WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks...I finally decided to join in...just because I wanted to see the pictures ....etc and everyone leaves ... it figures..

There are still a lot of people here. The case is at such a standstill, and everyone's pretty much exhausted all possible theories... so that's why it's kinda quite around here.

Stick around... It'll pick back up soon. should be getting forensics back anytime.

OMG...I already tried this and it did not work....(posting) I feel bad that this crime has not been solved...so the only thing I have heard.....RUMOR..This girl told me that she thought her X bf was involved because he was dating a girl from the Hair Academy......and he was obsessed with Ted Bundy and that Bundy's last name used to be Cowell. I just threw this out...I thought it was weird someone would say something like that....but whatever..huh???:waitasec:

I'd like to add my "welcome" to WS as well. Thanks for posting! The thread at times ebbs and flows. All it takes is for some new information to come to light, and before you know it, there are pages to have to catch up on.

I may not post too much, but I do check in almost every day to see if there is something new, always hoping that I will find out that an arrest has been made.

OMG...I already tried this and it did not work....(posting) I feel bad that this crime has not been solved...so the only thing I have heard.....RUMOR..This girl told me that she thought her X bf was involved because he was dating a girl from the Hair Academy......and he was obsessed with Ted Bundy and that Bundy's last name used to be Cowell. I just threw this out...I thought it was weird someone would say something like that....but whatever..huh???:waitasec:

Welcome to WS, glad to have you here!! :crazy:

ok i am finally gonna speak up as well, i was born and raised in wenatchee and im some what shocked at how long this is actually taking, i know that alot of you have been following this case closely so im going to throw my self to the wolves and ask.. Do any of you think the LE know more then they are telling us
?

I expect we would know by now if there was 'smoking gun' evidence in this case.

So much seemingly inaccurate information has rolled through these threads and elsewhere, with at least some of it being contradictory that it seems impossible to complete a coherent jigsaw puzzle. There are too many pieces .. but not enough correct pieces.

What is a MOST LIKELY motive?

Given what we believe we know (BFT, strangled, stabbed, 'head covered'), I suspect any of the following:
  1. jealousy - revenge
  2. witness to / knowledge
  3. random

• Did one / some of Mackenzie's girl 'friends' believe she was too popular amongst certain male friends?
  • Did other people speak too highly of Mackenzie while in certain company?
When I thought about this possibly being a revenge killing I recalled a particular disorder that might include in the perp's profile ...

Did those conditions result in a 'someone' becoming so angry and injured because that 'someone' believed him/herself as being 'better' than most, and quite particularly 'better' than Mackenzie? A narcissist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_rage

Narcissistic rage is the uncontrollable and unexpected anger that results from a narcissistic injury. Narcissistic injury is a threat to a narcissist’s self-esteem or worth. Rage comes in many forms, but all pertain to the same important thing, revenge.

Narcissistic rages are based on fear and will endure even after the threat is gone.[5] To the narcissist, the rage is directed towards the person that they feel has slighted them; to other people, the rage is incoherent and unjust.

This rage impairs their cognition, therefore impairing their judgment. During the rage they are prone to shouting, fact distortion and making groundless accusations. It is believed that narcissists have two layers of rage. The first layer of rage can be thought of as a constant anger (towards someone else), and the second layer being a self-aimed wrath. Two specific identified forms of narcissistic rage are explosive and passive-aggressive.

The explosive form being an obvious anger, for example, damaging property (or people) and being verbally abusive. The passive-aggressive sort might be sulking or giving their target the silent treatment. They can become enraged to the point of being homicidal especially if he/she has the need to seek revenge.[6]

Narcissistic rage is usually short-term, but can provoke problems with those towards whom the anger is targeted.
  • Are narcissistic symptoms presenting in any of Mackenzie's friends?
  • Is that person now more calm and self-assurred but also now depressed and shameful?
  • The 'rage' would have been present for some tiime after the murder, and in fact might still be present to a degree.
  • IF that revenge was directed toward a member of MC's family I expect it would be toward WC / RC (this is outside the realm of the 'someone' feeling threatened by MC as MC would be involved only to amplify the revenge against a parent{s}).
moo moO mOO MOO <|> OOm OOm Oom oom

ok i am finally gonna speak up as well, i was born and raised in wenatchee and im some what shocked at how long this is actually taking, i know that alot of you have been following this case closely so im going to throw my self to the wolves and ask.. Do any of you think the LE know more then they are telling us
?

We KNOW they aren't telling us A LOT! It's so frustrating! :banghead:

I, for one, absolutely do think that LE does know more than they are telling us, as well as who committed the crime. I think that they are simply waiting to have all of the forensic information back so that they can make a solid case. While waiting and having no new information is frustrating for those of us in the community who would like to see justice served, I have not lost faith that justice will, in the end, be served. I still believe that the crime was personal in nature, and that the perpetrator(s) is/are not being viewed by LE as necessarily a threat to the community at large. That being said, it is my best guess that whoever did this is under heavy surveillance. I am still placing my bets on one perpetrator with an accomplice after the fact. If that is true, I can see why the investigation would be more complex.

Also, I keep thinking that it might be helpful for LE to throw something out there besides reward money to try to get information. I can't quit thinking about the person who from my point of view was almost asking for some kind of direction in his/her comments in response to the last WW article. That person was asking why LE is not offering up some kind of immunity to gain information. I do not know why LE could not simply put something out there that says if you have info and are afraid to come forward fearing LE, maybe you should contact a reputable attorney anonymously and ask the attorney to negotiate with LE for the information. I don't know, maybe that only happens on TV.

I agree LE knows lots more than the public has been told to protect the integrity of the case. The forensics in this case are overwhelming when you think about it. All the swabbing and dna taking. Blood--whose?...murder weapon(s)...different locations and the car....... toxicology from the autopsy.... then--way out in left field, if MC was pg, that is a whole other line of dna testing.....When the results are in, I would expect a LE update but am not holding my breath. It is very frustrating, and scary to think that whoever did this is walking or driving around town, scot free. Any news would be welcome.

I agree LE knows lots more than the public has been told to protect the integrity of the case. The forensics in this case are overwhelming when you think about it. All the swabbing and dna taking. Blood--whose?...murder weapon(s)...different locations and the car....... toxicology from the autopsy.... then--way out in left field, if MC was pg, that is a whole other line of dna testing.....When the results are in, I would expect a LE update but am not holding my breath. It is very frustrating, and scary to think that whoever did this is walking or driving around town, scot free. Any news would be welcome.

Hi B Buzz, I doubt LE will give out any info unless they feel it will further the investigation. There aren't even document dumps in WA when someone is charged, and as we have learned in Lindsey Baum's case, LE holds almost everything close to the vest except when they use the media as a tool to hopefully get new info about something.

Questions: The girl who told you, that she thought her ex bf (who is "her"? the girl sharing the rumor, or MC?) was involved....because he was dating a girl from Hair Academy (who is "he," the ex BF of the girl who told you?) Sorry I am confused. Who was obsessed with Ted Bundy and the Cowell name?

Thanks for explaining.

Questions: The girl who told you, that she thought her ex bf (who is "her"? the girl sharing the rumor, or MC?) was involved....because he was dating a girl from Hair Academy (who is "he," the ex BF of the girl who told you?) Sorry I am confused. Who was obsessed with Ted Bundy and the Cowell name?

Thanks for explaining.

The girl was not MC. I don't think she knows her. The "girl" told me she thought her own ex bf was involved. She said he was obsessed with Ted Bundy and also he was dating someone from the Academy. She said they had been questioned by LE. Just thought it was odd.

Thanks...I finally decided to join in...just because I wanted to see the pictures ....etc and everyone leaves ... it figures..

?

:Welcome-12-june: aboard, 2Shy and Rosal84! Nice to have you join us! :)

2Shy, don't fret ... we still have a good group posting here! As more evidence becomes available, I'm pretty sure things will get hopping again!

Rosa, I'm certain LE knows a lot more than they are telling us! A lot of people think they are just dotting their Is and crossing their ts.
As investigations in general go .... it's still pretty early, even though to us it seems like it's taking forever!

I hope you both enjoy your memberships at Websleuths! :dance:

The girl was not MC. I don't think she knows her. The "girl" told me she thought her own ex bf was involved. She said he was obsessed with Ted Bundy and also he was dating someone from the Academy. She said they had been questioned by LE. Just thought it was odd.

Oh, this sounds like JVW from about Thread 1 or 2. I'm sure a few of you remember?

If I remember correctly, someone here posted about it back near the beginning and his initials are JVW. Correct?

I wonder if LE ever checked him out? Didn't he boot-scoot right out of town?
:waitasec:

If I remember correctly, someone here posted about it back near the beginning and his initials are JVW. Correct?

Wow..I am going to try and find that. Thank you. that gave me the creeps.

was that the guy who said on his MS or FB page that we was in TX to take care of family matters?

Wow..I am going to try and find that. Thank you. that gave me the creeps.

Hi Shy - I'm not sure that members post about this person are still up, as I'm pretty sure the person's full name was used. I did a preliminary search back on the first thread, and came up empty.

was that the guy who said on his MS or FB page that we was in TX to take care of family matters?

Hey NM - I'm fairly certain that the our member (who hasn't posted since the beginning) posted that JVW had boot-scooted to CA. But, I'm not sure.

If you're looking on MySpace for initials JVW:

29 / Male
ORONDO, US
Last Login: 4/22/2010

If you're looking on Facebook for initials JVW:

College: Wenatchee Valley

High School: Waterville High School '99

Employer: ME

Position: Being [Insert 3-word name here]

Last Login: 4/22/2010

Hope that helps.

I know someone that told me they were behind who they think was MC's ex boyfriend and a friend at a grocery store in line and heard them saying MC was in fact pregnant with a married guy named big john or something like that and he had a couple kids, and that the mothers boyfriend had been arrested. and that the moms boyfriend had been doing things to mc and maybe she threatened to tell her mom or something and he got mad??? this is rumor & speculation... not fact. I've also heard that she was supposed to meet someone from Seattle area that day.

there was also a rumor when she was first found that she was found propped sitting up with her arms tied around her back... i hope thats not to graphic or bad to put on here... someone told me they heard that on the scanner, its not a reliable source though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle