Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not everyone rushes.
For me, I always made the time.
I put my clothes out the night before so I knew what I was going to wear to work. I walked our dogs for a half hour before I went to work. I set the table before I went to work so that it was already set for dinner.
I made our bed every morning before I went to work. For a short duration in my life I was a maid. I figured if I could make all those beds for all those guests I surely could make my bed for Myself. That way when I came home, it was nice to see a clean bedroom and a made bed.
The dishes were always washed the night before or in the morning before I went to work. Clean kitchen, makes for a nice feeling when I got home to start dinner.
When dealing with the mail or paperwork, handle Once, and put them where they belong.
The same with anything, handle once. It takes the same amount of time to put clothes on the floor as it does to hang them up, so why not hang up clothes. The floor is clean and things are put away.
Sometimes it is a matter of getting up just 15 or 20 minutes earlier than you would have, just to have a cup of coffee and relax.
Multi tasking can be a great friend, but sometimes handling one task at a time will get a job done more thoroughly.
Organizational skills have always been a benefit in my mind.
Making a list is always a great idea.
I am retired now and things are a little more relaxed for me, but I still carry lots of those traits. Why not. They are beneficial.
IMOO.

Yes, I was kidding. I know some people are super organized and never forget anything. How I wish. . I strive to be 1/4 as buttoned up as you sound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what LE found, if anything, in additional computer and phone records that they were looking at?
I wonder, also, if those consist of not only personal, but work related as well.
IMOO.

I wore a badge to work for 15 years, on a lanyard around my neck. Sometimes, while sitting in traffic on the way home, I would take it off and place it in my car console. But if I ran errands on the way home or stopped for dinner, I might take it off and place it in my purse.
When changing purses, especially over a weekend, it would sometimes get left behind. Or in the case that I wore it all the way home, I would place it next to my bathroom sink. Inadvertently, it might get covered by my makeup bag or hairdryer.
Now I was always extremely organized at work, but not always at home. I can totally understand forgetting the badge at home.
My :twocents:
I recognize this, I've had forgotten my badge, or my bus card, or other cards at home, especially if having used different handbags during the week and the weekend. There was a time when I forgot several times to take the keys out of the door when arriving home, and once a neighbour knocked on my door one morning to say that the keys were in the lock, they had been there the entire night, and I've forgot to lock my bicycle. Thankfully I have lived in places that have been safe.

Hi folks, I am refraining from posting at the moment, waiting to be verified as an Insider. I appreciate all the sincere apologies. I know you guys mean well.

Thanks for checking in Stryker....we're here for u!

"Police are not releasing details on any injuries to her body, pending the release of the medical examiner’s ruling and lab results,..."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...e-police-return-to-site-where-body-was-found/

"Originally published February 16, 2016 at 11:26 am Updated February 17, 2016 at 6:03pm"

(I know that it was released in other MSM articles about cuts on Cheryl's fingers.)

I don't know if this particular article meant that there are Injuries and they aren't releasing those details Yet, OR if this meant in general about injuries or no injuries...
IMOO.

I'm really surprised so many people think it's unusual to leave a badge at home. I used a badge everyday and forgot it at home and had to run back to get it at least once a week. That's life!

Mondays are especially notorious badge-forgetting days

Hi folks, I am refraining from posting at the moment, waiting to be verified as an Insider. I appreciate all the sincere apologies. I know you guys mean well.

Thanks for the update, stryker. How considerate of you, especially under the circumstances. You come across as such a kind, thoughtful soul, and to me, that speaks volumes as to how you were raised. Please take care.

Ah, I cannot have read the posts where he said she was rushing. But now you mention it, I do remember reading, early on mind, in msm that she was running late. Thanks for clarifying.

It was the day after the Superbowl. There could have been a party or whatnot. Or missed the alarm, or the dog needed tending to...most of us are punctual about going to work, but we all have an off day. I've never forgotten my work badge, but I had a coworker who forgot all of the time. Who knows....

I just looked up the population for Texas where I am from, 27 million total for the state. Washington has something like 7 million total. It just seems to me the crime rate here is higher for a state with so little density. I know murders happen in Texas too but it seems like there are more killers, druggies, vandals etc in Washington. Is this true ? or is it just me being still unsettled after just over 1 year here??

It depends where you are. The druggy/vandal problem has really increased in Snohomish County over the last couple of years, but it is otherwise quite safe.

It was the day after the Superbowl. There could have been a party or whatnot. Or missed the alarm, or the dog needed tending to...most of us are punctual about going to work, but we all have an off day. I've never forgotten my work badge, but I had a coworker who forgot all of the time. Who knows....

Thank you but I wasn't enquiring of reasons as to why she could have been late, that's impossible to guess.

I was asking why it was being said she was rushing.
A poster then explained that it had earlier been posted (since removed) that CD had been rushing that morning.

Completely agree with those who aren't surprised that Cheryl forgot her badge! Sounds like Cheryl used two modes of transportation (personal vehicle, carpool) to get to and from work. Takes a bit of coordination, more opportunity for error. That she was rushing, that she forgot her badge, is not uncommon in my own experience especially having done this commute myself for 10+ years. How many commuters have left their lunches sitting on the kitchen counter or their personal effects on a bus/train? It happens.

I am praying for LE to have insight and find the responsible party to this event and I also pray for strength to Stryker and his family that they find peace and hopefully comfort in what we all do here just trying to piece together the events that led to this tragedy. I want him to know there are good people that care and what justice and resolve.

It depends where you are. The druggy/vandal problem has really increased in Snohomish County over the last couple of years, but it is otherwise quite safe.

I have never seen so many people living in campers and tents till I moved here. I think the poorest of the poor in Dallas must all be couch surfing or in some type of shelter. You do see a few wanderers in downtown Dallas near the bus stop but other than that, the homeless are invisable. I was shocked to see in my own neighborhood people live full time on part time seasonal campgrounds. I feel bad for them but a camper is better than under a bridge i guess. It appears Washington has a huge homeless population.

I manage all the door badges for two offices of about 150 employees total. On any given day I have at least 3 or 4 spare badges checked out to employees. I have a few chronic badge-forgetters, like a receptionist who forgets hers 4 mornings out of 5. Changing jackets and purses and cars are the three top reasons one of my coworkers forgets their badge.

A short lesson in absurdity.

This is an unrelated case that happened just this week. An oil executive came under indictment, and shortly thereafter he drove his SUV at high speed into a concrete bridge abutment. He was greatly exceeding the speed limit, wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and there were no skid marks as if the brakes had been applied. His car burst into flames on impact and burned on the side of the highway.

His abrupt death - the official cause of which has yet to be determined.

An investigation, expected to conclude in one to two weeks, will determine if the former CEO was wearing a seat belt and whether he tried to hit the brakes, police said.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/au...d-after-car-accident-2016-03-02?siteid=yhoof2

The medical examiner’s office says McClendon died from multiple blunt force trauma. However, McClendon’s manner of death and toxicology results are still pending.

“He pretty much drove straight into the wall,” Balderrama said on Wednesday. “The information out there at the scene is that he went left of center, went through a grassy area right before colliding into the embankment. There was plenty of opportunity for him to correct and get back on the roadway and that didn’t occur.”

http://kfor.com/2016/03/04/medical-...m-as-aubrey-mcclendon-through-dental-records/

The cause of death will be determined later by a medical examiner, the spokesman said.
The crash occurred less than 24 hours after the U.S. Department of Justice announced that McClendon had been indicted for allegedly colluding to rig bids for oil and gas acreage while he was at Chesapeake. He had denied the charges.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...day-after-indictment/articleshow/51234252.cms

How many of you sleuthers out there can come up with a cause of death in 2 minutes or less ? How about manner of death ?

You might want to investigate your decision for a couple of weeks though.......take your time.

What makes Cheryl's badge so important on this thread?
She forgot the badge and wanted to return home to get it.

Why so much talk about the badge? (and everybody has a right to discuss it, that is not what I am getting at.)
If it was her personality to forget her badge on occasion, then that is who she was.

I was listening to an interview of Pickard and the female reporter asked Pickard if Cheryl was the one who sent that text,
and he could not comment about that.

The relevance in her badge could mean that because she forgot it, she could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
OR if there really is relevance to her badge, then someone took advantage of Cheryl, by either misplacing her badge or knowing about her badge being at home.

At this point, is there relevance to her badge or not?

Even I went off on a tangent about making time and not rushing. Does any of that even matter?

The badge may only have been an innocent catalyst for Cheryl's demise.

The badge may have nothing to do with anything, except that Cheryl forgot it?
Which then propelled other forces, perhaps.

I am at a loss right now, until we know more.

Stryker57 I am sorry for your loss of a wonderful mom.

If by speculating over and over about what happened to Cheryl has caused you any pain, I deeply apologize.

I think I have ruminated as much as I can without more information.

I hope there will be more news soon.

IMOO.

A short lesson in absurdity.

This is an unrelated case that happened just this week. An oil executive came under indictment, and shortly thereafter he drove his SUV at high speed into a concrete bridge...
*snipped for brevity
I get what you're saying, but it's a lot harder not to speculate about Cheryl and sit on our hands while the good officials of Snohomish county do their jobs.

Contrary to the oil exec, Cheryl did not have a suggested reason for suicide. Cheryl did not seem to have colleagues with obvious motives to take her life... To us Cheryl was an everyday woman with a low-risk life style. So here we gather around the water cooler and wonder why. It's the 'why?' that makes Cheryl pop in to my head at the strangest moments, many times per day. Of course, the 'how?', the 'what?' and the 'where? make many appearances too. Buy it's the 'why?' that keeps me checking in here daily, that keeps us mulling over the same scant facts, that makes us speculate about the results of the ME and those damn cuts!
I am usually infuriated with a case by the time we reach this stage (thread 4!) because there is usually a smoking gun (and supported theory) and yet a few remain to tease out other theories, turing everything over and over ad infinitum. This time however, I have the greatest empathy with those that are similarly possessed! We are playing a waiting game, in a holding pattern with about 6 little crumbs of knowledge, floating here for a month now...

Thank you but I wasn't enquiring of reasons as to why she could have been late, that's impossible to guess.

I was asking why it was being said she was rushing.
A poster then explained that it had earlier been posted (since removed) that CD had been rushing that morning.
I have no idea why Cheryl was rushing, but I'm rushing every work morning! Seriously. I stay in bed until the last possible second, and then the rest of the morning until I arrive at work, is rushed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab