WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
KIRO NEWS 7
9/25

Search Warrants Served In Missing Girl Case

The search warrant includes items such as hair, fibers and clothing Lindsey was last wearing -- anything that could lead investigators to her whereabouts, officials told Thompson.
A family of four lives at the property where the warrant was served. The family is being questioned and is being cooperative. - snip

http://www.kirotv.com/news/21116315/detail.html

Thank you so much boondock. I am so glad that you put up the links.. I could kiss ya.. This is wonderful news. Gives me much hope that LB will be found or at least in the right direction. Thank you again

Takes alot to get multiple search warrants granted by a judge. Looks like LE is working off of probable cause. Lindsey, all our positive energy for your return is being sent your way, hang in there baby girl. ~<3~

KOMO News 9/25

Search warrants issued in Lindsey Baum disappearance

Authorities are executing search warrants Friday at multiple locations in connection with the mysterious disappearance of an 11-year-old girl last June.

The searches, all in the McCleary area, are being carried out by the FBI, Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office and King County Sheriff's Office.

Lindsey Baum disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house in the small mill town of McCleary, and several searches have been carried out since then for her. None of them has turned up any evidence.

But an official said Friday that authorities have received new, credible information that there are locations in the McCleary area that may yield evidence to assist in the investigation. - snipped

link: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/61475637.html

this article has been updated, includes photo of residence near McCleary being searched

I'm visiting a friend in McCleary and there has been a lot of helicopter activity in the area for at least the last 40 minutes.

I'm visiting a friend in McCleary and there has been a lot of helicopter activity in the area for at least the last 40 minutes.

Thank you Sarah. I can only imagine how some of the folks in town are feeling at this time with the helicopters flying around. Hopefully they will locate Lindsey soon or at least some clues.

Thank you Sarah. I can only imagine how some of the folks in town are feeling at this time with the helicopters flying around. Hopefully they will locate Lindsey soon or at least some clues.
The last time I saw and heard so much helicopter activity here was during the initial big air searching pushes.

Another helicopter just arrived in the area, I think it was a KING 5 news copter.

Looks like KING and KOMO are going to be especially good to track as these stories develop. (Might have to become a member to view everything on KING, it is a quick sign process and free)

There now has been at least an hour of steady helicopter activity.

Does anyone posting orlurking recognize one of the properties being shown by KIRO news? Anyone surfing the net for others take on today?

Does anyone posting orlurking recognize one of the properties being shown by KIRO news? Anyone surfing the net for others take on today?
KIRO Can you post link to the photos? I do see this video that includes a phone interview with Lindsey's mom.

I haven't seen these boards so quiet since members posting here went quiet after silly petty posting concerning thank you notes. Where is everyone ? Sara C so glad your here to inform us. I just don't have it in me to check other sites today. I know from all the messages left to me over the course of Lindsey's case that many of our locals are probably effected by the turn of events so prayers to all and hugs to get through the day!

KIRO Can you post link to the photos? I do see this video that includes a phone interview with Lindsey's mom.
Boondock put the link on page one. Nasty looking farm house! Let me know if you find it. Sara C your our Lois Lane ! ~<3~

I believe from the new post it is near sandlake and foreman rd. I believe. Wonder if it is close that trailer a while ago we were looking at related to the dreams.

I haven't seen these boards so quiet since members posting here went quiet after silly petty posting concerning thank you notes. Where is everyone ? Sara C so glad your here to inform us. I just don't have it in me to check other sites today. I know from all the messages left to me over the course of Lindsey's case that many of our locals are probably effected by the turn of events so prayers to all and hugs to get through the day!
I agree, prayers and hugs to everyone! If all of us by our willpower alone could have brought Lindsey home safe and sound- she would have been home much much sooner.

Lots of folks might be quiet because they are following the story online via news sites. Here in McCleary it is usually kinda quiet this time of day, kids in school, many folks at work. I don't hear the helicopters anymore and I sure am jumpy, hope we hear good news soon.

Here is the photo of one of the homes they are searching SarahH! :wink:

Story Published: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM PDT
Story Updated: Sep 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM PDT
<snipped>
Video shot by KOMO News' Air 4 showed law enforcement personnel combing at least two sites near McCleary on Friday.

At one site, investigators in protective clothing were probing an area near an old, abandoned house and large shed.

At another location, about one-eighth mile away near the intersection of Old Sand Creek Road, North Sand Creek Road and Foreman Road, a mobile King County Sheriff's Office command post was set up at a residence surrounded by junk cars.

Investigators in protective clothing gather evidence from the porch of a dilapidated house near McCleary, after search warrants were issued in connection with the disappearance of Lindsey Baum, 11.
090925_lindsey_baum_search4.jpg

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/61475637.html

FYI: I also started a "Current News Thread with this breaking news in the case! There are several videos posted (not sure if someone posted them here or not! That way any new videos or updates can be found in one quick place for today! :winko:

Thanks KageyKaren for letting me know about the searches today...I checked her links earlier this morning & wouldn't have known about it till later today...I ususally check for updates for a case every few hrs!

I pray they find some answers today....Lindsey needs to be found! :prayer:

2009.09.25 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***
2009.09.25 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE *** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:angel:

Here is the photo of one of the homes they are searching SarahH! :wink:

Story Published: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM PDT
Story Updated: Sep 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM PDT
<snipped>
Video shot by KOMO News' Air 4 showed law enforcement personnel combing at least two sites near McCleary on Friday.

At one site, investigators in protective clothing were probing an area near an old, abandoned house and large shed.

At another location, about one-eighth mile away near the intersection of Old Sand Creek Road, North Sand Creek Road and Foreman Road, a mobile King County Sheriff's Office command post was set up at a residence surrounded by junk cars.

Investigators in protective clothing gather evidence from the porch of a dilapidated house near McCleary, after search warrants were issued in connection with the disappearance of Lindsey Baum, 11.
090925_lindsey_baum_search4.jpg

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/61475637.html

FYI: I also started a "Current News Thread with this breaking news in the case! There are several videos posted (not sure if someone posted them here or not! That way any new videos or updates can be found in one quick place for today! :winko:

Thanks KageyKaren for letting me know about the searches today...I checked her links earlier this morning & wouldn't have known about it till later today...I ususally check for updates for a case every few hrs!

I pray they find some answers today....Lindsey needs to be found! :prayer:

2009.09.25 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***
2009.09.25 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE *** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:angel:
Thanks! My friend who has lived in this area for years doesn't recognize the specific place they are showing, it looks to be some distance away from a paved road.

All the helicopters I heard earlier would have been working on that area, fits the direction I saw them in.

Reports of "credible information", all the warrants, and 50 some searchers lined up to work through the week end sure is heartening to hear about.

I am so excited to see some movement on this case...:woohoo:
Lets hope that they will find what they need to bring Lindsey home..

That place is scary :(

Hope Lindsey is home soon....I may not post like I used to but she is still a big part of my heart.

What broke you guys? Can someone give me the skinny while I try to read and get caught up?

Does anyone know if these 2 areas named on the search warrants were previously searched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph