WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that there is a third person in this equation that we are missing? Maybe he was dumped because someone only wanted her? Just throwing it out there.

I don't see how that fits with all her appearances buying liquor, asking for directions, ordering a corn dog, etc.

I think it needs to be confirmed on here for once and for all if she got stuck in water straight away....

I was under the assumption as perabove that it was low tide and she DIDNT get stuck in the water but the tide then came in......

However I have noted that posters are saying that maybe when she got stuck in the water they got out of the car and somehow drowned........

So I am now confused........

Also as someone mentioned above....those tracks cant be hers as we know the car got submerged so would have washed them away.....

well that is what I am assuming anyhow....

can someone please clarify both of the above for me.......thank you....

What doors were open exactly? I know the hatch for sure, but wasn't sure of which doors were found open?

I got the impression from the 911 call that those folks have had people down on that beach before looking for I think he said "shell fish". Maybe there was somebody else down on that beach besides them.

The strange thing that I don't understand is that the keys are not in the ingnition so if they woke up with water coming in she didn't even try to turn the lights on.

It is possible to turn lights on without the key in ignition.

Not knowing what time they actually arrived there its hard to tell if the van was actually in water or on the waters edge when they got stuck.

ps....by the way....as I am sitting here on my computer it is 4.20 pm and where I live in North Queensland is under threat by a cyclone which is expected to hit the coast tommorrow morning....at this stage it isnt a totally dangerous one.....but just thought it ironic about the dangers people can get and get into..........cyclone is southern hemisphere version of a hurricane.......

RIP Azriel......beautiful name.......so sad

She didn't roll down a window either so maybe she did get the door open, so she could see what was going on. I don't think there was enough light to see the massive amount of water out the window.
This is making less sense all the time.

She drove in there, got stuck nd took the keys out of the ignition. WHY

that was an oyster bed wasn't it.

g'nite, this is too perplexing
God Bless little Azriel. And thank you for bringing little Zoey home.

BecausE no matter what, even if at high tide the waters only rolled in at a height of calf level, and most liky they would have been atleast several inches higher in order for the interior to have. Had water enter it or for it to sweep them out of the car or even sweep them both out to if they were out of car. So given this as a pretty much guaranteed fact to some degree,for sure. So knowing thIs there is no possible way those van doors would have Stayed wide open. Parked with the back of van facing water, when the high tides rushed in and then immediately with a great deal of force(I know this from personal experience)They immediately rush with just as much, if not more force than when it rushed in. The force would most definately close those doors, if not on the first tide rushing back out but would definately within a matter of a few rushing high tides. This would indeed be true. So how is it that there were doors found wide open???

She drove in there, got stuck nd took the keys out of the ignition. WHY

To go to sleep.
In case a property owner called the police mistaken belief that she could talk her way out of another DUI if the keys aren't in the ignition (false in this state btw...). Because she was drunk and making bad decisions.

Hi everyone, just took a couple hours to read through the last threads.
My heart is so broken - I watched the video of little Az goofing off in front of the camera in the store - and he just reminded me so much of my own son - in looks and behavior. Made my eyes well up, since I know that only hours later that beautiful, joyous child was dead. He will never be able to grow up and be a thoughtful, successful young man like my son. So very sad!:( What a precious child.
Ok, now that said, I agree with you JustMe. Sometimes I can just get a "feeling" about people - and I am suspicious about this guy. Does not seem sincere. Seems controlling. Maybe he thought she should just be able to "handle" her drinking like a normal person - thus the beer while on vacation. No clue or insight about the disease of addiction.
I don't buy his story either. Does not sit well, sound reasonable, or make a lot of sense. There is a lot of missing time here, folks. So we are to believe that SS left at 4:30 PM, he left around the same time (although I thought his cub scout meeting was supposed to last til 6:30), both were going in the same direction for a 2 hour drive, yet went separately? Not very reasonable.
Something happened between the two of them in the day or hours prior to that trip. She may have wanted to separate, fought about it, another man/woman, ?
All that craziness about the phones dead, left behind, etc. is strange. I can understand one of the couple had no phone, but both at the same time? Unlikely in today's era of dependence on cell phones 24/7.
As for SS's behavior. IMO she purposely was killing time by driving around aimlessly. She wanted her alcohol, and did not want anyone close to her to see that she was drinking. I want to know what happened between the pizza stop and the supposed bang on the neighbors garage (if that was indeed linked to this situation). That is many hours.
Where exactly was RS - can anyone help me with this - his alibi time line, I cannot remember. I do know he supposedly stopped to "repair" his motorcycle for an hour? What? Why did it have to be done just then when he was expected to meet up w/ SS? My hink-o-meter is rising...
Yea, SS was a using alcoholic, and her behavior will be difficult to predict - when in the depths of the disease, all bets are off, and any behavior is possible. Even the most loving mother may harm their child - and from the records presented here, she has issues with caring for poor AZ and staying sober.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/photos/galleries/2010/mar/16/shantina-smiley-disappearance/8911/

Help was right at the top of that hill. I just wonder why she didn't persistently try to get someone's attention.

This has and is my thought all along. She wasn't afraid to go to strangers home(obvious by her stop at Williams' ho
e) but like I said before, what seems glaringly apparent from the photos, is that the house was so close in proximity to even where the vN ended up, not to mention even closer while making the circles, etc on the beach. Wouldn't both or atleast one of them be screaming for help or just out or terror be screaming? That house is within feet of the van. Wouldn't they have clearly heard the screams from the house. (especially with the quiet of such a remote area? )Even if both mom and son were asleep when tide rolled in they wouldve awoken from the 40 degree water sweeping into the car. They would be screaming for their lives, or atleast for sure the 8yr old

I think it needs to be confirmed on here for once and for all if she got stuck in water straight away....

I was under the assumption as perabove that it was low tide and she DIDNT get stuck in the water but the tide then came in......

However I have noted that posters are saying that maybe when she got stuck in the water they got out of the car and somehow drowned........

So I am now confused........

Also as someone mentioned above....those tracks cant be hers as we know the car got submerged so would have washed them away.....

well that is what I am assuming anyhow....

can someone please clarify both of the above for me.......thank you....

Could the tracks be from the tow truck?

ps....by the way....as I am sitting here on my computer it is 4.20 pm and where I live in North Queensland is under threat by a cyclone which is expected to hit the coast tommorrow morning....at this stage it isnt a totally dangerous one.....but just thought it ironic about the dangers people can get and get into..........cyclone is southern hemisphere version of a hurricane.......

RIP Azriel......beautiful name.......so sad

Yikes! Be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members