Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem DM didn’t have the right information anyway if WM in fact gave them to the police? It’s interesting that DM would even drop someone’s name if Wayne did in fact give guns away? Are gun owners allowed to do that?

It seems like there were lots of guns over the years, so maybe WM did at some point give some away to the person DM mentioned and then give the rest to the police during the amnesty. The two aren't mutually exclusive, IMO.

From information concerning the ending of the Crown's witnesses it would appear that we will not be privy to more "jailhouse letters" sections. I did think they must have found something on those pages as the charge was laid after finding them.

Even though he liked to drink he achieved a lot , was a pilot, ran the business after his father died and from what the people that were witnesses that knew him re. business they spoke well of him.
At 71, of course, he would have some medical problems. Also living with DM in the house, doing drugs, having lunatics like MS and MM living there and probably helping themselves to food in the house, that must have been a big source of distress.
To also have his son tell him he was a failure and blamed him for problems with the business when he was a murderer and criminal and using company money to buy equipment to use as a way to get rid of bodies.
All I can say is I really hope that there will be justice for Wayne. The sad thing is who will be there if there if justice is served. Maybe the gf and some of his loyal employees.

This is a brief background on Millardair. In 2012 when the lease expired at Pearson Airport somewhere I recall reading the old Millardair building was torn down. It’s likely the planes that had been in storage for a number of years were also sold off.

“.....In 1970 the DC-3s were used to fly passengers on third-level services, and in 1972 the four-engine Douglas DC-4 joined the company's fleet. Some of the DC-3s were exchanged for Douglas C-117 Super Dakota, and operations continued until finding slots at Toronto airport became difficult and operations ceased due to bankruptcy on 31 May 1990. While no longer a flying operator, previously flown aircraft were stored at Pearson Airport along with other aircraft acquired.[4]

Carl Millard died in 2006 and son Wayne Millard took over as President.[5]....”
Millardair - Wikipedia

Not that there’s any excuse for murder, I think there’s a lot of background that meshed together, culminating in tragedy. We’ve only heard about small fragments, bits and pieces.

As for money being tight, there was a tweet during this trial that said WM mortgaged his home to help finance the completion of the hanger. Risking the roof over ones head is the ultimate last resort for business owners. That for me was the true indication of how tight finances had become prior to WMs death, no future cash flow in sight.

After WMs death, then comes bizarre mission plotting mostly common to bored juveniles, resulting in the murder of TB. I do wonder if DM chose him as a symbolic victim, to destroy what DM was never able to attain - happiness. TB seemed the kind of guy who beamed with sincere pleasure about everything in his life.
He was a hard worker , provided for his family, and a great loving father to his small daughter.
You can see pics of him with his baby daughter and how much he loved her. He was everything DM could never be.

It seems like there were lots of guns over the years, so maybe WM did at some point give some away to the person DM mentioned and then give the rest to the police during the amnesty. The two aren't mutually exclusive, IMO.

Anything is possible! I thjust no this was more to show the Judge that WM no longer had or wanted guns in his possession. Testimony of Finn also said WM was still licensed to have possession of the guns. It puts an axe in any strategy the Pillay and DM may have concocted.

JMO

I wonder why Sutherland didn't use a roast beef or something instead of a styrofoam head?

ha ha, yes. I was thinking should have been something weighted. I forget just now what they used on bones for the test. Sometimes it's spam or turkey meat.

W

Now the big question- If I walked into my home and found a relative dead I would 1) call 911 and #2, contact next of kin. I would imagine EMS arriving, followed by police, followed by next of kin. I would never think to call "next of kin" first- plus I would not go back into the room where the dead body was until LE got there and for some reason I would be hoping EMS got there asap because maybe my loved one wasn't dead! The way this unfolded is bizarre. DM, the guy who's suppose to be smart, worldly and oh so mature, finds his Dad dead and doesn't call 911- instead he calls AM to wait with him in the driveway until his mom can drive there and spend 5-10 minutes alone in the house with the corpse of her ex-husband. Then she calls 911. mmmmm Did she play "clean-up" for DM, just like with wiping down the trailer?

The other thought is why didn't DM in all his dealings with crooks and druggies suspect maybe someone was in the house or had been in the house and murdered his father. He should have been at least a little frightened perhaps.

IMO, being well into the booze in the afternoon, witnessed by someone who visits "occasionally" doesn't necessarily categorize those drinkers as alcoholics. I know lots of folks who have afternoon tippling on the patio when they have company and consider it a form of entertaining. Doesn't mean they're drinking themselves into oblivion night and day 24/7. Some people can drink and hold their booze and not be classified as alcoholics. It doesn't sound as if Wayne was unable to get out of bed in the mornings or unable to live up to his responsibilities with Millardair.

While we don’t know the extent of the relationship between EG and her brother, my thought is his insight into the lives of his sister and WM would be far greater than that of an occasional visitor.

At the time the brother made the comment, both his sister and WM were already deceased. Rather than reminiscing about enjoyable times they’d all spent together, it’s surprising that he chooses to say “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze”. This is the very first interview that I recall alcohol being mentioned. That’s in addition to WMs admission to JC about “his problem with alcohol”, plus the autopsy indicating liver damage with no other apparent medical explanation.

Whether WM was an alcoholic or not still does not justify murder.

The other thought is why didn't DM in all his dealings with crooks and druggies suspect maybe someone was in the house or had been in the house and murdered his father. He should have been at least a little frightened perhaps.

Because DM did it himself!
Also if DM claimed that someone broke into the house and killed his dad, that would bring the heat on full force with a full homicide investigation. DM didn’t want that because he needed the LE to believe that dear daddy was a depressed alcoholic and committed suicide because his life was so horrendous :rolleyes:

JMO

Just as an FYI. This is the obituary of WM's former girlfriend, Elizabeth Glass. If you recall WM's obituary, donations were requested for the Elizabeth Glass Animal Welfare Foundation that is noted below. Sad for WM to have lost her.

Elizabeth Mary September 30, 1951 In Loving Memory Of Glass In Loving Memory of GLASS, Elizabeth Mary September 30, 1951 - May 19, 2009 Elizabeth was born at Harrow-on-the-Hill, London, England to John Glass and Rosalie Joel. In 1957, the Glass family moved to Toronto. John Glass was a master tailor and supervisor at Tip Top Tailors and Moores. Rosalie became one of the first female bank managers in Canada. Elizabeth's brother Stephen is an accomplished naval architect whose designs Elizabeth often boasted of. Elizabeth was a proud aunt of twins Eric and Simon, and she followed closely their growing-up achievements. In the 1970's, Elizabeth returned to England for a few years where she became a top buyer for Selfridges, as well as modeling the latest designer fashions. She later became an esthetician, which she practiced until her cancer operation in November 2006. Elizabeth was a gentle and kind soul. She had great empathy for animals, which likely started with her devotion to her childhood pony "Chico", who she still spoke of in her final years. Her Elizabeth Glass Animal Welfare Foundation was established to offer help to injured or abandoned urban wildlife. Members of the Glass and Joel Family are invited to call Elizabeth's executor at 416-695-2521. There are family photos and mementos which should be passed on within family.10194196
http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=503761
Elizabeth Mary September 30, 1951 In Loving Memory Of Glass - Obituaries - Toronto, ON - Your Life Moments

These photos were attached to EG's obituary. She was beautiful....

TSPR4153606(1).jpg
TSPR4163606(3).jpg
TSPR4153606(2).jpg

Elizabeth Mary September 30, 1951 In Loving Memory Of Glass - Obituaries - Toronto, ON - Your Life Moments

That’s a good point! Since Ms Campbell mentioned two going to the amnesty program, perhaps he gave three to the friend (if he had five as some have said).

While we don’t know the extent of the relationship between EG and her brother, my thought is his insight into the lives of his sister and WM would be far greater than that of an occasional visitor.

At the time the brother made the comment, both his sister and WM were already deceased. Rather than reminiscing about enjoyable times they’d all spent together, it’s surprising that he chooses to say “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze”. This is the very first interview that I recall alcohol being mentioned. That’s in addition to WMs admission to JC about “his problem with alcohol”, plus the autopsy indicating liver damage with no other apparent medical explanation.

Whether WM was an alcoholic or not still does not justify murder.

Somebody did testify the fatty liver damage could be caused by medication too. I suspect both contributed. The liver can only take so much detoxifying of substances.

I do find it interesting that he turned in his guns when he did, and wonder if it was only because of the program in effect at that time, or is that due to having seen a red flag(s) in his son? Did he have reason to fear having guns in the house? DM would've been 25 at that time. (It seems that DM didn't take the definite turn toward criminality until 2011 though, apparently?)

Who knows what he's done criminally over the years. Probably more than we have a peak at.

I understand he met MS in 2008. IIRC someone else who had met MS implied he was a bit scary. Good reason not to have guns in the house with the likes of him around.

The girl Dana painted a good picture in Wayward Son. He was 22 and she was 17 I believe providing pot and drinks for underaged high schoolers. She eventually wondered why he was hanging out with 18 yr olds. He was arrested in 2008 for pot possession. I imagine many red flags plus that he couldn't seem to focus on one paid career. Wayward son

Then we have DM’s Jail house letters of “but DM didn’t have a gang name” but MS did....So was DM trying to fit into MJW’s gang. I’m not entirely sure of the significance of the left eye being shot out but seems to be something of significance to MJW.

JMO

MS gave him the gang name "dee mon" as in demon IIRC

While I wasn't exactly thinking roast beef, lol, I thought too that there must be something he could have used to more accurately sub-in for a human head. Sorry to be graphic, but why not use another mammalian head of similar dimensions and weight. I was actually surprised that Pillay didn't comment in some way.

I think the problem is no matter what he used there would be anomalies that could be disputed.

Somebody did testify the fatty liver damage could be caused by medication too. I suspect both contributed. The liver can only take so much detoxifying of substances.

Fatty liver can be caused by many, many things. But I think we have established by various means that WM did indeed have a problem with alcohol so it moves alcohol as the causative factor higher up on the differential diagnosis. Speaking here from an NP perspective in determining medical diagnoses. Without knowing his full medical history though it's tough to say with certainty.

I think the problem is no matter what he used there would be anomalies that could be disputed.

Launching off that...something I've been thinking about for a few days...why do you think they involved a reconstructionist in such a limited way? Wouldn't it have been helpful from the Crown's perspective to have had testing done with relation to bullet trajectory etc?
I have no expertise or experience whatsoever as it relates to crime scene reenactment or ballistics etc...I know the scope of the investigation was limited from the outset given they were so quick to determine this was suicide but once they did decide to investigate his death, why wouldn't they have asked for a broader scope than was requested?

As for money being tight, there was a tweet during this trial that said WM mortgaged his home to help finance the completion of the hanger. Risking the roof over ones head is the ultimate last resort for business owners. That for me was the true indication of how tight finances had become prior to WMs death, no future cash flow in sight.

Then where did DM get his $835,000 to buy the farm, and $1 million for the Riverside apartments...and we don't know what he paid for his and his fiance's Oakville home? Sounds like moving money around IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500