Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged with Murder in the First Degree #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WM started flying with the Wong Brothers at Toronto Island. He was hired by Air Canada when he was 25, so around 1966. He worked for Air Canada for 12 years and Canada 3000 for 5 years, then went into the family business. The seal hunt was in 1981, so I guess it depends whether there were any years between Air Canada and starting with Canada 3000. The business was pretty well done by 1990 and CM was living on the rent from the hangar.

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/9634_MaltonBook_PartThree.pdf

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1946&dat=19810310&id=HYoxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=vKQFAAAAIBAJ&pg=4050,3944726

Very roughly,

Born 1941
1966 age 25 joins Air Canada
1978 age 37 leaves glamour employer and joins discount charter airline Canada 3000
1983 - joins family business, I would say continuing to downtrend
1984 November Della dies
1985 August DM born, barely enough time to make a baby since Della died
1990 - family business basically done
2006 November CM dies
2012 November WM dies

November sure is a sad month for the M family. Seems to me WM might have spent a few decades after the birth of his little prince doing a whole lot of nothing. DM wrote in the obit for WM that WM answered a question with a story, and there may have been a lot of stories of WM working as a pilot but during DM's lifetime, WM was not all that.

I've read somewhere that WM didn't use a computer. Does anyone have any info on this?

I've read somewhere that WM didn't use a computer. Does anyone have any info on this?

According to SG, he didn't use computers or email.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

But ABro claims to have copies of some emails that he sent, so I guess SG was wrong? Or he learned how to use them after 2009?

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/09/new-information-from-wayne-millard-about-the-millardair-kitchener-operations.html

SG was describing a period in the early to mid aughties when WM and EG were drinking together. Because his sister would call at all hours, he suggested it would be preferable to communicate via email, but she couldn't because they didn't have computers or email.

The failure to enter the computer era clearly was not due to a lack of aptitude on WM's part. He was a pilot who held several patents, after all. More probably, it was related to his addictions, and once he sobered up he was all too happy to get with the times and easily adapted. By the time he died, he was skyping away with African animal rights activists.

(FYI an ex-GF of DM's complained also in the mid aughties that the Maple Gate house had no internet. It could have been in a "dead zone" as there were lots of those back then. I lived in one for a while and it was very annoying.)

Also remember too that CM wouldn't allow them new fangled computers in the office so Wayne wouldn't have been accessing them there either.

Reactions: XFP
SG was describing a period in the early to mid aughties when WM and EG were drinking together. Because his sister would call at all hours, he suggested it would be preferable to communicate via email, but she couldn't because they didn't have computers or email.

The failure to enter the computer era clearly was not due to a lack of aptitude on WM's part. He was a pilot who held several patents, after all. More probably, it was related to his addictions, and once he sobered up he was all too happy to get with the times and easily adapted. By the time he died, he was skyping away with African animal rights activists.

(FYI an ex-GF of DM's complained also in the mid aughties that the Maple Gate house had no internet. It could have been in a "dead zone" as there were lots of those back then. I lived in one for a while and it was very annoying.)

Also remember too that CM wouldn't allow them new fangled computers in the office so Wayne wouldn't have been accessing them there either.

Thank you for the information. Are there links to these revelations or would they be amongst the information that you have been exclusively aware of ?

When I was reading I was wondering if someone has had access to the computer data from the Maple Gate address, being as the information relates to skyping, emails and internet. But of course that would be ridiculous, as it is still presumably with the police depts who are investigating the cases.

Thank you for the information. Are there links to these revelations or would they be amongst the information that you have been exclusively aware of ?

When I was reading I was wondering if someone has had access to the computer data from the Maple Gate address, being as the information relates to skyping, emails and internet. But of course that would be ridiculous, as it is still presumably with the police depts who are investigating the cases.

The information comes from sources just like everything else I write. You are free to believe it or not.

Interesting info about the Skyping, ABro. I wonder if he started a romance that way? JMO

Well, yes, I assumed it was sometime from 2005 to 2009 by the way the article is written. It's talking about the photo shoot in 2005 and then says WM may not have known what DM was up to due to the lack of computers/email. I assumed WM was with EG up to, or close to, her death in 2009 since they had some of her personal belongings. Three years later, he was apparently drinking again and had died.

I didn't say or assume it was a lack of aptitude, and I see most of the patents were filed throughout the 1990's. It's hard to imagine Maple Gate being in a dead zone by 2005.

JMO

Why I wonder about the state of the WM, EG, DM household, the lifestyle, is that I wonder how you breed a child that feels they need power and don't get the respect they deserve. Here is DM, a little prince, a millionaire, living perhaps a very humble unsophisticated lifestyle with drunks and cat hair and beat up pickup trucks. That contrasts with his friends MWJ, the rap scene, the condos in the entertainment district: a very sophisticated lifestyle. How did DM get from A to B?

Drunks, cat hair and beat up pick up trucks...sounds like someone is writing a country song.

;)

Reactions: JPC
Everybody loves to hear about what lousy household managers dead people were. IMO. IMHO. MOO.
<snip>

And doesn't everybody just love to attempt besmirching a victim when there is absolutely zilch/zip/nada to substantiate.

Not trying to besmirch the deceased WM and EG or their housekeeping standards, but merely pointing out that information is available in MSM wrt their lifestyle which appears to have included fairly extensive alcohol consumption.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody&#8217;s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne&#8217;s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn&#8217;t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne&#8217;s house drinking. &#8220;Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,&#8221; he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009.

Those same obits that you refer to are so nicely designed to not speak ill of the dead ;)

If the above is what SG witnessed during his visits, DM may have witnessed the same on a daily basis for a more extensive time period. He may well have had little positive influence, little parental supervision, and developed a lack of respect for the parent figures he lived with. Doesn't excuse murdering anyone, but may provide some insight into his development.

Reactions: JPC
<snip>

And doesn't everybody just love to attempt besmirching a victim when there is absolutely zilch/zip/nada to substantiate.

Not trying to besmirch the deceased WM and EG or their housekeeping standards, but merely pointing out that information is available in MSM wrt their lifestyle which appears to have included fairly extensive alcohol consumption.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Those same obits that you refer to are so nicely designed to not speak ill of the dead ;)

If the above is what SG witnessed during his visits, DM may have witnessed the same on a daily basis for a more extensive time period. He may well have had little positive influence, little parental supervision, and developed a lack of respect for the parent figures he lived with. Doesn't excuse murdering anyone, but may provide some insight into his development.

I find myself caught in the middle again because I do understand what Carli is getting at. I know that this is a victim friendly forum and I'm totally good with that. Conversations go on and you find yourself discussing things that perhaps shouldn't be discussed. But.... being a victim friendly forum, I do think that courtesy should be extended to all of the victims. Why should WM and LB be treated any different than TB? If one wants to use the logic that there is information available in MSM about WM's lifestyle, there is also not only information in MSM, but an entire e-book about TB if one cares to read it. To discuss someone isn't necessarily besmirching them or victim blaming, depending on what is discussed. For example, in this particular instance, I don't find wondering how someone did so well so early in life nearly as besmirching (for lack of another word) as it is digging into WM's life to perhaps discover why DM may have turned into the person many think he is. Even if not intended, is that not also, in a way, victim blaming? To suggest that the way DM was raised is the reason he turned into a murderer, and even allegedly killed his own father, is also inadvertently suggesting that things could have been different and WM may still be alive if he had only raised his son differently.

JMO

I find myself caught in the middle again because I do understand what Carli is getting at. I know that this is a victim friendly forum and I'm totally good with that. Conversations go on and you find yourself discussing things that perhaps shouldn't be discussed. But.... being a victim friendly forum, I do think that courtesy should be extended to all of the victims. Why should WM and LB be treated any different than TB? If one wants to use the logic that there is information available in MSM about WM's lifestyle, there is also not only information in MSM, but an entire e-book about TB if one cares to read it. To discuss someone isn't necessarily besmirching them or victim blaming, depending on what is discussed. For example, in this particular instance, I don't find wondering how someone did so well so early in life nearly as besmirching (for lack of another word) as it is digging into WM's life to perhaps discover why DM may have turned into the person many think he is. Even if not intended, is that not also, in a way, victim blaming? To suggest that the way DM was raised is the reason he turned into a murderer, and even allegedly killed his own father, is also inadvertently suggesting that things could have been different and WM may still be alive if he had only raised his son differently.

JMO

16 - 21 > attended Mohawk College, worked summers at his dad&#8217;s HVAC company, apprenticed in HVAC at an Oakville company, got his refrigeration ticket and his gas ticket, joined his dad&#8217;s company for several years then went on to set up and operate his own business

21 > first house > small house, rent from upstairs probably paid the mortgage
23 > second house > reno&#8217;d downstairs, rent probably paid the mortgage
29 > Trinity Rd property > purchase amount unknown, unknown if mortgaged
29 > Trinity Rd house > built with the help of friends and family, cost unknown but mortgaged (payments and amortization unknown but could have been up to 35 years)

Given a solid background, strong family ties and parental support, a good salary and wise investments at a young age, not to mention owning his own business, I fail to see how Tim&#8217;s financial success could in any way be construed in a negative light.

Given the lack of anything remotely negative about TB in MSM, I think it&#8217;s natural and logical that we can extrapolate in a positive direction; given the negatives we read about others (whether DM, WM, MS, EG) in MSM, I think it&#8217;s only natural and logical that we extrapolate in the opposite direction.

I think it&#8217;s the questioning, the insinuation that TB may not have come by his acquisitions honestly that is such an affront to the victim when there is zilch to indicate otherwise. Again, if someone gets some goods on a victim, post it, link it, and then it&#8217;s up for consideration ... failing which it's baseless and wilda$$ spec about a victim, which is not the norm at WS.

As far as I know, it is fairly difficult to get a mortgage at the age of 21, and I have to guess it would be even harder to get a second one on a second home at the age of 23 without selling the first home. I imagine large down payments must have been necessary. I wonder how the speculation would go if LB had happened to own 2 houses at her age before her disappearance. Even when DM bought the farm at a young age, there was speculation here about how it was paid for, and whether or not he had help from his father, so personally, I don't think it is odd or outrageous to wonder where all these kids are getting their money from to make these large purchases. My opinion only.

Didn't DM pay for his properties in CASH? Why?

16 - 21 > attended Mohawk College, worked summers at his dad&#8217;s HVAC company, apprenticed in HVAC at an Oakville company, got his refrigeration ticket and his gas ticket, joined his dad&#8217;s company for several years then went on to set up and operate his own business

21 > first house > small house, rent from upstairs probably paid the mortgage
23 > second house > reno&#8217;d downstairs, rent probably paid the mortgage
29 > Trinity Rd property > purchase amount unknown, unknown if mortgaged
29 > Trinity Rd house > built with the help of friends and family, cost unknown but mortgaged (payments and amortization unknown but could have been up to 35 years)

Given a solid background, strong family ties and parental support, a good salary and wise investments at a young age, not to mention owning his own business, I fail to see how Tim&#8217;s financial success could in any way be construed in a negative light.

Given the lack of anything remotely negative about TB in MSM, I think it&#8217;s natural and logical that we can extrapolate in a positive direction; given the negatives we read about others (whether DM, WM, MS, EG) in MSM, I think it&#8217;s only natural and logical that we extrapolate in the opposite direction.

I think it&#8217;s the questioning, the insinuation that TB may not have come by his acquisitions honestly that is such an affront to the victim when there is zilch to indicate otherwise. Again, if someone gets some goods on a victim, post it, link it, and then it&#8217;s up for consideration ... failing which it's baseless and wilda$$ spec about a victim, which is not the norm at WS.

Respectfully, may I suggest that may be because some persist in misunderstanding the point in looking at the circumstances of TB and his family, in the chance there may be clues to this tragedy that have been overlooked. For some puzzling reason many seem to assume that any such questions are only meant to suggest that TB was involved in some form of illegal activity. Frankly, I don't know how that sideways leap into the abyss was made but that seems to be the inference. Yet LE already stated that there was no previous direct association between TB and DM so I don't see why anyone hangs on to this notion. IMHO

Did DM in fact work for his father from the age of 16 like TB, or just sponge off his dad? How could WM employ DM if there was no business to speak of from 1990 until the hangar began? Did DM not shirk his responsibilities during the year that he was employed at the hangar? Was WM any sort of role model to him?

Yes of course TB was gainfully employed, getting ahead and responsible.

Yes of course DM was a bum who only looked good to gold diggers.

ETA, and let's not forget that symbol of responsibility and maturity, the mohawk DM wore during the scant period of time that he was an irresponsible employee that rolled in at the crack of noon.

One standard, one who met it, one loser who failed to achieve.

Firstly, I personally find it degrading and dehumanizing to associate a hairstyle of an First Nations tribe in an inference of childishness and irresponsibility. It has been established that DM wore that hairstyle in a tribute to his forefathers with pride, and to mock it was insensitive of AS, in my opinion, and still smacks of racism to me.

Again, all we have is one secondhand report from someone with a very good reason to besmirch the name of the accused.

If the standard is owning a home, then DM met that standard, in my opinion. If the standard was being employed, then DM also met that standard by being CEO of MillardAir, in my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but until I see proof that DM was unemployed, I will have to disagree with that assumption, respectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500