Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I cannot have read the posts where he said she was rushing. But now you mention it, I do remember reading, early on mind, in msm that she was running late. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh got it. She was running late for her car pool when she realized she had to go back for her badge. Yes, that makes total sense. I guess leaving for work in the AM is always a rush for me (not mysterious) so I assume it's the same for everyone haha. (I can relate to the way Stryker was describing CD's organization! I could use a clapper for all my stuff)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep running over scenerios in my head of how this all happened. The blood stains in her car on the passenger side tells me she was in the car when these " self inflicted injuries " occurred. This happned after she was seen leaving her house early in the a.m. so it was full daylight I suspect. Was her car left at the side of the road or left in the area like park and ride where she left it everyday ? Then her body is found a week later in a ditch near this area. I just cant see that happening during the early morning rush with full daylight and not one witness saw anything... puzzling

I feel so bad for the poster here Stryder and his family and all of us that cant quit thiniking about this lovely woman. My heart hurts for her and I want justice ! I dont even know her and I am mad as hell this happened to her.

How much longer do we have to wait for some answers ?

I keep running over scenerios in my head of how this all happened. The blood stains in her car on the passenger side tells me she was in the car when these " self inflicted injuries " occurred. This happned after she was seen leaving her house early in the a.m. so it was full daylight I suspect. Was her car left at the side of the road or left in the area like park and ride where she left it everyday ? Then her body is found a week later in a ditch near this area. I just cant see that happening during the early morning rush with full daylight and not one witness saw anything... puzzling

I feel so bad for the poster here Stryder and his family and all of us that cant quit thiniking about this lovely woman. My heart hurts for her and I want justice ! I dont even know her and I am mad as hell this happened to her.

How much longer do we have to wait for some answers ?

It wasn't full daylight when she left her house or arrived at that parking space. I remember asking my husband, who commutes in the same city every day, what it was like at 7am that day and he said pretty dark. It had rained earlier, plus the sun wasn't up yet.

Her car was parked on the side of the road where it was not uncommon for her to park for work.

I hope we don't have to wait too much longer for answers, and I have this terrible fear that LE won't ever tell us the whole story.

I just looked up the population for Texas where I am from, 27 million total for the state. Washington has something like 7 million total. It just seems to me the crime rate here is higher for a state with so little density. I know murders happen in Texas too but it seems like there are more killers, druggies, vandals etc in Washington. Is this true ? or is it just me being still unsettled after just over 1 year here??

I can only speak for myself, but I am rushing out the door to work every morning, looking for my keys, phone, laptop, keycard, parking pass. The idea of a badge getting brushed off a hook, dresser or desk and getting covered by a piece of clothing is something I can totally relate to. I am thinking she was rushing out the door and didn't realize she didn't have her badge.

ETA: I got from stryker's post that the badge was found covered by a piece of clothing near to where it should have been (I sort of imagined that it got brushed off a dresser/hook/shelf/whatever)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/

ETA: the quote doesn't seem to have worked. This is in reply to Kammiemc.

I never saw the post so it appears I was jumping a bit to think the badge was under a pile of clothes and not just a piece of clothing.
But if it was a piece of clothing, then what you describe sounds very possible too.

I'm really surprised so many people think it's unusual to leave a badge at home. I used a badge everyday and forgot it at home and had to run back to get it at least once a week. That's life!

Dear stryker57, accept please my sincere condolences and believe that I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Your mother was my age, one of my sons is surely around your age and that soft spoken and lovely lady could be one of us. She was family oriented, didn't have risky behaviours, led her life with grace and care and was simply in her way to work in a Monday morning like thousands of us. Her death is having a big impact in all of us and we all wonder WHAT, HOW, and WHY.

In all honesty I am not here in a 'gossip' way and I do believe the same about the other posters. We really want to know what happeed to your Mom and we want her to have justice served. If any time in any way I contributed to upset you, accept my apologies. I am not English spoken and some times may be a bit abrupt. It is our way here in Southern Europe. Yes, your Mom's fate arrived here and it is from here so far that I wish you and your family strength and courage for the years ahead.

For your dear Mother I (and we all here) only wish one thing: JUSTICE.

In memory of Cheryl DeBoer :rose:

I just looked up the population for Texas where I am from, 27 million total for the state. Washington has something like 7 million total. It just seems to me the crime rate here is higher for a state with so little density. I know murders happen in Texas too but it seems like there are more killers, druggies, vandals etc in Washington. Is this true ? or is it just me being still unsettled after just over 1 year here??
My opinion: You are right [emoji30] ..but then again ..I've never lived in Texas !

Sent from my mobile

Oh got it. She was running late for her car pool when she realized she had to go back for her badge. Yes, that makes total sense. I guess leaving for work in the AM is always a rush for me (not mysterious) so I assume it's the same for everyone haha. (I can relate to the way Stryker was describing CD's organization! I could use a clapper for all my stuff)

No, not everyone rushes.
For me, I always made the time.
I put my clothes out the night before so I knew what I was going to wear to work. I walked our dogs for a half hour before I went to work. I set the table before I went to work so that it was already set for dinner.
I made our bed every morning before I went to work. For a short duration in my life I was a maid. I figured if I could make all those beds for all those guests I surely could make my bed for Myself. That way when I came home, it was nice to see a clean bedroom and a made bed.
The dishes were always washed the night before or in the morning before I went to work. Clean kitchen, makes for a nice feeling when I got home to start dinner.
When dealing with the mail or paperwork, handle Once, and put them where they belong.
The same with anything, handle once. It takes the same amount of time to put clothes on the floor as it does to hang them up, so why not hang up clothes. The floor is clean and things are put away.
Sometimes it is a matter of getting up just 15 or 20 minutes earlier than you would have, just to have a cup of coffee and relax.
Multi tasking can be a great friend, but sometimes handling one task at a time will get a job done more thoroughly.
Organizational skills have always been a benefit in my mind.
Making a list is always a great idea.
I am retired now and things are a little more relaxed for me, but I still carry lots of those traits. Why not. They are beneficial.
IMOO.

I'm really surprised so many people think it's unusual to leave a badge at home. I used a badge everyday and forgot it at home and had to run back to get it at least once a week. That's life!

I don't know what others think about leaving the badge at home.
I know that everyone is different.
For myself, since I did a checklist before even leaving the house, it would be odd for me to forget something
that I would use on a daily basis, but that is me… that is my quirky personality.
IMOO.

Hi folks, I am refraining from posting at the moment, waiting to be verified as an Insider. I appreciate all the sincere apologies. I know you guys mean well.

Hi folks, I am refraining from posting at the moment, waiting to be verified as an Insider. I appreciate all the sincere apologies. I know you guys mean well.

Thank you for posting! :)
It is nice to see you back! :)
And add me to the list of apologies, apologizers, as well.

Hopefully there will be more answers soon.
Looking forward to stryker57 becoming verified.
Hopefully LE and the medical examiner will release more info.
I know it's been difficult for you stryker57 and your family.
Our hearts hurt for you all.

Excellente [emoji4]

And my condolances. So sorry for your loss [emoji25]

Sent from my mobile

I wore a badge to work for 15 years, on a lanyard around my neck. Sometimes, while sitting in traffic on the way home, I would take it off and place it in my car console. But if I ran errands on the way home or stopped for dinner, I might take it off and place it in my purse.
When changing purses, especially over a weekend, it would sometimes get left behind. Or in the case that I wore it all the way home, I would place it next to my bathroom sink. Inadvertently, it might get covered by my makeup bag or hairdryer.
Now I was always extremely organized at work, but not always at home. I can totally understand forgetting the badge at home.
My :twocents:

I don't know...I've had to use a badge for the past 5 years and have never ever left it at home. It's a major habit to have it on me, but I'm an overly organized type of gal...aka an obsessive weirdo.

I don't know...I've had to use a badge for the past 5 years and have never ever left it at home. It's a major habit to have it on me, but I'm an overly organized type of gal...aka an obsessive weirdo.

Hey I resemble that remark! :)

I wore a badge to work for 15 years, on a lanyard around my neck. Sometimes, while sitting in traffic on the way home, I would take it off and place it in my car console. But if I ran errands on the way home or stopped for dinner, I might take it off and place it in my purse.
When changing purses, especially over a weekend, it would sometimes get left behind. Or in the case that I wore it all the way home, I would place it next to my bathroom sink. Inadvertently, it might get covered by my makeup bag or hairdryer.
Now I was always extremely organized at work, but not always at home. I can totally understand forgetting the badge at home.
My :twocents:

Me too! And it sounds like from what Stryker said that CD is not so different if she had left the badge home more than once.

No, not everyone rushes.
For me, I always made the time.
I put my clothes out the night before so I knew what I was going to wear to work. I walked our dogs for a half hour before I went to work. I set the table before I went to work so that it was already set for dinner.
I made our bed every morning before I went to work. For a short duration in my life I was a maid. I figured if I could make all those beds for all those guests I surely could make my bed for Myself. That way when I came home, it was nice to see a clean bedroom and a made bed.
The dishes were always washed the night before or in the morning before I went to work. Clean kitchen, makes for a nice feeling when I got home to start dinner.
When dealing with the mail or paperwork, handle Once, and put them where they belong.
The same with anything, handle once. It takes the same amount of time to put clothes on the floor as it does to hang them up, so why not hang up clothes. The floor is clean and things are put away.
Sometimes it is a matter of getting up just 15 or 20 minutes earlier than you would have, just to have a cup of coffee and relax.
Multi tasking can be a great friend, but sometimes handling one task at a time will get a job done more thoroughly.
Organizational skills have always been a benefit in my mind.
Making a list is always a great idea.
I am retired now and things are a little more relaxed for me, but I still carry lots of those traits. Why not. They are beneficial.
IMOO.
IMHO

Different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics