GUILTY VT - Robert Schreiner, 78, beaten to death, West Townshend, 2 June 2004

Jeana (DP) said:
Well, maybe not to "qualify," but it would go a hell of a lot further to make me feel better! :innocent: :innocent:
LOL! :laugh: We could add a flogging room, too. How would that make you feel?

concernedperson said:
Actually that sounds like the convent I was in.
O, wow. Were you intending to be a nun at one time? I had two aunts who were nuns and my godmother almost became one. They have some pretty old buildings so I wouldn't be surprised. My dad had rats in the basement of his restaurant the size of small cats. He took me down there one time and they knew never to try to send me down there after anything. :laugh: No way was I ever going to darken that basement door again!!!

Hello Goody,

Right now I am smiling that you took the time to answer my post.:)
I would rather ask and get a straight answer than assume anything.So thank-you Goody.:)

Goody,
The first time that I had to do a transport to this facility I passed by it twice.It does not look like a prison.The way that this facility is placed,it is easy to miss.It is situated among many brick buildings that house our state buildings and credit Union.They are very old buildings.A couple of years ago people were sick because of the outside air conditioner.It affected people including some of the Officers and females housed in the facility.

Thank-you again for the post.

dark_shadows said:
Hello Goody,

Right now I am smiling that you took the time to answer my post.:)
I would rather ask and get a straight answer than assume anything.So thank-you Goody.:)
I usually have a hard time keeping up so it is just luck that I even saw you post. But if I see one to me, I do try to answer if there is anyway to squeese an answer of it it. :woohoo:

dark_shadows said:
Goody,
The first time that I had to do a transport to this facility I passed by it twice.It does not look like a prison.The way that this facility is placed,it is easy to miss.It is situated among many brick buildings that house our state buildings and credit Union.They are very old buildings.A couple of years ago people were sick because of the outside air conditioner.It affected people including some of the Officers and females housed in the facility.

Thank-you again for the post.
Well, I hope Ms Schreiner enjoys her stay there. :)

izzyB said:
i think part of her "look" is due to plastic surgery. her skin seems "stretched" across her face, giving her that haughty look.
A friend of mine works in that facility.She claims that she has not had plastic surgery.There were no signs of surgery (even no small scars behind the ears)and the look was the lack of fat due to age (people have fat injected in the facial area to enhance a youthful look).

dark_shadows said:
A friend of mine works in that facility.She claims that she has not had plastic surgery.There were no signs of surgery (even no small scars behind the ears)and the look was the lack of fat due to age (people have fat injected in the facial area to enhance a youthful look).

well dark shadows i do find this tidbit somewhat shocking, but i guess that is TV for you. the way they look is not really the way they are! on the other hand maybe it was just those years in the sun and out door living that causes her face to look that way.

reading from a few locals who posted on the CTV thread when this trial was being televised, i got the impression that she was not well-liked.

Hi IzzyB,

She is not well liked in the facility.Apparently she does not play well with others.

dark_shadows said:
Hi IzzyB,

She is not well liked in the facility.Apparently she does not play well with others.

hi back, dark_shadows. thanks for the update on hope. i was glued to the TV during the trial.

ALSO i have been reading some of your excellent posts over on the mary winkler thread. you are a thoughtful poster (ie, put a lot of thought into your posts), and i always enjoy reading your contributions!!

izzyB said:
hi back, dark_shadows. thanks for the update on hope. i was glued to the TV during the trial.

ALSO i have been reading some of your excellent posts over on the mary winkler thread. you are a thoughtful poster (ie, put a lot of thought into your posts), and i always enjoy reading your contributions!!
Hello again Izzy,
Thanks for the words of your heart.:blowkiss:
I always enjoy and appreciate your posts as well.

I will keep you updated on anything else that I hear.I spoke to my friend a short time ago and I was told that Hope mostly stays in her cell and does not speak much at all to the women she is housed with.She does go out into the dayroom to watch tv once in awhile.

Hi Izzy,

Here is more on this;
story
BRATTLEBORO, Vt. -- Lawyers for a 73-year-old woman convicted in March of bludgeoning her husband to death have asked for a new trial, saying a New Hampshire inmate has identified the Vermont man who may be the actual killer.

Hope Schreiner's lawyers asked for a mistrial when word of the New Hampshire inmate's statements were revealed during Schreiner's trial. But Judge Katherine Hayes of Vermont District Court for Windham County denied the request, saying the allegation was speculative.

Schreiner is scheduled to be sentenced June 8 in the June 2004 death of her husband, 78-year-old Robert Schreiner, whose body was found in the driveway of the couple's Townshend home. The state maintained she was tired of caring for her elderly husband and had become involved with another man. Schreiner could get a sentence of 20 years to life.

dark shadows, thanks for this update and also the date of the sentencing. i sure hope that is covered by CTV, and they usually do after they have covered a trial.

what do you make of this inmate's story? do you think it is enough to get a new trial? i know there was a tight timeline the day of the murder, but then there are hope's own words telling one neighbor that she "just snapped" and the other that "i did it".

considering the blood evidence in the home i really think that she did it.

dark_shadows said:
Hi IzzyB,

Thank you for answering my question about the detention center. Sounds like it isn't too bad a place to be for now.

But, if Hope can't play nice there, she is going to have a real hard time in prison.

LNL said:
Thank you for answering my question about the detention center. Sounds like it isn't too bad a place to be for now.

But, if Hope can't play nice there, she is going to have a real hard time in prison.
She is an old woman, no matter how youthful she appears. I hope they put her in with other old ladies. I guess this could be a real learning experience for her. Maybe she could use a little humbling. She is probably in the right place for that.

LNL said:

Hi LNL,
You are very welcome for the answer.
There are women of all ages at that facility,some her own age or older also that have been incarcerated with her.She does not get along with any.It is her choice not to interact,she does not see herself as an offender and seems to think that she has nothing in common with the other woman.:rolleyes:

izzyB said:
dark shadows, thanks for this update and also the date of the sentencing. i sure hope that is covered by CTV, and they usually do after they have covered a trial.

what do you make of this inmate's story? do you think it is enough to get a new trial? i know there was a tight timeline the day of the murder, but then there are hope's own words telling one neighbor that she "just snapped" and the other that "i did it".

considering the blood evidence in the home i really think that she did it.
Hello IzzyB,
There will be no new trial.
Judge Hayes stated that a new trial is frivolous and totally without merit.

The procecutors state that Hope killed her husband out of pent up anger about his illness and as a result of her affair with the neighbor.

As far as the inmate Robert Hurlburt goes,he has a history of providing false information about high profile cases.He has also been convicted of numerous offences of making false statements.He stated that his cousin was the killer.The man he accused is not even related to him.

The trial remains for june 8th.As stated before,she is facing a 20 year to life sentence.

for this update and answers to my questions from a previous post. i am not surprised after a more thorough investigation that nothing of any substance was there.

i am keeping my fingers crossed that CTV will show the sentencing trial on june 8th.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back