GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

wow....hope she is found safe..but it isn't looking good.

well dang! Just goes to show that I need to watch the videos!

http://www.wcax.com/global/video.asp?clipId=6877025&autostart=true

this video says that:
-she has been a physics teacher at SJA since 2004
-she is well known in the community
-she was kidnapped :eek:
-her 2y/o was able to give LE clues about the kidnapping (LE will not release to the media)
-eta: her child was in the car 2-4 hours

Kidnapped from the home and forced into her car? Sorry I don't have sound at work. Thanks

n/t the video didn't say where she was allegedly kidnapped from... just that it looks like she could have been and that the 2y/o was able to give LE clues and leads on it

(with the engine of her car still running I would think it would have been from her car?)

hth

She didn’t go willingly, there’s evidence of that at the scene,” Lt. Mike Henry of the St. Johnsbury State Police barracks said Monday. “There was evidence of a struggle.”

Jenkins’ car was found about a quarter mile from her home, said Henry.
A relative believes she was trying to help someone at the time.

The Vermont Air National Guard is searching for Jenkins by helicopter and police are using search dogs Henry said police are not searching for anyone else at this point.

Jenkins is a single parent who teaches science and coaches girls' basketball at St. Johnsbury Academy. She also waitresses part-time at The Creamery Restaurant in Danville.

According to the St. Johnsbury Academy website, Jenkins was a 1996 graduate of the school. She also has a bachelor's in natural science/geology from Lyndon State College.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...-play-?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

The kidnapping,and the car abandoned near her house sounds a lot like that couple that also went missing in Vermont ? Do not remember their names, but they have never been located... Hope this woman is found safe and soon...MOO

Is the friend that reported her missing the one that has her son right now?

that is just so cryptic! (the stuff about going to help someone)

it sounds like LE may know a lot more than what is being reported right now..?

I wish LE or relatives would elaborate! If they have a clue about who she was trying to help, shouldn't the public be told to be on the lookout for a certain car or perp?

Sounds like the friend who found her car was expecting to see or hear from her around 8:30? Something made her worried enough to go look for Melissa....

that is just so cryptic! (the stuff about going to help someone)

it sounds like LE may know a lot more than what is being reported right now..?

I wonder if the little boy recognized the person who took his mom? :(

It sounds like the relatives know who this person is and so does LE, imo. Was she going to go help a student? A friend? Was she set up?

I doubt it would be a stranger at 8:30 pm with her 2 year old in the car.

If she left home with the idea of trying to help someone there must be some record of who she was going to meet... text, email, phone, something....

it is just a miracle that the 2 y/o didn't get out of the car and go wandering all over those woods since he was in the car for 2-4 hours :eek: per that video.

he must have been in a car seat or something?

If she left home with the idea of trying to help someone there must be some record of who she was going to meet... text, email, phone, something....

yeah... ita.. and we haven't heard where her purse, cell phone, etc is either...

Ledo did not elaborate further on any potential evidence found at the scene. He did, however, say that Jenkins' child is in good condition and is being cared for by a family friend.

According to Covell, Jenkins was last seen at approximately 8:30 p.m. Sunday. The friend who later located her car was the last known person to see her and became concerned when unable to locate her, police said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/26/melissa-jenkins-missing-vermont-teacher_n_1380504.html

I am so glad whoever abducted her didn't think her son would be a good witness, otherwise he'd probably have harmed him too.

Children that young are good witnesses, though, because they don't know enough about what is going on to be emotional about things. They are just matter-of-fact.

I bet he was in a carseat and that is why he wasn't able to get out of the car or hurt himself, though one of mine could un-do her harness and climb out of her seat at that age. Is it warm in VT now? I'd be afraid of the weather with that poor baby in the car for that long. You know, knowing my baby was left alone would be more torture than whatever an abductor could do to me. That poor woman. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back