WA - Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau

I am BEGGING all of you to PLEASE boycott these television shows. We've got to draw the line someplace and NOT feed into these horrible tabloids.

Jeana (DP) said:
I am BEGGING all of you to PLEASE boycott these television shows. We've got to draw the line someplace and NOT feed into these horrible tabloids.
I'm with you Jeana :clap: :clap:
We were watching TV last night when they showed a teaser for the interview. Mary Hart and Jann Carl were talking about the interview and all the time Jann spent with them like it was Brad and Jenn.
This is not a Celeb wedding, this woman is a sexual offender of the worst kind!!
Would we all turn in to see what flowers other perverts are using in their wedding bouquets? I don't think so. :behindbar

Sudzi said:
We were watching TV last night when they showed a teaser for the interview. Mary Hart and Jann Carl were talking about the interview and all the time Jann spent with them like it was Brad and Jenn.
This is not a Celeb wedding, this woman is a sexual offender of the worst kind!!
Would we all turn in to see what flowers other perverts are using in their wedding bouquets? I don't think so. :behindbar
I agree. Not only are the televising this sickening event, but it's being portrayed as a happy ending. Her other children will be a part of this circus as well. In my opinion, the abuse continues.

Any word on whether they are televising the honeymoon? :bang: :hand:

Sudzi said:
I'm sorry, but child predators don't strike just one victim in their entire lives. These two (and I'll grant you it's odd) have more than proven they want to be together. She did her time for jumping the gun while he was a minor, and that debt is done. They are now both adults and relationship has lasted a long time. I hope they stay married once they get that way. There are already two children as a result of this relationship and we can hope good things for their sakes. I hope Mary is working towards making some ammends to her other children as well.

This was not a case of sexual child abuse in it's usual form. I agree she should have left him alone until he was of age, but they do seem to care about each other. He doesn't look like a man being held against his will. I know this won't be a popular point of view, but it's as I see it, and only my opinion.

Reactions: Emi
Ruth Serra said:
I'm sorry, but child predators don't strike just one victim in their entire lives. These two (and I'll grant you it's odd) have more than proven they want to be together. She did her time for jumping the gun while he was a minor, and that debt is done. They are now both adults and relationship has lasted a long time. I hope they stay married once they get that way. There are already two children as a result of this relationship and we can hope good things for their sakes. I hope Mary is working towards making some ammends to her other children as well.

This was not a case of sexual child abuse in it's usual form. I agree she should have left him alone until he was of age, but they do seem to care about each other. He doesn't look like a man being held against his will. I know this won't be a popular point of view, but it's as I see it, and only my opinion.
I'm just curious if your opinion would be the same if this had happened to your daughter with a male teacher?

Ruth Serra said:

The boy was 12 years old. Not even a teenager. If that's not "sexual child abuse" in its "usual form," then I'd like for you to tell me what is. Just because she didn't tie him down doesn't mean its not child abuse. Michael Jackson didn't tie down his victim(s) either, but he's on trial nonetheless.

Ruth Serra said:

Is there a usual form of sexual abuse, and because it's not "usual" it's ok? HELLO??? the boy was 12 years old!
She is a convicted sex offender, my point remains that they are not celeb's and not what I expect to see when I tune into Entertainment Tonight.

I gotta say I was more than a bit disturbed that Entertainment Tonight would make such a big deal about their upcoming wedding. As someone said, they are not celebrities and to make such a big deal about it is like saying what she did was ok. NOT! :mad: :banghead:

I will make sure NOT to watch ET Thursday.

Ya know, I also won't watch A&E's Growing up Gotti for the same reason. Why does the media insist on making celebrities out of criminals. Granted, Gotti's grandkids (so far) have not commited any crimes, but why give them a TV show just because their grandfather was responsible for hiring many people murdered?

I don't get it.... :banghead: :mad:

Jules said:
I will make sure NOT to watch ET Thursday.
:banghead: :mad:
:clap: :clap: Little by little people will see the insanity of this Celeb/Criminal thing. It's so wrong to reward the same people with fame that we have just punished.

Edited to include this:
email ET here
Let them know you will not be watching.

I keep thinking that I've now heard everything!!!!! BUT THIS IS SICK. IT IS GROSS AND THE MEDIA SHOULD BE ASHAMED. OMG NO MORALS????? If the tables were turned and this was a MAN MARRYING HIS VICTIM..... OH DOLLY!!!!!!! There would be court cases against these stations! THis is disgusting.

blueclouds said:
I keep thinking that I've now heard everything!!!!! BUT THIS IS SICK. IT IS GROSS AND THE MEDIA SHOULD BE ASHAMED. OMG NO MORALS????? If the tables were turned and this was a MAN MARRYING HIS VICTIM..... OH DOLLY!!!!!!! There would be court cases against these stations! THis is disgusting.
How could there be court cases? The boy is of legal age now. The media's purpose is to make money and as long as they find an audience they'll keep cranking out the slime. And they WILL find an audience.

csds703 said:
I'm just curious if your opinion would be the same if this had happened to your daughter with a male teacher?
Hi, that's a fair question. I would have been madder than a hatter at the time that my child was 12, who wouldn't have been? However, once the prison term was done and I saw they were going back together as adults I'd accept it, even if I didn't like it. What good would I be doing for any of us to do anything else?

After 21 it's their life, no one else's. Will those who oppose it admit they loved each other if they stay married until death parts them? I doubt it. I wish the best to them. That's all. Each case has it's own set of circumstances.

Ruth Serra said:
Hi, that's a fair question. I would have been madder than a hatter at the time that my child was 12, who wouldn't have been? However, once the prison term was done and I saw they were going back together as adults I'd accept it, even if I didn't like it. What good would I be doing for any of us to do anything else?

After 21 it's their life, no one else's. Will those who oppose it admit they loved each other if they stay married until death parts them? I doubt it. I wish the best to them. That's all. Each case has it's own set of circumstances.

True Ruth. In my opinion, however, since child molesters cannot be rehabilitated, they should either be in prison for life or shot.

Television stations will do anything for ratings. I have no desire to watch it and I won't. :slap:

Jeana (DP) said:
True Ruth. In my opinion, however, since child molesters cannot be rehabilitated, they should either be in prison for life or shot.
You are so much kinder than I am. I can't even put down in writing what I would want done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back