WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the right thread, but in regards to DL and the Myspace Rick being one and the same, I'm almost positive they are not. DL was booked into Grays Harbor County Jail on July 1st with no bail. He is still in custody. He is not allowed to have a cell phone, so he couldn't have updated the Rick myspace page. I've also seen other pics of DL, including the one taken on 7/5/09 as part of his booking, and he isn't the same man as Rick from myspace. I can see the resemblance, but like I said, I'm 98% positive they are not the same.
Not trying to discourage anyone, just giving my two cents worth.
Here is the jail booking info: http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/RegisterDetail.asp?SrchBookNo=172886
If you click on the ID link in the upper left, you will see all the rest of his bookings for different charges, which might be interesting.

They are posting about it in the Misc thread.

I agree with you.. plus this Rick guy lives in California. I found his girlfriend/wife what ever she is and her (theirs?) kids.

And I talked to someone in the corrections department.. DRL is still in jail and will be for awhile. He's been questioned about Lindsey (he volunteered) and as of right now is clear of any thing connected.

Sigh...I can't believe we are on thread #5 and Lindseys birthday has come to pass and still relly nothing definate from LE. Kids don't just vanish into thin air ! Although I can say that it sure seems like little Haleigh Cummings just vanished as well. My prayers go out to both families may we bring them home safe.

This is how I feel. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. It's a small town - it shouldn't be this difficult - but there is so much water and forest and so little information.

I'm starting to think about the basics here - Occam's razor and all that. So I'm going to change my focus. I do believe that she knew her abductor. She may not have known him well but she knew him. I do not think it was someone older necessarily. He could have been an older teen that she thought was cute who offered her a ride home.

This was a crime of opportunity. Only a few people knew she was going to be alone that night because she wasn't supposed to be. At this point I don't even know if I believe it was someone who had offended before but it could have been someone who had been watching her or was infatuated by her and seized the moment.

I don't know if there is any truth to the white car following her but maybe the locals could help us out there. How many people who know Lindsey drive white cars? How many close neighbors drive white cars?

Am I making any sense???

If you watch the videos and look at jvks pictures of McCleary you will find that white cars are very popular.

Out of every 20 cars.. 15 are probably white.

I guess the county arrest records are not being checked by anyone.
Guy was arrested at 1:15 today.
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/sheriff/JailRegisters/TodaysBookings.asp
:sleuth:Good thing you are! This guy is charged with RCW 9A.44.073:

RCW 9A.44.073
Rape of a child in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of rape of a child in the first degree when the person has sexual intercourse with another who is less than twelve years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least twenty-four months older than the victim.

(2) Rape of a child in the first degree is a class A felony.

[1988 c 145 § 2.]

A closer look: i just noticed that also, i think that's because Okanogan county on the 30th is where/when he was originally picked up (on the same charge)

If i had to guess he was transferred to Greys today (that or the other log is behind)

ok, I talked to my husband (he knows how to read the arrest records).. this guy was originally arrested in May of 09, released on bail and was picked up again today because it looks as if he skipped out on his pre arraignment.

Tomorrow I will find a link to the story I remember being in the paper a while ago about this guy (or at least I think it's the same guy)
if it is..
It is classified (by law) as rape but the girl consented to the sex, they are from Mexico where I guess the relationship was ok.. but once in the US, it was not.

A closer look: i just noticed that also, i think that's because Okanogan county on the 30th is where/when he was originally picked up (on the same charge)

If i had to guess he was transferred to Greys today (that or the other log is behind)

Ah! Thank you! I totally missed that those rap sheets were from another county.

ok, I talked to my husband (he knows how to read the arrest records).. this guy was originally arrested in May of 09, released on bail and was picked up again today because it looks as if he skipped out on his pre arraignment.

Tomorrow I will find a link to the story I remember being in the paper a while ago about this guy (or at least I think it's the same guy)
if it is..
It is classified (by law) as rape but the girl consented to the sex, they are from Mexico where I guess the relationship was ok.. but once in the US, it was not.

Than you JenniferO. Although I could never wrap my head around the situation, that circumstance would certainly be isolated and he'd likely not be stalking other children.

Thanks for anything you can dig up on it!

Lindsey story was on NG bout 20min ago here w/TDW reporter. Took a couple calls. Not sure if it was just a rerun of earlier or not.

So we can clear this one from our minds, then?

I believe so. I'm headed to bed right now but I can have more info tomorrow afternoon. If this is the guy I'm thinking of then we can stop looking at him.

You know, I spend a lot of time in small towns and one thing is for sure; in a town of 1,555 people everyone knows everything and sees everything. A strange car gets attention and everyone watches out for the children. Here we have a little girl who walks a few blocks from her friend's house, alone, and disappears without a trace.

No strange people in the neighborhood, no strange cars? I need some answers please and I don't need links, just facts.

Who is the neighbor who sent the 12 year old brother back home?

Am I correct that LE has cleared Mom, Mom's BF, Friend's Mom and Friends' Mom's BF?

Would the video at the Shell Station have captured her crossing 3rd St. if she had indeed crossed 3rd?

Is this a residential neighborhood?

Are there sidewalks?

Are there streetlights?

Is there a traffic signal located where she would cross 3rd St. where it intersects with the Friend's Street? Stop sign?

She was last seen at 9:15pm as she was walking down the street, towards 3rd. in the direction away from Friend's house?

At 10:00pm, Mom was looking for her to be home and called Friend's Mom only to learn that the child left at least 45 minutes ago for a 10 minute walk. No one saw her after 10:00pm. So, our time frame is what 9:15-10:00pm?

If she didn't cross 3rd, and she was walking to 3rd at 9:15pm it is safe to say that she disappeared between the 9:15 sighting and 3rd St. That is the space of what, a block?

What are the chances that a pedophile is just at that moment cruising this obscure little town and by sheer coincidence, happens upon a child walking on this obscure little road? I think slim. Stranger abductions are rare to begin with.

Someone from that town, who knows this child and her family, took her, and she is dead. If I get some answers to my questions, I can pin it down further.

JMNSHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member