WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Grrrrrr....
I just hate that I cant read my local paper on line anymore..without subscribing. Irks me.
Looks like The WenWorld is gonna make me fork out the $$$ tonight.
Justice for Mac.

Awhile back I had read someones posting and a picture they posted of the ductape they said they had found after Mackenzie was found by police. It had said they took a daughter or someone to Crescent bar after she was found and seen ductape left by police there and they posted a picture also does anyone remember this article? I wanted to read this one again if anyone knows where it is?? :banghead:

I think the judge is correct in not letting those things into trial. Wilson should be convicted on evidence of the crime & IMO those things on the list are not evidence but character assassination. I want proper justice for Mackenzie, not a mistrial or endless appeals because of improper procedure. When is the trial scheduled for? I thought it was to start in January and it's already mid-April.

WENATCHEE — Christopher Scott Wilson rejected a manslaughter plea that could have sent him to prison for less than seven years in the death of Mackenzie Cowell.

Yikes...I forgot the link!!!

Why is that chick not testifying, because she has her own charges?

Jury selection in the trial of Christopher Scott Wilson should begin Monday, with lawyers asking the judge to allow or discard pieces of evidence before the trial starts in earnest.

Jurors will be handed a questionnaire Monday morning asking what they know about the 2010 murder of Mackenzie Cowell, 17, and the case against Wilson, 31, charged with first-degree murder. In a May 3 hearing, assistant defense attorney Emma Scanlan said individual questionnaires will avoid airing the case out loud and “potentially infecting the entire panel.”

Juror candidates will be called back Tuesday afternoon for ongoing selection. In between, Chelan County Prosecutor Gary Riesen and defense lawyer led by John Henry Browne will present pretrial motions for Superior Court Judge John Bridges’s assessment.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/may/19/opening-days-what-to-expect-in-the-wilson-trial/

On Monday morning, 75 to 100 prospective jurors were asked to fill out a questionnaire at the Chelan County Courthouse.

Wilson is represented by high-profile attorney John Henry Browne. Browne also defended "The Barefoot Bandit" and the Army staff sergeant accused of killing 16 innocent Afghan civilians earlier this year.

Wilson recently turned down a plea agreement that would get him seven years in prison. If he is convicted, he faces a life sentence.

Prosecutors hope to have a jury seated and start the trial by Wednesday.
http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...egins/-/101214/13502770/-/bqthlp/-/index.html

Wilson reportedly rejected a 10-year plea deal after the defense won all of the major pretrial motions.

Browne said there are some cases in which he encourages clients to plead guilty, even if they're 100 percent innocent, because the deal is too good to turn down.

"This was like that," he said. "It's a significant risk for Chris, but he's maintaining his innocence, and I admire that in him."

At the same time, he said, "I'm very worried that he's turned down an offer that was very, very reasonable."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018246398_beautyschool20.html

she may be on the defense witness list. In that case, the Prosecution can cross examine her at trial.

I hope the local paper will cover the trial daily! Any local websleuthers out there that can get in and watch the trial?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keziah16
Back