WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

Hi - new user here. I signed up because I know Liz Christensen (Tyler's sister, she babysits our kids sometimes). We're really worried about Tyler, and I'm hoping subscribing to this thread will keep me up to date when anything happens, even rumors . . .

I thought about leaving work today to go help search, but I figure I'd just be in the way, so instead I'm praying . . .

I don't have any insider information to post, but I can confirm that their family isn't Russian/Slavic (at least, not recently - they certainly don't speak Russian or have accents, I'm not privy to their ancestry information). Other than that (and that any family that produces a girl as quality as Liz would not be one to run away from), I don't know anything more than the public.

Is it just me, or is walking through wooded areas getting dangerous in the Seattle area? I'm thinking of Cheryl Deboer whose case I am also following on this forum. I talked to the volunteers searching for witnesses shortly after she disappeared - maybe I'm just doing that human thing of seeing patterns where there is only coincidence . . .

Thanks.

Hi - new user here. I signed up because I know Liz Christensen (Tyler's sister, she babysits our kids sometimes). We're really worried about Tyler, and I'm hoping subscribing to this thread will keep me up to date when anything happens, even rumors . . .

I thought about leaving work today to go help search, but I figure I'd just be in the way, so instead I'm praying . . .

I don't have any insider information to post, but I can confirm that their family isn't Russian/Slavic (at least, not recently - they certainly don't speak Russian or have accents, I'm not privy to their ancestry information). Other than that (and that any family that produces a girl as quality as Liz would not be one to run away from), I don't know anything more than the public.

Is it just me, or is walking through wooded areas getting dangerous in the Seattle area? I'm thinking of Cheryl Deboer whose case I am also following on this forum. I talked to the volunteers searching for witnesses shortly after she disappeared - maybe I'm just doing that human thing of seeing patterns where there is only coincidence . . .

Thanks.

Thanks for popping on here...while it does seem like there have been a few very high profile missing cases in the area, it certainly isn't the norm. And I'm hoping not a trend :(

Thank you for confirming about the Russian/slavic portion. I'm guessing that he had friends that attended there and joined in. But I don't really have a lot to base that on, just a hunch.

There have been helicopters above Mukilteo much of yesterday evening and also today searching for this boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Facebook, this is the shirt he was wearing when he went missing:

attachment.php

Attachments

• tyler.jpg
    tyler.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 709
I'm sad. There seem to be citizens trying to organize foot searches tonight but nothing deep enough I bet. What if they find him too late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Welcome! You won't get too many rumors here as WS Terms of Service prohibit that and we have wonderful Moderators who help keep WebSleuths a safe and victim-friendly community. Thanks for joining us, no matter what your reason! You will find that most people here are truly here for the right reasons.

As for the recent activity in that area...I don't see MLT (Cheryl DeBoer) in the same league in terms of safety and crime as Edmonds/Mukilteo area. Maybe I am naive. I had such a wonderful experience growing up there and my family and closest friends are all still there. But I think a lot of us do that same thing, one case makes us reflect on so many others. Please keep us updated on local search activity if you can.

My husband was driving from his parents house this evening and saw a large group of people, around 15, searching a wooded area off Picnic Point Road.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't seen in any reports about where Tyler lived except Mulilteo, has anyone else? A lot of the search focus has seemed to be around Picnic Point which is not Mukilteo, though the church he was headed to is in Mukilteo. PP one of those weird in between areas. Address wise it's Edmonds, but a lot of people think it's Lynnwood. We llive very close to Picnic Point and often say south Mukilteo for reference. I'm wondering if the news is saying Mukilteo because it's more recognizable or did Tyler actually live near PP? If he didn't, I find it worrying that they are looking around there because it would not be the route someone would take from Mukilteo to that church and it might mean they have some sort of info that he went down PP road ��

I haven't seen in any reports about where Tyler lived except Mulilteo, has anyone else? A lot of the search focus has seemed to be around Picnic Point which is not Mukilteo, though the church he was headed to is in Mukilteo. PP one of those weird in between areas. Address wise it's Edmonds, but a lot of people think it's Lynnwood. We llive very close to Picnic Point and often say south Mukilteo for reference. I'm wondering if the news is saying Mukilteo because it's more recognizable or did Tyler actually live near PP? If he didn't, I find it worrying that they are looking around there because it would not be the route someone would take from Mukilteo to that church and it might mean they have some sort of info that he went down PP road ��

This article lists him as a edmonds teen: http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20160421/NEWS01/160429792&template=MobileArt

From the article: The search is focused on routes the boy may have taken between his home and the church along 116th Street SW. The area is full of greenbelts and steep ravines where people can get lost.

I'm in a Facebook page that is having the same kind of conflicts about boundaries of edmonds/picnic point/lynnwood. Moo

I sure hope this boy is found soon, I'm starting to get a bad feeling. He should have been found by now. Praying for a good outcome.

This article lists him as a edmonds teen: http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20160421/NEWS01/160429792&template=MobileArt

From the article: The search is focused on routes the boy may have taken between his home and the church along 116th Street SW. The area is full of greenbelts and steep ravines where people can get lost.

I'm in a Facebook page that is having the same kind of conflicts about boundaries of edmonds/picnic point/lynnwood. Moo

My husband grew up there and in-laws are there too. They live off PP Road near Serene Lake Elementary. I think they first called him a Mukilteo teen because that's where the church appears to have been located that he was going to? But then I think they're calling him Edmonds because that's probably where he lives? But yes the line is so crazy around there. My in-laws are technically in unincorporated SnoCo because they are just barely outside the Lynnwood city etc. even though that's their address. I think the other side of their road is Edmonds!

He is from Edmonds as one of his neighbors posted on another site..where she was requesting remote viewing. UGH! I know there are some RV's that are good but unfortunately so many are just fake. I do hope that they can find him soon though. It seems like he should have been found already, I mean how many routes to the church could there be? And how far away is it from where he lives?

The fact that police are calling the disappearance "suspicious" worries me, since they're usually so quick (often, to me, too quick) to reassure the public that a disappearance isn't suspicious/there's no threat to the public/etc. Especially in this case, where the version of the facts they're releasing would most suggest accident (or, maybe, runaway) to me. I just wonder if they know more than they're letting on re: either mental state or suspicious activity in the criminal sense.

He is from Edmonds as one of his neighbors posted on another site..where she was requesting remote viewing. UGH! I know there are some RV's that are good but unfortunately so many are just fake. I do hope that they can find him soon though. It seems like he should have been found already, I mean how many routes to the church could there be? And how far away is it from where he lives?

Not many official routes but many possible shortcuts through heavily wooded and steep areas 🙁 Tons of trails all over. It seems his church was only a mile or two away.

It's been very warm until today so I have been thinking, "Ok, if he is hurt he might be alright" but the temps dropped back to normal last night and while not freezing it is looking like rain and chillier temps. Too close to home for us. We also homeschool, apparently live very close to where Tyler does, and I have a boy only a few years younger than Tyler. His poor family. Praying that this is resolved very soon.

Snohomish County Sheriff just tweeted: No updates in the investigation into the disappearance of 16 YO Tyler Christensen. Detectives continue to follow up on leads and tips.

This is puzzling. That and the lack of seemingly real searches other than the one on Wednesday night near Serene Lake Elementary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back