GUILTY WA - Nicole Pietz, 32, found strangled, Lynnwood, 28 Jan 2006

Good morning geevee, do you think the jury might be out a long time - short time? I remember the judge saying lawyers must be 15 minutes away from court room. There was a question about lunch time , if that still applied then. Lol. So, I am thinking maybe jurors set their own lunch hour. Oh, I dunno ! I think / hope there will be a verdict today.

Good morning geevee, do you think the jury might be out a long time - short time? I remember the judge saying lawyers must be 15 minutes away from court room. There was a question about lunch time , if that still applied then. Lol. So, I am thinking maybe jurors set their own lunch hour. Oh, I dunno ! I think / hope there will be a verdict today.

'Morning ohoh, I was a little surprised too that the judge required everyone to remain within 15 minutes of the courtroom, did he realize that means all of us also have to stick close to our devices with such little notice time? lol

I've been thinking that over this morning, how much time will the jury need? I think the prosecution did a terrific job of laying out their case and then making it clear to the jury, so to me any lengthy amount of time would be more likely caused by a split. I think that's unlikely though, between the prosecution's 'very little if any doubt' backed by facts theory and the defense's 'whose to know? it's all in doubt' backed by arm waving theory, I think the choice is pretty clear.

The main area of confusion I would think is in the charges/instructions, is there a lesser included or if he's guilty of the first charge he's guilty of the second (and is there also a third? They were going through A, B and C yesterday and I got confused). There will probably be a few questions on that, but otherwise I'll be surprised if we don't have a verdict by the day's end, before lunch tomorrow at the outside.

Holy Hannah, Kirov not working for me, can not check over there. Am counting on you guys, potboiler, Zooey, bravo and ALL.

I have a twit search page open on it, hopefully someone will update us on what's happening there, the divas and a few other bloggers (plus WAT) have been paying attention.

Verdict Clock

10/10/13: 9:00 a.m. -

I'm keeping the page open on wild's site so I can see his tweets. Not sure how else to keep track.

Yikes is right, grinding beans for second pot, tapping foot...

Every time I refresh and go past Gee's verdict clock post, the jeopardy
final countdown theme song starts in my head. Gaaaaaaaaa.

:scared:

Maybe we'll get word whether the jury goes out or stays in for lunch, should be in about 20 minutes, give or take.

does anyone know of any trial going on right now? wat has up this bobby thompson trial but most times I check I have the freeway not a trial....gah. No Live Feeds ick.

I have to head out here shortly. Hope when I check in late tonight I find a verdict has been reached :please:

does anyone know of any trial going on right now? wat has up this bobby thompson trial but most times I check I have the freeway not a trial....gah. No Live Feeds ick.

No others that I'm aware of, the MacNeill trial is supposed to be starting next week (Tues.?) I think but it's probably jury selection.

Have been thinking of the high points of the trial, well...not really ! I have appreciated this no nonsense judge, but remember the day he spilled his tea, and mentioned something about retiring? He asked camera guy if that had been taped, and the lawyers were holding back loud guffaws ?

AMY CLANCY ‏@Amy_Clancy 6m Jurors in the #davidpietz murder trial taking an hour lunch break. Deliberations begin again at 1pm PDT. @KIRO7Seattle

Verdict Clock

10/10/13: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.,

Total 3 hours

AMY CLANCY ‏@Amy_Clancy 6m Jurors in the #davidpietz murder trial taking an hour lunch break. Deliberations begin again at 1pm PDT. @KIRO7Seattle

Verdict Clock

10/10/13: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.,

Total 3 hours

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! Maybe verdict after lunch?

This sure makes me appreciate those times when we had folks in the courtroom.
Knowing the demeanor of the jury, were they hanging out together etc.

For sure, potboiler. Remember Bill Schaffer and Kathi Beli----, from that trial I try not to think about because of the verdict. Loved hearing their take on things. But what I really did appreciate in this trial was - NO SIDEBARS.

I would think they would really try hard for a verdict today. I just realized monday is a holiday and they wouldn't be back till tuesday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5
Back