Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015 #2

The thing is, they wouldn't even need to have an LE connection in the family (and the many comments on the Bring AJ Home FB page made it clear that they did - but who knows if those comments are still there since tons of stuff was deleted and edited over the last 8 months). All it would take is 1 call to the local PD "hi, I think my daughter is missing, I'm worried, what should I do?". And they (the PD would have informed her of exactly how it works.

Granted, in a frantic or high-anxiety situation lots of people I'm sure don't even think of the most obvious thing to do, so maybe that's why it was 36 hours after she was last seen that a report was even filed?

Oh, for sure. But if, for whatever reason, they weren't ready to call the PD, they had other options. I would never go on an assumption if my kids' well-being was in question.

Unless that charge is going to get dropped due to the plea deal. I think they might be possibly dropping that second charge which was the one with the bullets found in his room.

Was the heroin a state charge or a federal? I am under the impression there are different jurisdictions on this, and if so I don't think the feds can disrupt the state or local charges. But I'm just guessing on that.

I'm just getting caught back up, but wanted to respond to a couple of things that were brought up.

Someone asked why JH would wait to report her missing. Wasn't there that interview really early on where she's sitting in the chair at home with her phone out and saying that the texts didn't seem to be from her, but then in the next breath says something to the effect of "I believe she is safe." Or am I dreaming that??

So I would guess that if she is sitting there telling people that she thinks her daughter is "safe" she wasn't freaked out and frantic about reporting her missing. Now if it were ME, and I received weird texts about using heroin and those texts were supposed to be from my daughter, but didn't sound right and my daughter was now missing, well then I would be freaked out and frantic, but from what we saw early on, there was not a huge sense of urgency. She said herself she thought she was "safe."

Someone else wondered about where WH was that first week she was missing. I think I remember reading comments from the person who was supposedly the boss who said he had been away from work due to the searching. Again, am I crazy and not remembering correctly? If so, please correct me. This case has been so crazy with all the twisted stories, and now after so much time has passed, I certainly could be confused.

The thing is that we only are told a fraction of the info known to LE, and LE probably only knows a fraction of what actually happened. Not to mention Wes's word salads! And all the insanity of the family's behavior/rants/attacks that we had to weed through.
I wonder if we will ever get a true timeline.

moo

I'm just getting caught back up, but wanted to respond to a couple of things that were brought up.

Someone asked why JH would wait to report her missing. Wasn't there that interview really early on where she's sitting in the chair at home with her phone out and saying that the texts didn't seem to be from her, but then in the next breath says something to the effect of "I believe she is safe." Or am I dreaming that??

So I would guess that if she is sitting there telling people that she thinks her daughter is "safe" she wasn't freaked out and frantic about reporting her missing. Now if it were ME, and I received weird texts about using heroin and those texts were supposed to be from my daughter, but didn't sound right and my daughter was now missing, well then I would be freaked out and frantic, but from what we saw early on, there was not a huge sense of urgency. She said herself she thought she was "safe."

Someone else wondered about where WH was that first week she was missing. I think I remember reading comments from the person who was supposedly the boss who said he had been away from work due to the searching. Again, am I crazy and not remembering correctly? If so, please correct me. This case has been so crazy with all the twisted stories, and now after so much time has passed, I certainly could be confused.

The thing is that we only are told a fraction of the info known to LE, and LE probably only knows a fraction of what actually happened. Not to mention Wes's word salads! And all the insanity of the family's behavior/rants/attacks that we had to weed through.
I wonder if we will ever get a true timeline.

moo

One gets the impression of conflicted and controlling on the couch and thereafter. But can you truly be both? Her confusion would behoove early contact with LE and trusting their lead, which seemed not to have happened until they all testified under oath in court?

One gets the impression of conflicted and controlling on the couch and thereafter, but can you truly be both, as confusion would behoove early contact with LE and trusting their lead which seemed not to have happened until they all testified under oath in court?

WeJxb11435459048.jpg

One gets the impression of conflicted and controlling on the couch and thereafter, but can you truly be both, as confusion would behoove early contact with LE and trusting their lead which seemed not to have happened until they all testified under oath in court?

Sorry, but I'm not picking up what you are laying down. :dunno:

And if AJ's mom was so adamant about her not being a drug user and there was no way that it would ever happen wouldn't she be even more worried that something serious had happened to her knowing there was no way that those texts could have been the truth or coming from her?

Per WTKR the plea agreement terms are:

"According to Keith Kimball, his federal defense attorney, Hadsell plans to plead guilty to the purchase and possession of ammunition from the 2013 incident. This will be part of a plea agreement, Kimball says, where the second count of possession will be dismissed."

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/27/recent-indictment-shows-new-details-in-wesley-hadsell-case/

Per Virginia Pilot regarding his guilty plea today:

"Hadsell -- who also faces a state charge of heroin possession -- will be sentenced next year on March 18. Prosecutors believe he will face a mandatory minimum of 15 years, but Hadsell's defense attorney disagrees."

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/11/wesley-hadsell-pleads-guilty-federal-ammunition-charge

No word in any local media reports that a release is forthcoming or anticipated. At this point it seems that the sentencing on March 18 will be his next opportunity for any release pending the sentence given by the judge and being credited for the time served. Keeping in mind the state charge for the heroin possession has to come into the mix at some point.

Not sure on how the feds and state work out who gets to proceed at what point. Maybe since sentencing is the only part pending for feds that the state can proceed with their case while he awaits sentencing. I would presume that if the state charges resulted in a sentence that the fed time would take priority and once that time was served he'd be transferred back to state custody to serve the state sentence. I'm not sure if a fed and state sentence can be served concurrently, especially when they are not for multiple charges stemming from the same incident. Maybe someone w/ some process knowledge can chime in to clarify if this is a case by case situation or a standard protocol that's followed.

Per WTKR the plea agreement terms are:

"According to Keith Kimball, his federal defense attorney, Hadsell plans to plead guilty to the purchase and possession of ammunition from the 2013 incident. This will be part of a plea agreement, Kimball says, where the second count of possession will be dismissed."

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/27/recent-indictment-shows-new-details-in-wesley-hadsell-case/

Per Virginia Pilot regarding his guilty plea today:

"Hadsell -- who also faces a state charge of heroin possession -- will be sentenced next year on March 18. Prosecutors believe he will face a mandatory minimum of 15 years, but Hadsell's defense attorney disagrees."

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/11/wesley-hadsell-pleads-guilty-federal-ammunition-charge

No word in any local media reports that a release is forthcoming or anticipated. At this point it seems that the sentencing on March 18 will be his next opportunity for any release pending the sentence given by the judge and being credited for the time served. Keeping in mind the state charge for the heroin possession has to come into the mix at some point.

Not sure on how the feds and state work out who gets to proceed at what point. Maybe since sentencing is the only part pending for feds that the state can proceed with their case while he awaits sentencing. I would presume that if the state charges resulted in a sentence that the fed time would take priority and once that time was served he'd be transferred back to state custody to serve the state sentence. I'm not sure if a fed and state sentence can be served concurrently, especially when they are not for multiple charges stemming from the same incident. Maybe someone w/ some process knowledge can chime in to clarify if this is a case by case situation or a standard protocol that's followed.

Thank you! I guess that would answer the question on if the heroin is a state charge, which I would imagine it would be. I bet they have him run his sentences concurrently together. I would imagine that is what a lot of times happens unless it is a really severe crime like say...murder. I still wonder why they agreed to drop the second count of ammo. Either it could be because of the search warrant/affidavit or the argument that "That's not mine." excuse everyone gives.

Thank you! I guess that would answer the question on if the heroin is a state charge, which I would imagine it would be. I bet they have him run his sentences concurrently together. I would imagine that is what a lot of times happens unless it is a really severe crime like say...murder. I still wonder why they agreed to drop the second count of ammo. Either it could be because of the search warrant/affidavit or the argument that "That's not mine." excuse everyone gives.

I believe the ammo found in the hotel room is the same ammo purchased in 2013 to use at the shooting range. Makes sense they wouldn't try him for both. That is also why he said no one would ever find the gun.

You're not dreaming. That's exactly what she said, as she sat comfortably on the couch with her laptop and phone. I never got the vibe of any urgency from her whatsoever. That could mean she was in denial, a form of self-deception to make herself not panic, etc. But, she did already file a MPR so it's hard to say for sure what the deal was there. Me? I'd be freaking out. I normally go into auto-pilot when things go south but if I honestly thought one of my kids were missing with enough concern to actually file a missing persons report, I'm pretty sure no one would see me sitting calmly on the couch. I'd post the direct link to that video of her interview but my wifi is being utterly obnoxious right now. You can find it though if you go to wavy.com and search for Hadsell. I believe it's on page 3 of the search results, one of the very first articles. IIRC, that interview was on Thursday, March 5th, the same day pieces of AJ's bank card were found one street away near CF's house.

Someone claiming to be his employer made a comment on SM that defended the family's and said they needed it since WH hadn't been able to work much of that week, as he was with family. (paraphrased). Although WH himself mentioned in one of his jailhouse interviews he was actually at work, out of town, the day the debit card pieces were found. He received a phone call and came back into town. I distinctly remember saying "who does that?! who goes to work an hour away when your kid is missing??" The same person posted previously in defense of WH and claimed he was at work the day she went missing, and that it was documented. Again, paraphrasing. I have no doubt this person was 100% cooperative with LE, which is how they acquired the work van GPS. So your guess is as good as anyone else's. Either he was at work, or he wasn't.

The thing is that we only are told a fraction of the info known to LE, and LE probably only knows a fraction of what actually happened.

^ this, right here.

[video=youtube;MBbV94ZL7U0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBbV94ZL7U0[/video]

Well, the update from WAVY at 6 was a doozy. Nothing new reported at all. The update from LE is just that it is still an open and active investigation.

Well, the update from WAVY at 6 was a doozy. Nothing new reported at all. The update from LE is just that it is still an open and active investigation.

Yep that was about it. J.Fisher tweeted the entire update in advance. I was hoping for more newsworthy info from an "update" but I guess not.

:sheesh: the update that wasn't....

Hopefully the wheels of justice are just continuing to turn slowly...very slowly. Family and close friends of AJ's must be ready to rip their hair out waiting for some sort of "real" news on AJ's case moving forward (charges please!). I'd be insane by now, it's driving me nuts from the outside looking in!

Ahhh...just a concerned citizen here who wants all lowlife's who steal the futures of good people to be punished for doing so. Is that too much to ask? :gaah: :maddening:

I believe the ammo found in the hotel room is the same ammo purchased in 2013 to use at the shooting range. Makes sense they wouldn't try him for both. That is also why he said no one would ever find the gun.

Didn't they mention interstate trafficking on the ammo or one of the charges. That would lead me to believe that maybe some of that ammo was purchased online and was mailed to him.

Is anybody else having trouble viewing the video on WAVY from today? I cannot view it so just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem also? Thanks in advance.

[video=youtube;UhEo_Xh1YIE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhEo_Xh1YIE[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back