GUILTY VT - Melissa Jenkins, 33, St Johnsbury, 25 March 2012

First thing Monday morning crews began searching the woods close to where Jenkins car was found, but as the hours wore on and few clues were found, aerial teams were brought in to help. Police found signs of a struggle near the car and believe the two-year-old watched as his mother was taken.
A friend went looking for Jenkins -- finally found the toddler several hours later and called 911.

Family believe Jenkins left home to help someone with car trouble, but exactly who she planned to meet is a mystery.

Reporter Keagan Harsha: Do you believe she was kidnapped?

Vermont State Police Major Ed Ledo: We know she didn't leave voluntarily based upon what we have at the scene. I can tell you that.
http://www.wcax.com/story/17252608/search-underway-for-missing-st-johnsbury-woman

I don't have a good feeling about this one at all. I hope I am wrong.

Gee, the fact that her 2 y/o son was left in the car by himself isn't suspicious?

Even the worst mother in the world wouldn't willingly leave their child in an abandoned car by themselves. If a mother decided she was leaving her child, she'd leave him at home or with a friend or family member and just not come back for them.

I swear, sometimes LE says stupid things.

LE doesn't write these articles.... reporters do. Obviously, they just laid out the facts and didn't tie up the loose ends.

LE has got to know WHO she thought had car trouble and lured her out that night. If they were not involved they would have come forward, imo.

so the friend last heard from Melissa at 2030 and went looking for her and found the car two hours later at 2300 and called 911 (and mps filed at 2330)

just my thoughts:
1) why was the friend worried about her to go look for her?
2) why did it take two hours to find the car if it was only 1/4 of a mile from her house (articles say it was off the side of the road)
3) how would family know if she was helping someone with car trouble?

LE has got to know WHO she thought had car trouble and lured her out that night. If they were not involved they would have come forward, imo.

ita...
I hope we get some more news and updates soon to confirm my suspicions/thoughts as to how this friend ties into everything

eta: :moo: of course... I could be completely off base with my current thoughts

I wonder if this was a boyfriend she'd dumped recently or someone who was romantically-interested that she'd given the brush off too. If that is who lured her from her home for "help," and she'd told the friend, I can see where she'd be concerned when she didn't hear back from her.

Also, where is the boy's father? Was there any type of child custody stuff going on?

ita...
I hope we get some more news and updates soon to confirm my suspicions/thoughts as to how this friend ties into everything

eta: :moo: of course... I could be completely off base with my current thoughts

I am having some of the same thoughts myself. Maybe erroneous, not sure though.

It just seems that if someone lured her out there by saying they had car problems, then what would she and her baby be doing to help, other than bring them a gas can OR give them a ride somewhere. She wasn't going to change their tires or fix their alternator. So it would have been a quick trip, imo. And that person is either the perp, and LE knows it, or they have come forward to say they were dropped at the gas station and saw her drive off. And that could be verified already. imo

But otherwise, that is a story made up by somebody, possibly the friend who 'found' the baby and the car. I am a bit suspicious because the car was so close to the home, and yet not found for 2 hours. How did that happen that way? I would think the home area would be one of the very first places to check.

I don't think the car was found 2 hours after the friend began looking for her. I think it was found 2 hours after the friend last heard from her. The friend wouldn't go looking right after hearing from her.

Maybe the friend has some idea of who she went to help, and police do as well, but are not going to release any information on this person because it could endanger Melissa's life. At this point, they kind of have to be careful about how much info they give out.
Sounds like somebody lured her there for the purpose of doing harm to her. Wonder if it's a student from the school where she teaches?

I don't think the car was found 2 hours after the friend began looking for her. I think it was found 2 hours after the friend last heard from her. The friend wouldn't go looking right after hearing from her.

the two or three articles in the Opening post have some quotes per the friend... and they conflict with one another... one says she was last heard from at 2030 and "missing for 2 hours" and the other one says she went looking at 2030...

(and of course now when I go back and click on the links in the OP all the articles are different now... because media doesn't seem to favor publishing new stories anymore but rather "updating" them)

her car was found right near her house (1/4 mile down the road)....

the whole thing is just so odd!

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/vt-woman-missing-signs-of-a-struggle-melissa-jenkins

Updated: Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 4:07 PM EDT

ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. (AP) - Vermont State Police investigators believe a missing woman whose 2-year-old son was found alone in her SUV with the engine running is a victim of foul play.

Melissa_Jenkins_20120326135627_320_240.JPG

I have to wonder if someone wanted to talk to her at the house and she didn't want to talk to them and took off. Then they were following her so she decided to pull over and confront them and they overtook her.

Just a thought floating in my head. :moo:

I pray she is found safe, but this doesn't look good at all. :tears:

This really doesn't look good. You'd have to kill me to get me away from my kids. I am sure most mothers are the same.

I've always felt bad about it, but it is for this reason that I don't stop and help stranded motorists, even offer to make a phone call for them.

KC, negative (re: hearing about the father.. only that she is a single mother)

Wow, this is pretty much my worst nightmare. I'm so glad her baby is safe. I hope she is found alive and well, but this doesn't look good at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back