at the NBC29 link. The releases are always interesting and informative.

The current press release isn't on the FBI website yet but the past releases concerning Alexis are.

http://www.fbi.gov/richmond/news-and-outreach/press-room/2013-press-releases

According to the NBC29 article (above post) investigators have recovered four phones in the month Alexis has been missing.

i'm not at all tech savvy but i wonder if the RAT left any evidence on that phone.

I cant see him being tech savy but he does work the system well so who knows. I think everything is stored even if its been deleted....Im not positive on that. Anyone else know?

Multiple witnesses/video (I believe) have Alexis leaving from Liberty and turning onto 29, then stopping at/near his "house." That coming from the witness who saw her car turn onto Cannery Loop from 29. The secluded road doesn't appear to have been a factor in the abduction. IMO she was at his place on her own free will, at which point he sprung whatever trap he had.

Just because they saw her car on canery loop does not mean that she was in it. RAT lives practically across the street from Canery loop; however, there is not a cut through to get across the road right there. No matter which way a person went on Canery loop they would have end up going to same way at either end of the road. I drove down this road just to see. I really don't believe she was at his house just to be there. Do you have any sources about witnesses seeing her leave the gas station and turn a certain way? I have not came across this information.

However, I am confused about where this "secluded road behind Food Lion is coming from. Can someone please clarify?

I cant see him being tech savy but he does work the system well so who knows. I think everything is stored even if its been deleted....Im not positive on that. Anyone else know?

i don't think he is either, but i'm wondering if he tried to delete anything from that phone if he might have unwittingly left an 'electronic fingerprint" so to speak.

Just because they saw her car on canery loop does not mean that she was in it. RAT lives practically across the street from Canery loop; however, there is not a cut through to get across the road right there. No matter which way a person went on Canery loop they would have end up going to same way at either end of the road. I drove down this road just to see. I really don't believe she was at his house just to be there. Do you have any sources about witnesses seeing her leave the gas station and turn a certain way? I have not came across this information.

However, I am confused about where this "secluded road behind Food Lion is coming from. Can someone please clarify?

Someone (I never remember names) asked about it on the last thread....I think the 3rd to last page. It was a screen shot with red on it.

i'm not at all tech savvy but i wonder if the RAT left any evidence on that phone.

I was reading the article in The Hook which was written October 2012 concerning RAT and the Samantha Clarke case. In the article it says he texted the cell phone which was in the possession of Samantha's mother the night Samantha disappeared.

So we know he can text and that at one time he had a phone which he could text with. Whether he currently has a cell phone or left any information (text, call) to Alexis' phone is something that is not known to the public.

Also, I firmly believe in the whole "innocent until proven guilty" but, IMO, this is to huge a coincidence, to have possession if her cell, have also been the last known person to speak to SC, and last person (seen?) with AM.

Who else needs to be added to this "last seen with" list? Too coincidental. Also, I wonder if one if the other (3) cell phones belonged to SC?

This is just all to gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

I was reading the article in The Hook which was written October 2012 concerning RAT and the Samantha Clarke case. In the article it says he texted the cell phone which was in the possession of Samantha's mother the night Samantha disappeared.

So we know he can text and that at one time he had a phone which he could text with. Whether he currently has a cell phone or left any information (text, call) to Alexis' phone is something that is not known to the public.

Good find Deba! I know we have all probably read that article 100 times! Sometimes it just takes another WSer to point something so obvious out to us! :)

Multiple witnesses/video (I believe) have Alexis leaving from Liberty and turning onto 29, then stopping at/near his "house." That coming from the witness who saw her car turn onto Cannery Loop from 29. The secluded road doesn't appear to have been a factor in the abduction. IMO she was at his place on her own free will, at which point he sprung whatever trap he had.

Is this really true? I did not hear that she was seen pulling into small road a stone's throw from RAT's place?

I just wonder if he is really dumb enough to throw her cell phone any where near his property. Especially when you have ample time to get rid of it any where other than there. It just seems too easy to me.

But, if there WAS another guy could it have been him making it look as if RAT is guilty?

Not much help but I do know from other cases it depends on the carrier as to what they keep (incoming/outgoing, texts) and for how long.

From NBC affiliate twitter: Rio Hill Apartment resident says he saw missing teen's car in Carmike parking lot Monday at 10 AM.

Good info to have. That's 40 unaccounted for hours for the vehicle.

This is from thread one, and posted by JoCoKSEyes

that wasnt said. It was found in a gully on Rt 29. I feel like sometimes we are stretching things, like playing the telephone game as kids.

From what I've read the FBI will not disclose where or when they found it.

I do think he is tech savvy, enough. Not saying he's able to do some of the outrageous stuff, but I believe it is a tool of his trade in crime, and I believe he know's where to go on the net to find the stuff we all try to avoid, plus a lot more, and how to remain for the most part, anonymous and hidden.
I think this is the big difference facing parents today, the net. Used to be a predator had to be at least in your general vicinity, sortof the "lurking in the bushes type", and the locals could better protect themselves and their kids, but today's criminals can "shop" the net for potential victims with such ease it's scary without having to worry about hiding or scaring anyone by their appearances or records. The "NET" should have a whole new meaning to everyone.

Okay. Maybe I'm processing things wrong. I thought they (media) had said they found 4 cellphones on RAT's property. Now, saying one is AM's? Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member