GUILTY WA - Joshua Tabor for waterboarding 4yo daughter, Yelm, 2010

I don't see anything when I click on your link, SFT....what did you find?

TIA!

It's just the court record for this crime, try this link and type in name after clicking on "name search"...

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.home

There is another case, out of Yelm, for Jan 31, but it may be the same incident. Notice on the court document it orders JT to turn over his weapon. I know he's in the Army, but the last thing this guy needs is a weapon.

John Ashcroft and Liz Cheney say waterboarding isn't torture so it must be true.

Amen!

How they expect our soldiers to do the things they are ordered to do then come back to the states and act like humans is beyond me. "You can torture those people.. but not these people, mkay?" Don't they realize that after awhile the lines must blur?

I would like to know if this guy had issues with anger before any overseas deployments (Iraq, Afghanistan).

who the hells brilliat idea was it to give custody to this *advertiser censored*.
someone outta waterboard him and see how he likes it

I think it is an important question of whether or not he was this kind of person before his military experience. Doubtless, he will blame it on that. But, in reality, is it the military or the war that made him this way, or was he the kind of person that only gained help from his training in being more sadistic and more harmful than he would have been without it.
I think it is incredible that he managed to find someone that also doesn't see anything wrong with him and his parenting "style". From the fact that he managed to find that person, I think he would have been abusive and dangerous without the military influence. The military may teach a man to waterboard, but they don't give the instincts and tools to be able to find and utilize the help of another sick individual. That is the hallmark of a person with a preexisting issue or whole slew of issues. JMO.

to me if you can do this to your own child you have issues that far predate your military experience. the waterboarding was hardly the only incident..according to the gf he was beating her before that (of coourse, she didnt try to stop it, why would she?0

Your average soldier has no training or experience in waterboarding. This guy probably learned about waterboarding the same way the rest of us did, from TV. And I can almost bet he'd be too much of a coward, despite his military service, to take on a full-grown man up close -- little four-year-old girls are his speed.

Your average soldier has no training or experience in waterboarding. This guy probably learned about waterboarding the same way the rest of us did, from TV. And I can almost bet he'd be too much of a coward, despite his military service, to take on a full-grown man up close -- little four-year-old girls are his speed.

I have to agree, although I think waterboarding would likely come up more between soldiers than in the general population. I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up after reading the articles. I know of it, but not about it. He obviously knew what it was and how it was used.

Sick. Just sick. I hate people some days.

i hope he gets to personally experience it himself where he's going

to me if you can do this to your own child you have issues that far predate your military experience. the waterboarding was hardly the only incident..according to the gf he was beating her before that (of coourse, she didnt try to stop it, why would she?0
That's my feeling, the guy had severe issues before his military service. There are many vets who don't return home to do something like this.

Some recent news...this is from the bottom of page 1 and into page 2 of the linked article below.

"Tabor told investigators that he feels his daughter is 'behind mentally for where she should be for her age,'" said Stancil. "He's blaming the bruises on her squirming and trying to get away from him on the porcelain counter that surrounds the sink."

Stancil said that the young girl was "very articulate" and did not appear to have any developmental issues.

His arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16 in Thurston County Superior Court, according to the Nisqually Valley News.

The girl lived with Tabor, his girlfriend and several other children who belonged to the girlfriend. Included in the house was a 2-month-old baby boy Tabor had with his girlfriend.

Tabor's daughter had only been living with him for just two months, according to Stancil. A court ruled late last year that Tabor would split custody of his daughter with the girl's mother in five month increments. Tabor was to care for the girl for the first half of 2010, said Stancil.

The girl's grandparents, who had been caring for the girl prior to the court's decision in their home in Montana, have since come to Yelm and have taken custody of the girl.

According to a Joseph Piek, a spokesman for the Lewis-McChord base where Tabor is assigned, Tabor is a helicopter repairer.

Tabor was assigned to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in December 2006 and was deployed with his unit to Iraq for 15 months from May 2007 to August 2008.

Since posting bail, Tabor has been restricted to the base and is living in his unit's barracks, according to Piek.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joshua-tabor-accused-waterboarding-young-daughter/story?id=9778116&page=1

:furious::banghead:
Some recent news...this is from the bottom of page 1 and into page 2 of the linked article below.

"Tabor told investigators that he feels his daughter is 'behind mentally for where she should be for her age,'" said Stancil. "He's blaming the bruises on her squirming and trying to get away from him on the porcelain counter that surrounds the sink."

Stancil said that the young girl was "very articulate" and did not appear to have any developmental issues.

His arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16 in Thurston County Superior Court, according to the Nisqually Valley News.

The girl lived with Tabor, his girlfriend and several other children who belonged to the girlfriend. Included in the house was a 2-month-old baby boy Tabor had with his girlfriend.

Tabor's daughter had only been living with him for just two months, according to Stancil. A court ruled late last year that Tabor would split custody of his daughter with the girl's mother in five month increments. Tabor was to care for the girl for the first half of 2010, said Stancil.

The girl's grandparents, who had been caring for the girl prior to the court's decision in their home in Montana, have since come to Yelm and have taken custody of the girl.

According to a Joseph Piek, a spokesman for the Lewis-McChord base where Tabor is assigned, Tabor is a helicopter repairer.

Tabor was assigned to Joint Base Lewis-McChord in December 2006 and was deployed with his unit to Iraq for 15 months from May 2007 to August 2008.

Since posting bail, Tabor has been restricted to the base and is living in his unit's barracks, according to Piek.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joshua-tabor-accused-waterboarding-young-daughter/story?id=9778116&page=1

ok which is gonna happen first, i get a tos for typing what i really think of this guy, or i put my fist thru a wall?
maybe we should start a poll.

this freaky is actually proud of what he did to her.......and excuses it away with her being 'mentally behind'. first off who is he, an expert? and water torture is gonna help her improve how exactly?? :furious::banghead:

Parts of the above article on page 1 made me so sick, I didn't want to copy it here. So, I left it out. I hope to God this child gets the love and care she needs.

I have to agree, although I think waterboarding would likely come up more between soldiers than in the general population. I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up after reading the articles. I know of it, but not about it. He obviously knew what it was and how it was used.

Sick. Just sick. I hate people some days.

Maybe I'm a little sensitive about the issue, having spent my whole life as a military dependent, but waterboarding is a technique the CIA is accused of using, not the Army. Waterboarding has been a War Crime since 1947 for military personnel. There is no reason that military personnel would know more about or talk more about waterboarding than the general population. Demonstrations of waterboarding were aired prominently on FOX News and CNN.

who uses it and for what reason has no bearing on this wacko using it on a pre schooler........obama banned it last year, apperently g.i. smoe didnt get the memo :(

From SearchforTruth's link.
"She said her letters after that," Tabor told the cops, admitting that he had grown frustrated with the girl after practicing the letters for "approximately three hours."

Gee, I wonder how frustrated the little girl was after three hours of alphabet recitation.
Let's give her an aversion water and literacy...that'll fix it.

And Thank You STEADFAST for setting me straight. I appreciate it.

he most likely had her so scared he would beat her again if she messed up that she took longer to make sure she got it right. then he went and flat out tortured her. yup. getting closer to losing it here. :(

From SearchforTruth's link.
"She said her letters after that," Tabor told the cops, admitting that he had grown frustrated with the girl after practicing the letters for "approximately three hours."

Gee, I wonder how frustrated the little girl was after three hours of alphabet recitation.
Let's give her an aversion water and literacy...that'll fix it.

And Thank You STEADFAST for setting me straight. I appreciate it.

:blowkiss:

Just wanted to point out that this guy did not waterboard his daughter because he is a soldier. He waterboarded her because he's a sadistic a-hole.

:blowkiss:

Just wanted to point out that this guy did not waterboard his daughter because he is a soldier. He waterboarded her because he's a sadistic a-hole.

That's the same thing I was getting at, I just didn't put it well.
He had to be damaged long before the military was ever a part of his life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back