WA - Mary Kay Letourneau and Vili Fualaau

I think that at age 12 that poor kid was so traumatized tht he does think he loves her.
IMO this is just the result of her abuse.
Many vicitms react similair. (they like there abuser)

It is just a normal sign of abuse in many cases.
I am absolutley infuriated by this.

How dare the media glorify this?

And I'll take it one step further. If this had been a male teacher and a male student NOONE would think this ok regardless of time served.

This women should not be permitted to live in society.
She is a pedophile of the worst kind.
Because now she is justifying her sickness.

If it had been my 12 year old.......... Well lets just say some gators in the closest pond would have been well fed.
And I would happily go to prison myself KNOWING no other 12 year old would be a vicitm.

Jeana (DP) said:
I am BEGGING all of you to PLEASE boycott these television shows. We've got to draw the line someplace and NOT feed into these horrible tabloids.

Totally, one hundred percent agree with you, Jeana! I can't imagine watching this. YUCK.

Sally said:
How could there be court cases? The boy is of legal age now. The media's purpose is to make money and as long as they find an audience they'll keep cranking out the slime. And they WILL find an audience.
You can sue for indecency and inappropriate material. At least in Canada, we can go through the CRTC for certain shows to be stopped.

I mean come on, this is sick!!!!!!! WHO CARES if he's legal age. THE ONLY REASON THIS IS SENSATIONALIZED IS BECAUSE IT'S A WOMAN.... MARRYING HER VICTIM.

AGAIN, IF a man did this, raped a 12 year old, got her pregnant with HIS CHILDREN 2X'S..... and now wanted to marry her on TV??? The uproar.

This chick should have never ever been allowed around him again. :behindbar :behindbar

No shortage of controversy on this one. If shows such as this one got very low ratings when showing this type of material, they would abandon it in favor of celebrity news that garnered better ratings. And if hardly anyone followed this type of news, then the shows would gradually disappear.

blueclouds said:
You can sue for indecency and inappropriate material. At least in Canada, we can go through the CRTC for certain shows to be stopped.

I mean come on, this is sick!!!!!!! WHO CARES if he's legal age. THE ONLY REASON THIS IS SENSATIONALIZED IS BECAUSE IT'S A WOMAN.... MARRYING HER VICTIM.

AGAIN, IF a man did this, raped a 12 year old, got her pregnant with HIS CHILDREN 2X'S..... and now wanted to marry her on TV??? The uproar.

This chick should have never ever been allowed around him again. :behindbar :behindbar
I totally agree!!! This wedding is disgusting! :sick: :sick: :sick: Figures Ruth would stick up for her, she defends Scott Peterson too!:razz:

Sudzi said:
:clap: :clap: Little by little people will see the insanity of this Celeb/Criminal thing. It's so wrong to reward the same people with fame that we have just punished.

Edited to include this:
email ET here
Let them know you will not be watching.
Email Entertainment Tonight at the link above and let them know you don't consider this entertainment~and you won't be watching.

Access Hollywood's Billy Bush had a comment on this last night,he said ET and The Insider paid 1 million dollars to the couple for the interview and then went on to say that Access Hollywood doesn't pay sex offenders money for interviews,they would rather interview real celebrities.

I live in Washington state. Same as them. Ya'll know what I think they should do with sex offenders. I believe MKL groomed Vilie and took advantage of him. I am not sure she is a danger to other children, but why chance it? She should be put away forever imo. These shows making a big to do about their weddings are desperate for ratings. And if the tables were reveresed it would be a HUGE problem. She is a criminal, she deserves no glory or attention. I am sure she is getting paid alot for all her interviews. The place where they live is too nice and she has spending "issues." Also Villie and his mom sued the state that the school district was in guilty of the molestation. So call it what you will. I CALL IT CRAP!!!!!!!! Next year when he dumps her it will be on the news again.................

Sudzi said:
:clap: :clap: Little by little people will see the insanity of this Celeb/Criminal thing. It's so wrong to reward the same people with fame that we have just punished.

Edited to include this:
email ET here
Let them know you will not be watching.
Thank you for the email link. I will not be watching this female pedophile marry her victim either. It is certainly not a celebration to see this farce played out on television. I don't even see any humor in this event. Doubtful this "marriage" will last for very long.

I thought most states had laws that dictated a criminal could not profit off of their crime??

I pretty positive that they got paid (and well) to telivise this.
If this were just any older women marrying a 22 year old they wouldn't be paid to telivise it.
They are being paid because of the crime that predicated this.. Her crime..

How is that legal??

MaryKate said:
I thought most states had laws that dictated a criminal could not profit off of their crime??

I pretty positive that they got paid (and well) to telivise this.
If this were just any older women marrying a 22 year old they wouldn't be paid to telivise it.
They are being paid because of the crime that predicated this.. Her crime..

How is that legal??

The Supreme Court struck down the Son of Sam law.

Thanks DP.
I guess I hadn't heard that.

I just can't beleive that she can profit from all of this.

Something that is irking me on this situation is the way the media glosses over it saying he was a 'MINOR' at the time. I suppose that is the correct term, but just calling him a 'minor' and saying he was 'underage' makes it sound like he was 16 or 17 years old. The truth of the matter is that he was just a CHILD. 12 years old and in the 6th grade !!

Geez, my own son is a year older than that !! And he is just a baby !! His voice hasnt even changed yet and his feet havent quit growing !!

If the media MUST report on this, I think it would sound more accurate if the media reported that she started her love affair with him when he was a CHILD.

Lauren said:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :banghead: :slap: :( :mad: :doh: :hand: :bang: :razz: :confused: :sick:
^^^^^^ I agree. I have to say I was stupid enough to watch ET just before my favorite soap opera so I would know what time it was. I have to tell you, MKL looked VERY young and F looked quite a bit older. It was funny when you would seen MKL look at him not only as a lover but as a "teacher" or maybe "parent" what a sick world we live in to give bonifide child molesters time on any television show. To think that MKL other four children plus her two new ones will have to be involved in this marriage is sickening. I think all the children should be taken away and MKL and Filli sent to a far away island to screw till their eyes fall out and prevent anyone else here in good ole America from thinking this is okay behavior.

:behindbar :furious: :banghead: :snooty: she should still be behind bars, he should be livid and the kids should quit banging their heads against the walls and run. MKL and V should be ashamed.

Did the wedding actually happen? and ET aired them???
Sorry, I just read this thread!
This is disgusting!!!

kay_letourneau.jpg

Pity! They make such a nice couple.

This according to "New Idea" magazine April 1,2006
American cradle snatcher Mary Kay Letourneau's marriage to her former teen pupil is on the rocks, say insiders.
Friends are adament that the 44-year-old convicted predator, who served seven yeears for her sexual affair with then 13-year-old Vili Faulaau, has lost her allure for the young father of her two children.
Vili, now 22, is partying hard using the $1.6 million they got for selling the TV rights to their story. He's staying out late, drinking and flirting with girls.
"He goes out at night to meet up with younger friends," says a pal.
"She feels out of place with them. She's old enough to be their mum."
Insiders say Vili is having a hard time facing up to his responsibilites of being a father to their children. Audrey, nine, and Alexis, eight.
"Now Mary Kay expects Vili to be a strong father figure at home," says another friend.
The insider says Mary Kay resents being stuck at home while her art student hubby is out living it up, and his recent arrest for drink-driving hasn't helped.
"She was worried sick over his drinking and driving arrest. She realises her dreams of having a perfect household are far from reality," says the source.
Vili is now facing up to a year in prison and/or a $8000 fine.

And she expected what?????????? PLATO? EINSTEIN? Good god. How is she able to raise THESE KIDS? She's a very terribly ill woman.

MARK MY WORDS, SHE'LL DO SOMETHING????!!!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT, BUT SOMETHING DESTRUCTIVE IN ORDER TO GET THE ATTENTION BACK ON HERSELF.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back