weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya. Remember OJ's gloves? :facepalm:
Rookie mistake by Christopher Darden. Never should have had him try them on in open court for the first time. He was trying for a Perry Mason moment and it failed because the gloves had shrunk due to the volume of blood, and OJ didn't take his arthritis meds and was mugging them not fitting, also should have had a latex glove on underneath the glove.

Support their client to the best of their abilities, nothing more, nothing less.

They are doing just that, sadly their best is all about destroying the victim with all their lies. Juan Martinez is doing his job also, very well, without destroying anyone, without telling lies.

Chris Highes testified in a hearing without the jury that Nurmi called Sky and told her he had original letters from Travis to Jodi about his pedophilia. He LIED to her. Nurmi knew already that those letters were forged. Sky was so horrified because she did not think Nurmi would lie, him being an attorney, and she emailed a friend about it. Then when Nurmi realized he might have the Hughes on Jodi's side, he subpoenaed them as witnesses. Chris Hughes called Nurmi a liar in court. He sure did. :)

This has to be not only one of the most unethical,but stupidest things anyone can do.Why would Nurmi do a thing like this when he knows Juan is going to investigate the letters.Can't Nurmi be brought in front of the BA for this??

She scored high on verbal comprehension because she has been guessing what words mean all her life. Remember, the verbal comprehension portion of the IQ test is multiple choice--she might be able to guess the meaning of the word ally if you gave her three choices: a) a vegetable b) a tool c) a friend.

You can tell she does not read much because she does not understand the connotation --and sometimes even the denotation--of words. It does not matter how high your ability to verbalize may be, if you have no exposure to polysyllabic words used in print and in conversation, you do not know how (of if) the words are actually used by human beings at this time in this culture.

The socializing that Arias has done most of her life has been with low class, less educated people. In this group, Arias feels like Einstein. You can always feel good about yourself if you lower your peer group enough. Now that she is associating with better educated people, she is trying to fit in by using what she believes to be an elite lexicon.

It would be funny if she were harmless instead of a vicious parasitic predator.
Jodi does not understand the connotation of many words, nor the denotation of those words...

But she sure knows how to detonate words! :giggle:

:fireworks:

and how to slaughter the English language! :viking:

I think it's there to stay. Jodi will have a singles ad there and likely they will try and help her sell her art in some way although she can't profit, they are sophisticated in getting around US laws. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada and Canadians.

I very rarely go look but did some research for that interview and ran across it again.

I do for the most part know how to set boundaries around stuff like this. I've not once visited the Jodi is Innocent site nor will I. But obviously our case is more personal and every few years I get stirred in to action. And we have a potential execution looming close maybe...we've discussed that recently like will we attend etc. these are discussions we have to have from time to time...but I rarely go there in my personal life.

That hideous site that hosted Luka M's snuff film is based here too. :banghead: I'm going to find out if there's something I can do from here. I had forgotten about those folks since the SP case and should have acted then. Same with the snuff site. Shame on me.

Hang in there Katie!!!! You're surrounded by friends!!:hug:

I agree that money can buy a better defense, but I'm not sure that there's a bigger budget in this case than there is in any other DP case tried in AZ. Jodi isn't paying for her defense and the State can't decide to pay more for one defendant's defense than another, can it?

Do we want anyone to pay for Jodi's defense? She admitted the murder!

If you listen closely to the things Det. Flores says to her in the interrogations, I think she got the idea that he was hinting to her to make up a story involving someone else.

Long before she makes up the ninja tale he says things about not finding any evidence of anyone else being there, etc. and even tells her she has to give him more, 'their details' - I think that's why the ninja story is so dumb, she thought he was going to help her make something believable up.

They did talk on the phone a few times before he came to Yreka and she is used to being able to manipulate people so I don't think it's too far out there to think she thought the nice detective was going help the maiden in distress as so many men have previously.

She admitted on the stand that she came up with that story because Det. Flores mentioned that it looked like the work of at least two people

I think I was misunderstood. I feel your pain and I know what you've gone through. I've gone through a similar situation. I was talking about what the poster children supporters and reading or listening to what they have said. The idea that there are groups that support those people is totally disgusting. I've been tortured in the same sort of way as you described and still go through it. Any attention given to the offender/criminal makes my skin crawl. The one I refer to went unpunished even though he committed murder. The fact that he walks the streets, breathes the air and lives the high life despite his many crimes is very hard to deal with. I literally live for the day that he no longer breathes on this earth. I'm sorry if you thought I was being offensive, I didn't mean to sound that way. I really was more reacting to that website.

I thought you sounded caring, actually. (((Hugs)))

VERY O/T here.. trying to read and one of my cats is snoring sooo loud it has become a distraction... wow!

LOL. Yep I admit I am likely downside up.

Just so long as you're not outside in.

Or, like JA, peering out from inside the 'joint':
nancy-grace-visits-jodi-arias-jail-square-hln.jpg

I can certainly appreciate that. But it's also at times like this that people like me (glued to my computer because I am too sick to write a lecture) begin t think that they should not be intruding into this space. I feel like a voyeur, and it's disturbing. Some of you have had such terrible tragedies that have caused you to be that much more vested in justice than do I. I actually may stop posting, out of respect for people like you who really should be heard by as wide an audience as possible.

Please don't stop posting, Sleuth5. Your point of view has been very illuminating for me. The strength of websleuths is the diversity of backgrounds, education, expertise, experience. The victim experience is only one element to bring to the table in the pursuit of justice. Being a victim advocate allows you to bring your considerable intelligence and education to our shared goal of achieving justice in this country.

You are valued and needed here!

My mother always use to say "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

To which my father would holler out from the living room to reply, "Women that derive the entire identity from their husband turn into nasty, mean spirited, snippy old hens."

I always wondered what he meant by that. :confused:

Gosh, that remark from your father sounds pretty snarky to me.

Mark Eiglarsh, the Miami defense attorney who appears frequently on HLN, gave an exclusive interview to radaronline. He predicts that the jury will sentence JA to LWOP, maybe death. He discusses the jury questions and their implications. An interesting read. Sorry, I don't have the link.

Yes, who is Thomas Brown, please someone

EX-roommate of TA's that JA advised Det. Flores he should look in to concerning the murder.

Hi All...didn't know if you've seen this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members