weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stabbing and slitting one's throat is about "up close and personal" as one can get and full of rage.

Jodi brought the knife to slash car tires, repeatedly. Jodi bought another gun, the 9mm and hid two more knives in her books, found when arrested.
Why is it so hard to believe Jodi brought the weapons on her premeditated murder trip along with 15 cans of gas in the trunk, flipped tags, cell phone off in AZ, Ryan alibi, "gas receipts" to prove she went to Utah via Mom's statement, .25 auto stolen from Gpa'house...same as Travis shot with. Let's not forget she said he loaded the gun in Dec. 07 , after she already told another version. Diary story about him wanting to commit suicide with gun, he had yet to buy one in '08. What? Then, we find out she wrote in her diary about that lame story with the ninety-some dollars over-drawn charges that, Travis wouldn't pay, NAY, yelled at her to balance her check-book but was demanding money. Could that have been money owed to him or even stolen by Jodi? I seriously doubt Travis gave his banking info to Jodi or any of his passwords. By now, just about everything Jodi says should be dismissed as lies.

I don't know Kayice! It's crystal clear to me. I love how Mikee Daniels explains the premediation part. As he says, she was a 'photographer' and said she didn't go anywhere without her camera. Why didn't she take scenic photos on the beautiful road trip???? Everything points to premeditation. Her story makes NO sense!

BBM~ Again, i'm certainly not siding with Jodi. :floorlaugh:

Answer this, why was he not brutally killed in his bed? bedroom? closet? doorway?

For every cause there is an effect, and something triggered the struggle in the bathroom was all I was saying.

It's ok, your questions are all valid. This is why we are all here discussing it... to brainstorm and figure things out.

As frustrating as it is for us to not have exact answers to these questions, it doesn't really matter in this case, I believe, in order to get a conviction.

She went thru numerous documented activities to premediate a murder, she showed up, he ended up dead, she cleaned up, covered up and has lied about it ever since.

Sometimes you just have to get out of the "weeds" as they say, and just look at the cold hard facts.

BBM

So, Travis was found on June 10. "That week prior" would probably refer to the early morning phone conversations on June 2, the last time that we know of that HE initiated contact. Four hours later, she picked up the rental car. :twocents:

And here are the links. I didn't scroll through all the pages to see if anybody relayed them.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias1.pdf
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias2.pdf

Thanks. Will read tomorrow.

But I thought jodi stole Travis` journal....so now why is the defense using them?

We'll never know for sure why in that exact moment it happened, all we can do is speculate what is possible:

1. His roomate(s) were home when she got there so she couldn't just fire off a gun at 4am without somebody noticing.

2. She also could have been legitimately exhausted. If we believe her, she says they slept until 1pm the next day. So now we have a window of 1pm to 5:30pm.

3. She may have wanted to have sex with him one last time. Bizarre, yes, but she is a freaky chic.

4. Maybe the sex was part of a blackmail scheme, hence the pictures, just in case she ever needed them. One last effort at keeping him. Maybe he refused, said some more "mean" stuff to her and she knew in that moment that she was done. She then later erased the pics because she didn't need them, and obviously they would be evidence too.

5.The shower was a perfect opportunity to get him vulnerable... wet, naked, closed in area, not expecting her to attack.

I would imagine that murders usually occur opportunistically (is that a word, haha, it's late and i'm tired). Somebody can have a premeditated notion of what they are going to do, but once they are face to face with the person, situations change and the murderer needs to adjust their plan.

I have no doubt, because of evidence presented, that she premeditated this. Her actions show that she gave it thought, and carried out the planning in advance. How it all went down is actually somewhat insignificant. It's more significant that she stole the gun, brought the gun, planned an alibi (Ryan/UT trip), rented a car, turned the plates upside down, colored her hair, filled up gas cans, kept receipts that would show she wasn't in AZ during the trip because she used the gas in the cans, etc, etc. I would have to abandon my logical thinking to believe that all of these pieces are coincidence. They tie together perfectly and Travis ended up dead.

Excellent summary.
You summed it up real well. It is amazing all the premeditation things she has done. She even called his phone afterwards and left messages on his phone to pretend she did not know he was dead.

A couple of folks have asked about the phone calls between Travis and Jodi during the couple of days leading up to his death. They are as follows:

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 secs = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 secs = 40.83 mins
Please note that the time between calls shows that the phone call was disconected and then Travis immediately called her back.

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 secs
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 secs = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 secs = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:31 pm 49 secs

6/4/08 11:37 pm ~ This is the call in which Jodi left the voicemail about Travis visiting her in Yreka even though it is over 5 hours after she killed him.

I also noticed another post as to why Jodi did not kill Travis as soon as she arrived at his home. I am reminded of what Jodi told Det Flores during the second interview, "I chickened out like a little b@tch." I have believed all along that she fully intended to kill Travis while he slept and then move along to make her estimated time of arrival to meet Ryan. Jodi would have arrived at Travis' home around 3 am based on the time of her last purchase in Pasadena and the number of hours it would take to drive to Travis' home. If she left immediately after killing Travis and headed to meet Ryan she would have arrived an hour or so later than Ryan expected her. Instead she arrived at Ryan's closer to 23 hours later than Ryan expected her.

Thanks for the call info. Can't agree with the killing him while he slept. Had 2 roommates sleeping upstairs, why risk waking them? One of the bedrooms shared a wall with TA's bedroom.

I guess I should have put, hard not to believe she brought the gun and knife, Rose.

Jodi probably had her whole murder kit with her, weapons, change of clothes, gas, Costco water, screwdriver for tags, sunblock...just in case, Travis changed his mind about Cancun and Mimi was out. j/k.
I love Mikee. He is right about her camera and pics. Where is her camera?

Yes! :rocker:

Thanks! I guess some days we post are brains are elsewhere or somewhere it has gone before.

I know darn well Jodi planned this from even before the May25 text. She provoked him, he called her out, she stole the gun, and off on her "road trip" she goes with RB/SLC as her alibi.

There is no "self-defense", abuse or anything.

She is a cold blooded killer and will kill again. She can never ever bet let out.

Phew! Glad I got that off my chest. :seeya:

It's ok, your questions are all valid. This is why we are all here discussing it... to brainstorm and figure things out.

As frustrating as it is for us to not have exact answers to these questions, it doesn't really matter in this case, I believe, in order to get a conviction.

She went thru numerous documented activities to premediate a murder, she showed up, he ended up dead, she cleaned up, covered up and has lied about it ever since.

Sometimes you just have to get out of the "weeds" as they say, and just look at the cold hard facts.

Don't know if anyone has ever pontificated this, but I'm wondering about something. What if... Jodi was going to make it look like Travis committed suicide?

She knew he wanted her out of his life, and he wanted to get back on the straight and narrow in his life. But the sex was his downfall.

She taped the phone sex, egged him on so much in conversations to make him say over the top emotional stuff, went there all shaved and ready for sex... they have sex and take all sorts of naughty pics... now she has what she needs. She could take those pics back home with her and have them ready to go.

Travis was shot near the temple... usually when people kill themselves with a gun it's either in the mouth or on the temple. In the mouth may have been too difficult, but maybe she tried the temple thinking that would kill him immediately. Then she could perhaps stage the scene, put the gun in his hand, whatever else people do to stage that type of stuff.

When the cops would start digging in to his life, they would find all the kinky sex stuff and perhaps she would plant other things, to lead everybody to the assumption that he just couldn't live as a "fraud" anymore. (for the record, I don't think he was a fraud... just using JA thought process).

Abandoning the ME testimony for just a second here... the shot came first, tried to make it look like a suicide shot to temple... he didn't die and fought back, hence the defensive wounds. Turned in to a blood bath with a knife. Now there is no way she can make it look like suicide, that's why she erases the pics. Doesn't need them anymore and certainly doesn't want there to be evidence.

IDK... this thought literally just occured to me tonight. What do you guys think?

Actually only one roomate was home that night. If I am not mistaken there had been times when both roomates had been out of the house for the night at the same time before. And why else would Jodi make the expected time of her arrival to see her "alibi" as early as she did if she intended to stay at Travis' house for more than a few minutes? It would make more sense for her to have told Ryan that she would be spending the night with Daryl's sister than it would for her to make plans to meet with Ryan between 12 and 1 pm on 6/4/08. The whole point of an alibi is to be there when the crime supposedly took place.

MOO

No, no, you are misunderstanding me.

I believe it was premeditated; but ... why did she not kill him the moment she came in to his house?

What led from the shower pics to his demise. Something had to give.

Are you saying, she took photos of him, and all of sudden attacked him?

What this photo shower shoot part of the fantasy? Whoever believes they did not have sex that day, clearly don't get the memory on a memory card is hard coded. Only computer forensics technicians can get that off a chip.

Or did he really tell her off again except no via text, phone or email, but this time face-face?

Either words or actions by Travis was the final rejection for Jodi in moo.

Did he deserve to die, no. Does Jodi- YES. :furious:

I think she had a few reasons not to kill him the minute she arrived. One, she did not know if there were any other people home. Two, I think she might have hesitated or reconsidered upon seeing him, hoping he would be in love again. And three, it had to be the right moment. she just had a pea shooter with her. If she pulled it out and just wounded him, then what. [ which is what maybe happened.]

I think she wanted to have sex one more time, get pictures for mementos, and then MAYBE spare his life if he would say the right things. But he probably told her he needed to get ready for his phone conference, and she should hit the road.

But she could not kill him then until he showered, because of her DNA. So she talked him into that vulnerable place, and I think she thought it was going to be much easier than it was. :cry: :rose:

Don't know if anyone has ever pontificated this, but I'm wondering about something. What if... Jodi was going to make it look like Travis committed suicide?

She knew he wanted her out of his life, and he wanted to get back on the straight and narrow in his life. But the sex was his downfall.

She taped the phone sex, egged him on so much in conversations to make him say over the top emotional stuff, went there all shaved and ready for sex... they have sex and take all sorts of naughty pics... now she has what she needs. She could take those pics back home with her and have them ready to go.

Travis was shot near the temple... usually when people kill themselves with a gun it's either in the mouth or on the temple. In the mouth may have been too difficult, but maybe she tried the temple thinking that would kill him immediately. Then she could perhaps stage the scene, put the gun in his hand, whatever else people do to stage that type of stuff.

When the cops would start digging in to his life, they would find all the kinky sex stuff and perhaps she would plant other things, to lead everybody to the assumption that he just couldn't live as a "fraud" anymore. (for the record, I don't think he was a fraud... just using JA thought process).

Abandoning the ME testimony for just a second here... the shot came first, tried to make it look like a suicide shot to temple... he didn't die and fought back, hence the defensive wounds. Turned in to a blood bath with a knife. Now there is no way she can make it look like suicide, that's why she erases the pics. Doesn't need them anymore and certainly doesn't want there to be evidence.

IDK... this thought literally just occured to me tonight. What do you guys think?

If that were the case, why have the knife handy?

A couple of folks have asked about the phone calls between Travis and Jodi during the couple of days leading up to his death. They are as follows:

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 secs = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 secs = 40.83 mins
Please note that the time between calls shows that the phone call was disconected and then Travis immediately called her back.

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 secs
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 secs = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 secs = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:31 pm 49 secs

6/4/08 11:37 pm ~ This is the call in which Jodi left the voicemail about Travis visiting her in Yreka even though it is over 5 hours after she killed him.

I also noticed another post as to why Jodi did not kill Travis as soon as she arrived at his home. I am reminded of what Jodi told Det Flores during the second interview, "I chickened out like a little b@tch." I have believed all along that she fully intended to kill Travis while he slept and then move along to make her estimated time of arrival to meet Ryan. Jodi would have arrived at Travis' home around 3 am based on the time of her last purchase in Pasadena and the number of hours it would take to drive to Travis' home. If she left immediately after killing Travis and headed to meet Ryan she would have arrived an hour or so later than Ryan expected her. Instead she arrived at Ryan's closer to 23 hours later than Ryan expected her.

Also, one of TA's roommates was home at that time. Might as well get some rest until they leave.

Flores interrogation tape! (Jodie said to her dad) that she and Travis were going to get married. Cracked me up she actually, Asked detective flores if she could take a lie detector test! Would it help her.
Delusional lol

She knew darn well that lie detector tests are not admissible. She just asked that to show that she was WILLING to take one, since she was innocent, but not if it wasn't going to help her to do so. Yeah, right.

BBM~ Again, i'm certainly not siding with Jodi. :floorlaugh:

Answer this, why was he not brutally killed in his bed? bedroom? closet? doorway?

For every cause there is an effect, and something triggered the struggle in the bathroom was all I was saying.

The tiny shower, was the PERFECT place to corral him before she attacked him. Once she began her assault he had to be contained or he might escape or worse. So having him wet, naked and boxed in was the perfect scenario.

Was it handy or did she have to make a run for it while Travis went to the sink?

I'm not sure there was time for her to search the house for a suitable knife. The whole thing took place in, what was it? A minute and a half or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl