WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the storms in that area will be strong enough for SS's body to wash up finally, if she did drown. But I also wonder if it will ever be solved. If a body is hung up long enough (you would not believe the amount of wood that is tangled and floats below the surface in that area), or falls apart, is pulled by sea animals, etc., it may be a long time before anything is ever found.

I was reading that bodies in cold water take longer to surface because the cold slows down decomposition and less gases are produced that would raise the body up to near the surface.

I still cannot get how a body cleared so many land masses and currents in a zigzag pattern to land so far away (Fox Island) in so little time. Mother nature is surely amazing.

One thing seems certain by looking at the map, that anything that is in the inlets will come out (if it's going to come out) through the clearing under the Narrows Bridge.

I don't know how big of a place that is, but why not set a few water searchers there for a few weeks?

For the area residents, is the space under the bridge small enough to set a huge net, or a network of nets? Or, is that going over their budget?

:)

The Tacoma Narrows bridge is about 1 mi long. I can't imagine a net would be feasible and a few searchers couldn't cover the distance. The shoreline of the Puget Sound is about 1300 miles, some of which could be eliminated due to tidal patterns but you're still talking about a needle in a haystack.

I do.

Because too damn many pieces of this case simply do not add up. There is far more to this than what we've been told, and *someone* out there knows what really happened that night.

I agree. I haven't been a "poster" here but yet a month, tho i have been a "lurker" ONLY, for many years of this site. Honestly before this case I never felt a need, or even a desire to post or comment. But yet just as Ive previously stated about being a woman&a mother and the God given gut "instincts" that we are given,I feel, for a very real reason. It is those exact gut "instincts" that made feel the need to for the first time "post". As if, to somehow be a "voice" for a woman&a mother who CANNOT. It doesnt make a whole lotta sense to me as why this certain case has "pulled" at me because there are sooo many things about SS that I cannot relate to yet the more that has been revealed about her and that night, the more I am compelled to voice, question, investigate, etc. All I know is that as much facts are out there that this is completely as it seems, simple accidental drownings. I feel with every ounce of me that this is NOT HOW IT SEEMS and that in time we will know the circumstances that unfolded late that Saturday(almost moonless)night into Sunday mid morning when van was found almost submerged on that beach.

I agree. I haven't been a "poster" here but yet a month, tho i have been a "lurker" ONLY, for many years of this site. Honestly before this case I never felt a need, or even a desire to post or comment. But yet just as Ive previously stated about being a woman&a mother and the God given gut "instincts" that we are given,I feel, for a very real reason. It is those exact gut "instincts" that made feel the need to for the first time "post". As if, to somehow be a "voice" for a woman&a mother who CANNOT. It doesnt make a whole lotta sense to me as why this certain case has "pulled" at me because there are sooo many things about SS that I cannot relate to yet the more that has been revealed about her and that night, the more I am compelled to voice, question, investigate, etc. All I know is that as much facts are out there that this is completely as it seems, simple accidental drownings. I feel with every ounce of me that this is NOT HOW IT SEEMS and that in time we will know the circumstances that unfolded late that Saturday(almost moonless)night into Sunday mid morning when van was found almost submerged on that beach.
I feel the same, bravo! (*red bold is mine*)

Granted I've never been there, but I just can't wrap my head around how she was in the same basic area of Olympia for all those hours, and couldn't get back on the highway. It's so hard to believe she was "lost". Didn't she grow up close enough to the area to at least have a basic feeling for the area?

Oh, and unrelated, by I did find out that she had a "myyearbook" page
http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cmVnaXN0cmF0aW9uX3Byb2ZpbGUmdXNlcmlkPTIwODkyMTc0

I'm unfamiliar with the site, but she did seem to have some male admirers (have no idea of the date that they were sent) if you notice the "sticker" section on the left hand side. Her only friend on there is her brother.

Granted I've never been there, but I just can't wrap my head around how she was in the same basic area of Olympia for all those hours, and couldn't get back on the highway. It's so hard to believe she was "lost". Didn't she grow up close enough to the area to at least have a basic feeling for the area?

http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cmVnaXN0cmF0aW9uX3Byb2ZpbGUmdXNlcmlkPTIwODkyMTc0

I'm unfamiliar with the site, but she did seem to have some male admirers (have no idea of the date that they were sent) if you notice the "sticker" section on the left hand side. Her only friend on there is her brother.
Thanks for this. Makes me feel sad for SS, and like she tried so hard to be involved and happy. :(:(

BBM

Let me introduce you to 'me'...I was born without a compass in my head. N-S-E-W are foreign numbers that are meaningless in my life. I, most certainly, could get lost in a small town - for hours. If I'm not told to turn right at the house with the blue drapes and left at the green water fountain - I'm lost. Land signs are the only way I get around and when they change - I get lost once again. Unfortunately, this is a true statement, just ask those who know me. lol

Good heavens! Be safe!

Water has been pumped out in yard..They are still pumping out the street though...My neighbors were GREAT. Geez just thought of April showers bring May flowers..LOL

Any news? Has RS said anything? TIA

BBM

Let me introduce you to 'myself'...I was born without a compass in my head. N-S-E-W are foreign numbers that are meaningless in my life. I, most certainly, could get lost in a small town - for hours. If I'm not told to turn right at the house with the blue drapes and left at the green water fountain - I'm lost. Land signs are the only way I get around and when they change - I get lost once again. Unfortunately, this is a true statement, just ask those who know me. lol

Hehe. Nice to meet you. :)

Was she known to have no sense of direction? Has any of the family stated anything like that? And if so, why didn't she have a GPS?

:(:(Oh, and unrelated, by I did find out that she had a "myyearbook" page
http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession...lkPTIwODkyMTc0

I'm unfamiliar with the site, but she did seem to have some male admirers (have no idea of the date that they were sent) if you notice the "sticker" section on the left hand side. Her only friend on there is her brother.(snipped from Momma3Boys post above)
It is sad, too; her brother's prayer that they make it home safe.

Yeah I saw that :(

I'm unfamiliar with the site, but she did seem to have some male admirers (have no idea of the date that they were sent) if you notice the "sticker" section on the left hand side. Her only friend on there is her brother.(snipped from Momma3Boys post above)

I never heard of it either but I think its a sick joke...IDK..

If you notice, she has $8,705.00 in "lunch money"

Lunch Money (L$) is myYearbook's virtual currency. You earn L$ by interacting with other members of the site.

Apparently she was active (unless you get like $1000 just for talking to someone)

A sticker from JS led me to JS's yearbook page. He lives in Silverdale, just on the other side of the sound from where Az's body was found. Did a court records search; many JS's - don't know the correct one. It's a long shot, but if the theory is correct that she was meeting someone.... Thoughts?

I never heard of it either but I think its a sick joke...IDK..

I think it's legit. She's "friends" with her brother, and I made an account and can see the dates for her stickers. They're not recent/since her disappearance, except for one on the 15th

Hehe. Nice to meet you. :)

Was she known to have no sense of direction? Has any of the family stated anything like that? And if so, why didn't she have a GPS?

Hi! I was just responding to your comment that she couldn't get lost in such a small town. lol I can, and do all the time. I do that being sober, full tummy, plenty of sleep, and drug free.

If I stop and ask for directions and a map is pulled out - I say thanks, and ask for land signs. And that little, hidden, road she ended up on - I could do that in a heartbeat.

Don't know about Shantina's sense of direction, if there is a compass in her head, her confusion must have come from another source. moo

A sticker from JS led me to JS's yearbook page. He lives in Silverdale, just on the other side of the sound from where Az's body was found. Did a court records search; many JS's - don't know the correct one. It's a long shot, but if the theory is correct that she was meeting someone.... Thoughts?

I'm wondering about this. There seems to be some gifts from the same few people, and the sites slogan is "friends, flirts, fun". It's certainly not out of the question there could be someone else..
You can also send gifts as a secret admirer it appears, so there is no telling if she sent someone something.

I've been looking on some of the pages of some of the people who sent her gifts to see if she reciprocated..

Very Interesting. There may be no dates on those stickers but her age is correct and city which means most likely recently -- otherwise that info would be outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member