weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure there was time for her to search the house for a suitable knife. The whole thing took place in, what was it? A minute and a half or something?
62 seconds...

But, who's counting. :facepalm:

In lisasalinger theory he is shot first.

I'm just mind bending tonight. I've always thought, and still pretty much do, that he was stabbed first.

Just throwing out the suicide cover up plan to see what people think.

Don't know if anyone has ever pontificated this, but I'm wondering about something. What if... Jodi was going to make it look like Travis committed suicide?

She knew he wanted her out of his life, and he wanted to get back on the straight and narrow in his life. But the sex was his downfall.

She taped the phone sex, egged him on so much in conversations to make him say over the top emotional stuff, went there all shaved and ready for sex... they have sex and take all sorts of naughty pics... now she has what she needs. She could take those pics back home with her and have them ready to go.

Travis was shot near the temple... usually when people kill themselves with a gun it's either in the mouth or on the temple. In the mouth may have been too difficult, but maybe she tried the temple thinking that would kill him immediately. Then she could perhaps stage the scene, put the gun in his hand, whatever else people do to stage that type of stuff.

When the cops would start digging in to his life, they would find all the kinky sex stuff and perhaps she would plant other things, to lead everybody to the assumption that he just couldn't live as a "fraud" anymore. (for the record, I don't think he was a fraud... just using JA thought process).

Abandoning the ME testimony for just a second here... the shot came first, tried to make it look like a suicide shot to temple... he didn't die and fought back, hence the defensive wounds. Turned in to a blood bath with a knife. Now there is no way she can make it look like suicide, that's why she erases the pics. Doesn't need them anymore and certainly doesn't want there to be evidence.

IDK... this thought literally just occured to me tonight. What do you guys think?

I think that is a really good thought. If so, I am glad it did not work. It could have been convincing.

Agree. It's the overkill that gives her plan away. Aside from the forensics, the overkill screams knife first because if she'd planned to kill him with a shot to the head she'd not have the knife wound overkill.

If she couldn't have him no one would!

I'm just mind bending tonight. I've always thought, and still pretty much do, that he was stabbed first.

Just throwing out the suicide cover up plan to see what people think.

I am on the fence of Gun/first vs Knife/first. I see arguments for and against both.

It's my belief that Travis thought she was long gone. I don't believe for one second, he let her take those pictures of him in the shower. He had already found out some horrible stuff about her, and she had betrayed him according to the May text messages...I will never believe he trusted her one bit after that. I don't know if I believe she had been there since 4 a.m. and he allowed her to sleep there. But..that is possible.

I'm sticking with the medical examiner report. I think she attacked him in the shower, and he had no idea it was coming or that she was still in the house.

JMO.

So you think that he was showering with the shower door open believing that she had left? You also believe that he turned his back to the open shower door (camera) and put his hands up on the wall thinking he was alone?

Whichever one it was that was house sitting for his girlfriends parents. I do not know his name nor do I know the name of the other roomate. I simply know that one roomate was not home at all that night.

That was cleared up in a follow up interview With Zach B, it is on page 17 of the Flores report. He was house sitting on Mond. the 2nd he returned home on the third.

If that were the case, why have the knife handy?

That darn knife, I'm not sure we will ever know, even if JA were to EVER come out with another story and call it the truth, would we believe her? I wouldn't.

Sadly, the knife can be explained in a host of scenarios, none of them good. The fact is, wherever it came from, it was used to butcher TA, and 2 out of the 3 fatal wounds were by the knife.

IMO, What we do know is that the knife was not found in TA's house, so JA took it, whether it was hers or TA's. LE testified the knife was not found in the house, and the tip is broken off of it, it was found by ME in TA's skull.

Since she got rid of the gun and her clothes, IMO she got rid of the knife too, unless it was one of the ones found in her getaway rental car in mid July, or found in her room and we haven't been told yet. There is a lot we do not know yet about her arrest, and searches of the rental car, her GP's home, and her parents home.

The fact that LE found knives in the rental car and that TA had tires slashed indicate she was comfortable having a knife on her for whatever reason on at least 3 occasions, so not a stretch to believe she had a knife in her purse, backpack, or luggage.

I'm not sure there was time for her to search the house for a suitable knife. The whole thing took place in, what was it? A minute and a half or something?

One of the crime scene pics shows a missing knife from the block in the kitchen. She would have run there and grabbed it. there is some truth to SOME of what Jodi says. its mixed in with the lies though. Shooting him first might be the truth.

One of the crime scene pics shows a missing knife from the block in the kitchen. She would have run there and grabbed it. there is some truth to SOME of what Jodi says. its mixed in with the lies though. Shooting him first might be the truth.

In 62 seconds? She shot him, ran downstairs, got a knife, then back upstairs to stab him 29 times?

Look at her pants and socks. Jodi said her ankles were scratched up. She probably hid the knife in her socks, under those flared pants. Gun in a jacket pocket or waistband. Squatting to take pics would make that knife scratch or cut your ankles/lower legs up.
She clean under his fingernails? Bet yes.

IMOO, Because the first gunshot didn't kill him, the knife was Plan B because she couldn't leave him alive, then the fury began.

Then after placing him back in the shower, she fired the gun again. The second time the gun didn't jam, misfire, or get knocked out of her hand. moo

Agree. It's the overkill that gives her plan away. Aside from the forensics, the overkill screams knife first because if she'd planned to kill him with a shot to the head she'd not have the knife wound overkill.

It's my belief that Travis thought she was long gone. I don't believe for one second, he let her take those pictures of him in the shower. He had already found out some horrible stuff about her, and she had betrayed him according to the May text messages...I will never believe he trusted her one bit after that. I don't know if I believe she had been there since 4 a.m. and he allowed her to sleep there. But..that is possible.

I'm sticking with the medical examiner report. I think she attacked him in the shower, and he had no idea it was coming or that she was still in the house.

JMO.

Yes. Makes sense.

A couple of folks have asked about the phone calls between Travis and Jodi during the couple of days leading up to his death. They are as follows:

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 secs = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 secs = 40.83 mins
Please note that the time between calls shows that the phone call was disconected and then Travis immediately called her back.

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 secs
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 secs = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 secs = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:31 pm 49 secs

6/4/08 11:37 pm ~ This is the call in which Jodi left the voicemail about Travis visiting her in Yreka even though it is over 5 hours after she killed him.

I also noticed another post as to why Jodi did not kill Travis as soon as she arrived at his home. I am reminded of what Jodi told Det Flores during the second interview, "I chickened out like a little b@tch." I have believed all along that she fully intended to kill Travis while he slept and then move along to make her estimated time of arrival to meet Ryan. Jodi would have arrived at Travis' home around 3 am based on the time of her last purchase in Pasadena and the number of hours it would take to drive to Travis' home. If she left immediately after killing Travis and headed to meet Ryan she would have arrived an hour or so later than Ryan expected her. Instead she arrived at Ryan's closer to 23 hours later than Ryan expected her.

Re BBM

JMO
This is a great theory. I agree this is very possible. I keep remembering her statements about staring at him and the dog made some kind of sound that busted her. I really think she was trying to sneak up on him and get close enough to stab him with the knife. Even if the roomate was home, she may have been planning on using the knife as a silent kill.

You make some great points that if she had done it right away and drove right on over to Ryan's house, it would have been much harder to prove she had enough time to drive all the way to Travis house. The whole "ninja" story when she was being interviewed makes me think she really was trying to be that Ninja.

I think if Travis said Mimi cancelled and Jodi could go to Cancun, told Jodi that Mimi and him were nothing but friends. Jodi probably would have thought, game on again...for awhile. I think it was just a matter of time before she killed Travis and I think she'll kill again if she feels she's losing control or sets her marriage sights on. She probably had Cancun clothes packed, she did have the sunscreen bought and she wore long sleeves that she had to have packed for
Utah in 90 degree weather, that ought to tell you premeditated most of all.

So you think that he was showering with the shower door open believing that she had left? You also believe that he turned his back to the open shower door (camera) and put his hands up on the wall thinking he was alone?

I think Travis was just taking a shower. Yes, I think JA was taking pictures without him being aware that she was still in the house. By her own story, she was crouched on the ground, off to the side...doesn't make sense. She was hiding, crouching, stalking and doing it without his knowledge. I do not, for one second, believe he was willingly doing a photo shoot with her. No way.

JA lies when it suits her. Is it to her advantage to say she stabbed him first? No.
Is it to her advantage to say Travis was not abusive but rather wonderful to her? No.

I don't consider anything JA says and I hope the jury doesn't either.

My double-u key doesn't vork (!), so if I sound like I'm doing a bad Garbo imitation please forgive:

Does anyone kno vhy JA fired her first DT?

Have you tried popping the "w" off the keyboard and replacing it with a key you don't use often like "home"?

Do we know for sure they had sex that day before he was killed or just her word??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member