WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the above link:
a variation of electroconvulsive shock treatment in Russia for punitive reasons

For punitive reasons? I'm not familiar with Russia, but I can not imagine this being done for punitive reasons. This has left me guessing about JB's parents being aware of her mental illness during childhood and tried to get her treatment as a child.

She thinks she was controlled by SM and she describes him like a Christ-like figure? I'm not a professional but this has me wondering if JB has schizophrenia.

Hopefully one of our verified therapists/psychologists will chime in with their thoughts. These are all very bizzare allegations from JB.

jmo

Ok. I'll chime in! ECT is still used in various countries as a form of treatment for serious mental illnesses. I have primarily seen it used with patients with severe depression that has not responded to other treatments.

I have actually witnessed "modern" ECT done and it is not as barbaric as it was in days past. It basically looks like the person has a minor seizure and their face turns a little blotchy. But, they're sedated when it happens and it doesn't look horrific in any way, in my opinion, at least. It has shown, in some people, to have positive effect. I have absolutely no idea if it could be used for punitive reasons somewhere or if Russia uses it differently than it is used in the U.S.

HOWEVER, I do want to say that, if this information comes from Julia herself, I would take it with a grain, er, a cup of salt. She is clever at playing the victim and has a severe need to be in that role and convince others that she is a victim. So, I could see it being possible that Julia did get ECT as a child, possibly for depression or another mental illness, and VIEWED it as punishment. I could also, based on the history of what comes out of her mouth on a regular basis, see it as being a lie.

My guess is that the "Christ-like" thing isn't schizo-related. I don't see any evidence of this, but I could be wrong if other information makes itself available. I think she just uses flashy words to be sensational.

The deportation story is just like the "Packistan Muslim" story. She knew he was a Christian. Nice try. Now, I really do want to find out if he was ever even facing deportation. Wouldnt he have been deported if they divorced also? Hes sorta still here.

Actually, since they were married for so long, he was probably able to get a green card and become a legal citizen.

Whatever his faults may be, it just doesn't make any sense to me that he'd have snatched Sky from the car, and Julia had coincidentally, independently but conveniently for him, arranged it so that no one had seen Sky for ages before that.

What more can I say. I don`t trust the guy and until LE rules him out, I`ll look at all theories.

Thanks classy T!! So it does seem that this Suliman(ph) is likely Solomon's birth name that he goes by as well(that was legally changed at some point to Solomon).. Its those type details that kill me about reporters by throwing the detail in there that it was Solomon's brother(and likely they just pulled that outta there azz without any researching).. Thanks for clearing that up..

Guess that clears up as well that Solomon wasn't LYING to ofcrs about what his name was..:crazy:

The deportation story is just like the "Packistan Muslim" story. She knew he was a Christian. Nice try. Now, I really do want to find out if he was ever even facing deportation. Wouldnt he have been deported if they divorced also? Hes sorta still here.

He converted.

From the above link:
a variation of electroconvulsive shock treatment in Russia for punitive reasons

For punitive reasons? I'm not familiar with Russia, but I can not imagine this being done for punitive reasons. This has left me guessing about JB's parents being aware of her mental illness during childhood and tried to get her treatment as a child.

She thinks she was controlled by SM and she describes him like a Christ-like figure? I'm not a professional but this has me wondering if JB has schizophrenia.

Hopefully one of our verified therapists/psychologists will chime in with their thoughts. These are all very bizzare allegations from JB.

jmo

ECT is used in certain cases in the US. Usually these patients have not responded to many other theraputic interventions over extended time. I would believe that it is quite possible that it could be used in Russia.

Oh I know LE hasn`t ruled out any theories but Solomon has never been looked at as a possible perpetrator by many here on this board.

I realize he`s not the one who left Sky in the car and he hadn`t seen his children in 10 months but custody issues can be brutal.

I`ve always felt an uneasiness when watching him on tv. Gut feeling, I guess.

And no it has nothing to do with his gender nor his nationality.

Respectfully, I feel pretty confident that, from the beginning of this thread, most sleuthers on this board held open all possibilities, tossing out various scenarios, and, as more and more facts began to present themselves, started to lean in one direction more than another.

I truly believe that everyone on this board wholeheartedly wants to help with this case and bring some resolution to Sky's family....whatever form that might take.

True, SM has an affect that is unfamiliar to some people and might make them uneasy (and I DO think, btw, some of that is gender-based with his soft voice and passive demeanor). But there is simply no indication that he has anything to do with Sky's disappearance. With JB, it's the complete opposite.

The only thing that might point to SM as a perpetrator is that he was involved in a heated divorce and custody battle and now the child in the middle of that has gone missing. Those factors also point to JB, though, and she has much, much more going against her than SM does. That said, I get the impression that most people on this board feel SM is the victim of abuse and a smear campaign at the hands of JB. And, I'm not comfortable sanctioning that.

ECT is used in certain cases in the US. Usually these patients have not responded to many other theraputic interventions over extended time. I would believe that it is quite possible that it could be used in Russia.

While it might be used in Russia, I don't believe it could be used to punish a child.

Ok. I'll chime in! ECT is still used in various countries as a form of treatment for serious mental illnesses. I have primarily seen it used with patients with severe depression that has not responded to other treatments.

I have actually witnessed "modern" ECT done and it is not as barbaric as it was in days past. It basically looks like the person has a minor seizure and their face turns a little blotchy. But, they're sedated when it happens and it doesn't look horrific in any way, in my opinion, at least. It has shown, in some people, to have positive effect. I have absolutely no idea if it could be used for punitive reasons somewhere or if Russia uses it differently than it is used in the U.S.

HOWEVER, I do want to say that, if this information comes from Julia herself, I would take with a grain, er, a cup of salt. She is clever at playing the victim and has a severe need to be in that role and convince others that she is a victim. So, I could see it being possible that Julia did get ECT as a child, possibly for depression or another mental illness, and VIEWED it as punishment. I could also, based on the history of what comes out of her mouth on a regular basis, see it as being a lie.

My guess is that the "Christ-like" thing isn't schizo-related. I don't see any evidence of this, but I could be wrong if other information makes itself available. I think she just uses flashy words to be sensational.

Rougelatete. (I love typing that name!LOL) Do you think some of Julia's behavior falls into teh category of BPD?

While it might be used in Russia, I don't believe it could be used to punish a child.

jjenny. I am sorry..I didn't make that clear in my post. I do not believe so either.:seeya:

He converted.

Yeah, okay. If that makes a difference. In that article you are taking for the gospel (no pun intended) it also states that his Christianity was a problem with HER. Did I read that wrong?

Respectfully, I feel pretty confident that, from the beginning of this thread, most sleuthers on this board held open all possibilities, tossing out various scenarios, and, as more and more facts began to present themselves, started to lean in one direction more than another.

I truly believe that everyone on this board wholeheartedly wants to help with this case and bring some resolution to Sky's family....whatever form that might take.

True, SM has an affect that is unfamiliar to some people and might make them uneasy (and I DO think, btw, some of that is gender-based with his soft voice and passive demeanor). But there is simply no indication that he has anything to do with Sky's disappearance. With JB, it's the complete opposite.

The only thing that might point to SM as a perpetrator is that he was involved in a heated divorce and custody battle and now the child in the middle of that has gone missing. Those factors also point to JB, though, and she has much, much more going against her than SM does. That said, I get the impression that most people on this board feel SM is the victim of abuse and a smear campaign at the hands of JB. And, I'm not comfortable sanctioning that.

If you don`t mind, I`d like to add that M is still in foster care and he`s only allowed supervised visitation resulting from a restraining order by CPS.

If this guy was cleared and there was nothing to suggest he had anything to do with this case and he was totally innocent from harming his children, I would think he would have custody by now.

Like I said, when LE says he`s ruled out, I`ll feel more comfortable but right now, I`m left with this suspicion about him. Whether it has anything to do with Sky, I do not know but there is something bothering me.

Besides, who has kids and names them all variation of one name? Well, George Foreman has a bunch of kids named George but he got hit in the head a few times.

As far as the argument of the ECT being given for "punitive reasons" again these are the words of Julia.. She is very disturbed and while I'm certain that there are kernels of truth throughout some of her "tales"(as I believe it's very likely that she received ECT in Russia 20+ yrs ago).. But I believe it was likely for misdiagnosed or undiagnosed mental illness that she received these treatments.. Julia is the one saying it's for "punitive reasons" and IMO in her head that's exactly what she believes is the reason she received them.. However that certainly doesn't make it true that the ECT were given for that..

I believe wholeheartedly that Julia has received ECT, possible multiple times..

<modsnip>

Moo!!

My heart goes out to SM especially tonight and tomorrow. Since Dec. 10, 2010 he has missed all of these holidays and other special days with his children at no fault of his own:

Christmas Eve 2010
Christmas Day 2010
New Years Eve
New Years Day
Easter
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Sky's Birthday
MM's Birthday
Father's Day
SM's Birthday
and now Thanksgiving with Sky (possibly MM )
and every day in between.

What more can I say. I don`t trust the guy and until LE rules him out, I`ll look at all theories.

JMO. I wouldn't necessarily trust everything he had to say in the court documents, any more than what Julia says. They both had an agenda and it was a nasty custody fight and divorce. People tend to exaggerate and color things more favorable to themselves.

But that said, I haven't come up with a theory that has SM as the perp and explains Julia's weird behavior.

Rougelatete. (I love typing that name!LOL) Do you think some of Julia's behavior falls into teh category of BPD?

Haha! Glad you like my name!

BPD....Borderline Personality Disorder or Bipolar Disorder? Just want to clarify before I answer. :)

This really is a morbidly fascinating case, and IMO, made all the more interesting by the mental health issues Julia brings to the table.

I do NOT feel sorry for her. I believe that she is an unbelievably cruel and calculating person, and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That said, please have a look at a book I found today. If you follow this link, you can choose to read exerpts of the first few chapters of the book. (Link pasted below.)

The title of the book is "When Mothers Kill: Interviews From Prison". From what I can tell from the pages I have read through, almost all, if not absolutely all, of the mothers interviewed in this book were severely abused as children. And given what we have read about and from Julia's mother, I for one can believe that Julia did not have a peaceful, nurturing childhood.

Amazon.com: When Mothers Kill: Interviews from Prison (Ancient Cities of the New Worl) (9780814757024): Michelle Oberman, Cheryl Meyer

Mental Illness and Child Abuse are both known to be handed down from generation to generation. Again, I do not forgive Julia. But my hope is that as a society, we will educate ourselves about people like her, recognize the warning signs and dangers of hand-me-down abuse, and do our best through education to put a stop to it BEFORE a mother or father abuses their innocent children! Enough, already!

Now I am off to my own birthday party.:seeya: Thank you all for the very interesting and thought-provoking conversation today!!!

I respectfully disagree...

Julia says she was beaten as a child and even had ECT in Russia..

oh dear. Many abuse victims repeat history...unfortunately. And many don't. I wonder if JB repeated history.

:(

Just speculation of course.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads