WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

I'm so sorry Mackenzie... Your life is worth more then 14.5 years :(

Rest in peace pretty one...

wasn't he originally offered 6 years?

Disgusting. He plead guilty before they even tried to get a change of venue, which says to me that his lawyers knew he would probably be found guilty even if they did go somewhere else. I think he deserves more time but at least he didn't get the 6 years as first offered.

So another murderer goes free after serving a few years. Lovely.

We need to keep him on the radar and warn all women and children who live in whatever community he chooses to settle!

I am absolutely numb and sick to my stomach. I feel like the value of a human life means nothing anymore exactly because of cases such as this. What has happened to us as a society that a child's life is no longer revered, valued or protected? I just cannot understand and I know I am not alone in that thought.
May peace somehow, someway be found and may the empty void left in so many hearts be filled with the immense love and treasured memories of Mackenzie.

Yes, this is bullcrap. This is complete injustice.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/sep/14/former-cowell-suspect-overturns-conviction/

Former Cowell suspect overturns conviction

EPHRATA — A woman implicated in the investigation of Mackenzie Cowell’s 2010 murder successfully appealed an obstruction of justice conviction in Grant County.

Tessa M. Schuyleman, now 24, was convicted by a Grant County District Court judge in March 2011 of misdemeanor charges of giving a false statement and obstructing a public servant. On Wednesday, Grant County Superior Court John Knodell judge overturned the obstruction verdict and sent the false statement charge back for reconsideration by the lower court.

48 Hours is featuring the Mackenzie Cowell Case, Saturday, October 27, 2012.

And now we hear that the 48 Hours featuring the Mackenzie Cowell case will be aired on November 10 rather than on the last Saturday night in October.

Does anyone know about another video of Mac taken the day she disappeared. This is different than the surveillance video from the beauty school parking lot.

OMG I was just wondering what was going on with this case. This plea deal is HORRIBLE. They should have just changed venue and tried him for murder...or offered him at least 25-30. Prosecutorial lack of nads or something. Horrible. Are they star struck by his defense attorney? Will look forward to the 48 hour special.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/nov/05/48-hours-turns-camera-on-cowell-case/

48 Hours’ turns camera on Cowell case

WENATCHEE — CBS News’ true-crime program “48 Hours” airs its long-in-the-making feature on the 2010 homicide of Mackenzie Cowell on Saturday, 10 p.m. local time.

Aside from interviews with local police, family members of Cowell and Wilson, former Chelan County Prosecutor Gary Riesen and defense lawyer John Henry Browne, the producers also interviewed Wilson by phone from prison at Clallam Bay Corrections Center. "48 Hours'" website lists the episode title as "Secrets of the River."

Wenatchee KPQ Radio interview on 48 hours about Mackenzie: www.kpq.com
One of Wenatchee's most heinous murders will be documented tomorrow night on the CBS News program, 48 Hours. The documentary was produced by CBS News correspondent Peter Van Sant who joined us this morning for an interview on the KPQ Morning Update.

He described the case as one of the more intriguing stories he's covered on 48 Hours. During production Van Sant interviewed Cowell's murderer, Christopher Wilson several times. But he says Wilson was difficult to read. The hour-long documentary airs Saturday night at 10 pm on CBS.

Did you watch the "48 Hours" show Saturday night on Mackenzie? I'm not sure if it answered questions or just made more. But, I am clearer on why the deal was struck instead of going to trial. Any thougts?

Did you watch the "48 Hours" show Saturday night on Mackenzie? I'm not sure if it answered questions or just made more. But, I am clearer on why the deal was struck instead of going to trial. Any thougts?

I didn't come away from the show with a solid feeling that CW was guilty. It seems a bit hazy. There does not seem to be a lot of evidence, either way. Even the confession seems iffy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back