Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then where did DM get his $835,000 to buy the farm, and $1 million for the Riverside apartments...and we don't know what he paid for his and his fiance's Oakville home? Sounds like moving money around IMO.
Perhaps DM inherited it when the grandfather passed away.

Yes, I wondered if Riverside was inherited from the grandparents. On a google search the Riverside address comes up with some incorporation documents for "W. MILLARD CANADIAN WILDLIFE TOURS INC." from before DM was born. DM's grandparents were directors and their address is Riverside.
Link

DM was doing a lot of renovations though, and that must have cost some money. I found this 2016 article from the Hamilton Spectator with info about the handyman, Javier Villada:
Link
An excerpt:
In the summer of 2008, Villada — a builder and general handyman — began working for Wayne Millard, Dellen's father. Soon he reported directly to the younger Millard, working at his various properties around the GTA, including a house in Burlington.

Villada often worked seven days a week for his boss. Paycheques from Millard were sporadic, but Millard also lent Villada about $9,000 to go home to Colombia for a visit.

A red Dodge pickup truck was leased to Villada by Millard, but on May 4, 2013, Millard asked him to switch cars. Millard took the pickup — the only vehicle he owned that could haul the big fifth-wheel trailer he had. Villada said Millard told him he would need it for a week.

Tim's pickup truck would eventually be found inside that trailer, parked at the home of Millard's mother.

MOO

Regarding cash flow, most companies including Millardair incur expenses involving basic operational costs such as utilities, salaries and expenses. But when it has no income (signed contracts) then more cash is flowing out than is flowing in. That’s an indication of a cash flow problem.

Yes, I know that But it is very common for a business to borrow money for interim cash flow and that they were only 3 weeks into looking for contracts, IMO it would be an expected problem--not one worth killing oneself over. Donald Trump went bankrupt several times apparently and didn't kill himself, he became a US president.

Yes, I wondered if Riverside was inherited from the grandparents. On a google search the Riverside address comes up with some incorporation documents for "W. MILLARD CANADIAN WILDLIFE TOURS INC." from before DM was born. DM's grandparents were directors and their address is Riverside.
Link

DM was doing a lot of renovations though, and that must have cost some money. I found this 2016 article from the Hamilton Spectator with info about the handyman, Javier Villada:
Link
An excerpt:
In the summer of 2008, Villada — a builder and general handyman — began working for Wayne Millard, Dellen's father. Soon he reported directly to the younger Millard, working at his various properties around the GTA, including a house in Burlington.

Villada often worked seven days a week for his boss. Paycheques from Millard were sporadic, but Millard also lent Villada about $9,000 to go home to Colombia for a visit.

A red Dodge pickup truck was leased to Villada by Millard, but on May 4, 2013, Millard asked him to switch cars. Millard took the pickup — the only vehicle he owned that could haul the big fifth-wheel trailer he had. Villada said Millard told him he would need it for a week.

Tim's pickup truck would eventually be found inside that trailer, parked at the home of Millard's mother.

MOO

Very interesting, excellent sleuthing on your part!

One reason why I wondered if DM inherited cash or property directly from his grandfather is due to ages. CM passed away in 2006. DM was born in 1985 so he’d have been 21 that year. As DM was an adult, WM already 65, CM may have chosen to will some of his assets, including cash and/or company shares, directly to his grandson believing it was the right thing to do.

Link

Link
An excerpt:

MOO
Often people with money will have bank, savings, investments, insurance policies, etc for their offspring, and said offspring will also receive monetary gifts from family members throughout their life. I wouldn't think it odd that DM would have had at least some of his own money in addition to what he scooped from his dad and what he was supposed to inherit. moo.

Woodward said it appeared to him that Wayne Millard was having some cash flow problems. Isn't this hearsay - one person's presumption? Shouldn't they have brought in financial records as proof?

Truth from what we know is DM, the 50% partner was spending money left and right.
Funny how RP doesn't lurch up to contest this opinion testimony when it suits him, huh? (not funny, but you know)

Yes, I know that But it is very common for a business to borrow money for interim cash flow and that they were only 3 weeks into looking for contracts, IMO it would be an expected problem--not one worth killing oneself over. Donald Trump went bankrupt several times apparently and didn't kill himself, he became a US president.

I see the problem to have been there wasn’t any airline carrier ready to sign a contract for a few reasons. The hanger that was built was very large, intending the MRO would attract airlines operating large aircraft and jets. It appears Kitchener-Waterloo airport wasn’t able to expand the airport, build a new terminal etc, as it had initially hoped business they weren’t successful in attracting new business, therefore air carriers did not require Millardair services. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with Ontario. The Pearson Airport in Toronto is the biggest and busiest airport in Canada and Kitchener-Waterloo airport much smaller. Two years later when the Millardair facility was eventually leased, it didn’t become a MRO and Kitchener-Waterloo airport has downsized their future development plans. Pearson airport continues to grow bigger and bigger.

Yes, banks lend money in the form of operating loans to cover the length of time it takes to collect receivables, but there still needs to be some type of indication that there’s a source of income (repayment). Otherwise it’s not a lot different from someone who has no job attempting to borrow money to buy groceries and pay rent. Unless they have other security they’re willing to offer up, the bank is likely to say no.

If Millardair was in financial difficulty, that does not prove WM committed suicide. IMO it only indicates the circumstances surrounding his death are greater in complexity than initially appeared.

Last edited:
Inflammation of the liver is Hepatitis.

Hepatitis: Types, Symptoms, and Treatment

Just a word of caution...while hepatitis is by definition inflammation of the liver (latin...hep=liver, itis=inflammation) it is also a virus...ie not every "hepatitis" is the hepatitis that the average person thinks of in terms of hep A, B, C, D,etc....As I mentioned in an earlier post, inflammation of the liver can be caused by so many things.....

Been following the trial from Day 1. I am not feeling the crowns case so far. What I have been seeing thu ms far is that there is a gross negligence by the Toronto Police that borders on the idea of complete incompetency. If I were judge, I would be more inclined to punish the Toronto Police on the way they have handed this. The after the fact investigation goes against the very essence of police work that should of been done at the beginning. The police investigation was clearly influenced by the previous trials.

As for Millard, he is stuck in prison. He does not win by a not guilty decision. It’s the Toronto Police that needs to be held in check.

The police investigation was clearly influenced by the previous trials. Not sure what you mean by this....

Just a word of caution...while hepatitis is by definition inflammation of the liver (latin...hep=liver, itis=inflammation) it is also a virus...ie not every "hepatitis" is the hepatitis that the average person thinks of in terms of hep A, B, C, D,etc....As I mentioned in an earlier post, inflammation of the liver can be caused by so many things.....

Yes it can be caused by many things.

WM admitted, according to JC, he had a drinking problem that he needed to work on, his mobility was limited due to unknown issues with his back and the forensic pathologist spoke of liver inflammation.

In addition, his 50% partner in Millardair preferred to use the newly build $10 million dollar (iirc) hanger as a toy holder and chop shop. (Had DM been the murder victim, I could understand why.)

Last edited:
Please continue at Thread #4

This thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics