WA WA - Tyler Christensen, 16, Mukilteo, 19 April 2016

[link to q13fox.com]

He was last seen at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Beverly Park area (in the 5300 block of Picnic Point Road) wearing a blue T-shirt and blue shorts. He had left his home on foot to attend a youth group meeting at a church in the 4700 block of 116th Street SW, the sheriff's office said.

Anyone know what the distance from where he was last seen to the church?

Not many official routes but many possible shortcuts through heavily wooded and steep areas �� Tons of trails all over. It seems his church was only a mile or two away.

It's been very warm until today so I have been thinking, "Ok, if he is hurt he might be alright" but the temps dropped back to normal last night and while not freezing it is looking like rain and chillier temps. Too close to home for us. We also homeschool, apparently live very close to where Tyler does, and I have a boy only a few years younger than Tyler. His poor family. Praying that this is resolved very soon.

Thank you, a mile or two is a lot of area to cover when it comes to searching. I also understand he did not have a cell phone on him.

[link to q13fox.com]

He was last seen at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Beverly Park area (in the 5300 block of Picnic Point Road) wearing a blue T-shirt and blue shorts. He had left his home on foot to attend a youth group meeting at a church in the 4700 block of 116th Street SW, the sheriff's office said.

Anyone know what the distance from where he was last seen to the church?

From using that information and plugging it in to google maps, it looks like it is about a 2.7 mile walk. Depends on where on Beverly Park, though. I used Beverly Park and Picnic Point Rd.

I found this article interesting:

http://komonews.com/news/local/search-continues-in-suspicious-disappearance-of-local-teen

Apologies if someone already posted it.
It mentions he always tells the leader when he's coming and he hadn't told him. That makes me wonder if he told his family he was going to the group, but he really didn't and went somewhere else. It is perplexing. There aren't that many places where he could be. The only possible thing I could think is that he took a shortcut to the place where the group was, and slipped and hurt himself, fell down a ridge, and is unconscious/dead. Other than that, which could very well happen, but it had been hot around here and nothing would really be slippery....I would lead more towards runaway. Often family doesn't let on if there really are problems, so the police still search. And often the police won't let on if there are real problems so the public still searches. It's just not that large of an area, and not very remote (very suburb-y with people around). Very strange.

The family reported on FB last night that they are overwhelmed with people wanting to help and they are working on getting someone to coordinate. I'm ready to leave work and go help search if they can use me, but I don't want to be in the way. Some notes:

* My wife reports that the police had "like 35" officers with dogs searching yesterday
* One of their neighbors (who I know very well) reported that the officers who knocked on their door did not ask about security camera footage. They later checked their logs and found footage of Tyler running by (notably, he had no backpack or any other visible items on his person, which confirms that he was likely not planning anything out of the ordinary). They made a CD of the footage, but the police haven't picked it up yet. They live very close, so the footage probably doesn't tell the police much. He (my friend) plans to go around asking the other neighbors to check their camera logs, since it seems the police haven't been doing that.
* The family is, of course, overwhelmed. People seem to remark how well they are taking it, although as someone who has been through a crisis (daughter almost died in the hospital), I know that you have no choice but to "handle it well" when things need to be done. You don't really have the option to collapse emotionally when your child needs you.
* I want to respect the privacy of the family, so I'm not going to post specific details. I think it should be obvious that their home is very crowded with people coming and going, with everybody having a different idea of what would be helpful for them to do. I'm sure there are some people who are just in the way, which is why I'm not there right now. If I knew of something I could do, you can bet I'd be doing it.

The family reported on FB last night that they are overwhelmed with people wanting to help and they are working on getting someone to coordinate. I'm ready to leave work and go help search if they can use me, but I don't want to be in the way. Some notes:

* My wife reports that the police had "like 35" officers with dogs searching yesterday
* One of their neighbors (who I know very well) reported that the officers who knocked on their door did not ask about security camera footage. They later checked their logs and found footage of Tyler running by (notably, he had no backpack or any other visible items on his person, which confirms that he was likely not planning anything out of the ordinary). They made a CD of the footage, but the police haven't picked it up yet. They live very close, so the footage probably doesn't tell the police much. He (my friend) plans to go around asking the other neighbors to check their camera logs, since it seems the police haven't been doing that.
* The family is, of course, overwhelmed. People seem to remark how well they are taking it, although as someone who has been through a crisis (daughter almost died in the hospital), I know that you have no choice but to "handle it well" when things need to be done. You don't really have the option to collapse emotionally when your child needs you.
* I want to respect the privacy of the family, so I'm not going to post specific details. I think it should be obvious that their home is very crowded with people coming and going, with everybody having a different idea of what would be helpful for them to do. I'm sure there are some people who are just in the way, which is why I'm not there right now. If I knew of something I could do, you can bet I'd be doing it.

Which direction was he running?

I found this article interesting:

http://komonews.com/news/local/search-continues-in-suspicious-disappearance-of-local-teen

Apologies if someone already posted it.
It mentions he always tells the leader when he's coming and he hadn't told him. That makes me wonder if he told his family he was going to the group, but he really didn't and went somewhere else. It is perplexing. There aren't that many places where he could be. The only possible thing I could think is that he took a shortcut to the place where the group was, and slipped and hurt himself, fell down a ridge, and is unconscious/dead. Other than that, which could very well happen, but it had been hot around here and nothing would really be slippery....I would lead more towards runaway. Often family doesn't let on if there really are problems, so the police still search. And often the police won't let on if there are real problems so the public still searches. It's just not that large of an area, and not very remote (very suburb-y with people around). Very strange.

Interesting points. I know there is another local teen missing - 16 years old from the Bothell area that is presumed to be a runaway and there is no one but his family who is actively searching for him. There must be something about this case that leads police, family, community and media to believe this is not your standard runaway case.

I find the youth group thing a little odd and I'm not sure why. I'm surprised that there is nothing on the youth group or church facebook page regarding him missing. I also didn't see him in any of the pictures and there are a LOT of pictures.

Regarding which direction he was running, they didn't say, but I assume the expected direction out of the neighborhood.

Interesting points. I know there is another local teen missing - 16 years old from the Bothell area that is presumed to be a runaway and there is no one but his family who is actively searching for him. There must be something about this case that leads police, family, community and media to believe this is not your standard runaway case.

I find the youth group thing a little odd and I'm not sure why. I'm surprised that there is nothing on the youth group or church facebook page regarding him missing. I also didn't see him in any of the pictures and there are a LOT of pictures.

I've been wondering if someone from the church group didn't offer him a ride..or someone else that he knew and they were not good people IYKWIM. The fact he hadn't told the leader he was coming is odd and concerning, but if he left his cell phone at home that could be why...I guess I was under the impression he had a cell but left it at home. I could be wrong on that though.

The poster, as uploaded to FB just now:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 1.43.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 1.43.01 PM.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 582
Thank you for sharing! Does the reward seem unusually low?
Where are you seeing this posted? Is it on a private FB page?

Sadly, yes the reward seems low, but maybe that's all they can afford. IDK...You would think LE would have some type of fund they use in cases like this and offer more..But honestly when has a reward made any difference?

I finally got word of a way to help, so I'm going to go hang up flyers now. I'll search too if they need that. Please pray for Tyler.

Thank you for sharing! Does the reward seem unusually low?
Where are you seeing this posted? Is it on a private FB page?

Yup - private page. I'm trying to only post things publicly if I'm certain the family would be ok with it.

Sadly, yes the reward seems low, but maybe that's all they can afford. IDK...You would think LE would have some type of fund they use in cases like this and offer more..But honestly when has a reward made any difference?

True....I think what a reward does is remind the public that there's people actively looking who care, and who have reason to believe there's someone out there with information...it sends a message, I think.

I finally got word of a way to help, so I'm going to go hang up flyers now. I'll search too if they need that. Please pray for Tyler.

As you've interacted with family or people close to family, what's the sense of where he is? Do they think he ran away? Do they think he got hurt somewhere? Do they suspect foul play? What are they all saying? There's so little in the news and nothing new at all.

BBM

This is a huge concern. One of my best friends is very close to the family and she mentioned this other missing boy.

Tyler is a really good kid. Devoted to his family and his church. Very wholesome life. It's hard to explain, but he's not the runaway type.

I am just praying continually for him and the family. I can't begin to imagine the devastation the family is feeling right now. The not knowing...

There were multiple calls to help today on local community groups but they are all being removed this morning by request of Tyler's family. I don't know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd things:

1. I find it really odd that he's not a slav but attends a slavic church youth group. I'm Russian-American and know quite well how slavs don't let outsiders into their group. If this kid was pretending to be a slav, they most likely bullied him, used him, and beat him up.

2. Many of the men who attend the church look rough around the edges, as if they could be involved in drugs and other illegal activities, overall the church seems like a fake religious organization. Not something I would ever attend. The men look like they just got out of prison. https://www.facebook.com/Spring-Of-Life-Church-109056139128124/photos_stream?ref=page_internal

3. The church youth group doesn't have any photos of Tyler on it's page, so how devout was he to his church? https://www.facebook.com/sol7pm/photos_stream?ref=page_internal

4. I'm not sure where he lived in Edmonds, Wa or the Lynnwood area but it seems like it would be a 5-10 mile walk/run to get to the church from wherever he lived in that area.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back