Norfolk Division
H'-fcrD

r? IN PErN COURT_
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
v.
WESLEY PAUL HADSELL,
Defendant.
CRIMINAL NO. 2:15crl 16
18 U.S.C. §§ 922(g)(1), 924(a)(2) & 924(e)
Felon in possession of ammunition
(Counts 1 and 2)
Forfeiture: 18 U.S.C. § 924(d) and
28 U.S.C. § 2461(c)
SUPERSEDING INDICTMENT
OCTOBER 2015 TERM - at Norfolk, Virginia
THE GRAND JURY CHARGES THAT:
COUNT 1
(Felon in possession of ammunition)
From on or about December 23, 2013, to on or about December 31, 2013, in the citiesof
Norfolk and Chesapeake, Virginia, in the Eastern District of Virginia, the defendant, WESLEY
PAUL HADSELL, having been previously convicted in a court ofa crime punishable by
imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, did knowingly and unlawfully possess in and
affecting interstate and foreign commerce ammunition, that is Winchester .40 S&W caliber
ammunition and Geco 9mm Luger ammunition,
said ammunition having been shipped and
transported in interstate and foreign commerce.

(In violation ofTitle 18, United States Code, Sections 922(g)(1), 924(a)(2) and 924(e).)

THE GRAND JURY FURTHER CHARGES THAT:
COUNT 2
(Felon in possession of ammunition)
On or about March 20, 2015, in the city ofNorfolk, Virginia, in the Eastern District of
Virginia, the defendant, WESLEY PAUL HADSELL, having been previously convicted in a
court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year, did knowingly and
unlawfully possess in and affecting interstate and foreign commerce ammunition, that is Geco
9mm Luger ammunition, said ammunition having been shipped and transported in interstate and
foreign commerce.
(In violation ofTitle 18, United States Code, Sections 922(g)(1), 924(a)(2) and 924(e).)

FORFEITURE
THE GRAND JURY FURTHER ALLEGES THAT:
Pursuant to Rule 32.2(a), the defendant is hereby notified that, if convicted ofthe violation
charged in Counts 1 and 2 ofthis Indictment, the defendant shall forfeit to the United States all
ammunition involved in or used in such violation. This property includes, but is not limited to:
approximately 80 rounds of Geco 9mm Luger ammunition.
(Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 924(d) and 28 U.S.C. § 2461(c).)

UnitedStates v. Wesley Paul Hadsell
Criminal No. 2:15cr116
Dana J. Bocnte
United States Attorney
By: C^
L.He
Assistant Unitra States Attorney
A TRUE BILL
l^edacj-cd

So you're probably right about the charges but why would it say that it was bought at Bob's Gun Shop that is located in Norfolk so I don't understand the interstate and foreign commerce part then.

http://wtkr.com/2015/10/27/recent-i...l-case/#ooid=05ZGtveDrm4JUT8AoE9q_Htfg-bdjCNA

Listen to what Marissa Jasek says at the :58 mark (first video in the article)
So they searched his cell too, is that what she said?

From the article ... oh, Wes.

Court records show police found a video on his cell phone showing him and AJ at a Chesapeake shooting range.

By phone earlier, NewsChannel 3's Marissa Jasek asked Hadsell about that video. At first, he said he didn't take it, that someone might have shared it with him. But then he admitted that was a lie.

“Well we did share it, but I don`t know if it`s the original or the shared because when you change phones you`ve got to redo everything,” said Hadsell.

Wesley Hadsell pleads guilty to federal ammunition charge
Doris Taylor & Mike Mather, and WTKR NewsChannel 3's Marissa Jasek, reports that she had asked
7:22 pm, Nov 6, '15

"Hadsell about that video. At first, he said he didn't take it, that someone might have shared it with him. But then he admitted that was a lie.

“Well we did share it, but I don`t know if it`s the original or the shared because when you change phones you`ve got to redo everything,” said Hadsell.

bbm

Thank you, OM. Great report, if only from the first words said, then all their work from before. I'm not exactly caught up, but what's the "we" about he mentions?

So they searched his cell too, is that what she said?

From the article ... oh, Wes.

Yep, searching his jail cell as well as his cell phone. I will assume random cell searches are normal, but I suspect WH thinks he's so slick they'd never find anything.

You know, like the GPS from the work van that he was driving that would prove he was never anywhere near that house. :thinking: He really is a special kind of stupid.

I thought of Susan Smith when I saw this.

Well, the update from WAVY at 6 was a doozy. Nothing new reported at all. The update from LE is just that it is still an open and active investigation.

Wesley Hadsell pleads guilty to federal ammunition charge
Doris Taylor & Mike Mather, and WTKR NewsChannel 3's Marissa Jasek, reports the she had asked
7:22 pm, Nov 6, '15

"Hadsell about that video. At first, he said he didn't take it, that someone might have shared it with him. But then he admitted that was a lie.

bbm

Thank you, OM. Great report, if only from the first words said, then all their work from before. I'm not exactly caught up, but what's the "we" about he mentions?

GREAT question. I'm going to assume it means WE as in, all those who were there at the shooting range that day - and/or who had the video sent to them. I have a hunch it wasn't just WH and AJ at the range, and that video was shared many times, privately - probably with others that knew he was an ex-con and wasn't even supposed to be in possession of ammo.

So, if I take a video today on my phone, and share it with a few close friends/family and then... get my phone replaced in 6 months, if I keep the same SIM card and pop it into my new phone, that video is still there. If I get a brand new SIM card, to get that video back on my phone, my new one, I'd have to have someone send me that vid, or go to my FB or wherever it was and re-download it.

Either way, as an ex-con, knowing full well it was illegal for him to be in possession of a weapon or ammo, saving digital evidence of his criminal activity makes him a genuine idiot. I mean, not that there was any confusion on that before, but having proof is always nice.

So, if I take a video today on my phone, and share it with a few close friends/family and then... get my phone replaced in 6 months, if I keep the same SIM card and pop it into my new phone, that video is still there. If I get a brand new SIM card, to get that video back on my phone, my new one, I'd have to have someone send me that vid, or go to my FB or wherever it was and re-download it.

Either way, as an ex-con, knowing full well it was illegal for him to be in possession of a weapon or ammo, saving digital evidence of his criminal activity makes him a genuine idiot. I mean, not that there was any confusion on that before, but having proof is always nice.

Yeah that is so true, but I guess I'm not too surprised. People do a lot of dumb sheet :) thinking they'll never get caught or that it doesn't matter. I'm sure that he wasn't worried that the people he shared that video with or who he was with would say anything. And heck, by the sounds of it, maybe AJ's friends weren't even aware that he was a felon or that he couldn't have ammo or a gun. I'm pretty sure that my kid with no real world experience would know that.

Wesley Hadsell to be sentenced in March in federal court for having ammunition as a felon @WTKR3

[video=twitter;662690981586862080]https://twitter.com/MarissaJasek/status/662690981586862080[/video]

I wonder why the sentencing is so far in the future...about four months. Is this normal? He will have been in jail almost a year by then. Will they sentence him to time served perhaps?

I wonder why the sentencing is so far in the future...about four months. Is this normal? He will have been in jail almost a year by then. Will they sentence him to time served perhaps?

Just a guess, but could the next move be to complain about why LE hasn't named a suspect, given what AJ's mom told WAVY today? Thus, an attempt to give some steam to their point of contention, that had it not been for AJ going missing Wes would never have been charged, and held, and so on...

I'm just getting caught back up, but wanted to respond to a couple of things that were brought up.

Someone asked why JH would wait to report her missing. Wasn't there that interview really early on where she's sitting in the chair at home with her phone out and saying that the texts didn't seem to be from her, but then in the next breath says something to the effect of "I believe she is safe." Or am I dreaming that??

So I would guess that if she is sitting there telling people that she thinks her daughter is "safe" she wasn't freaked out and frantic about reporting her missing. Now if it were ME, and I received weird texts about using heroin and those texts were supposed to be from my daughter, but didn't sound right and my daughter was now missing, well then I would be freaked out and frantic, but from what we saw early on, there was not a huge sense of urgency. She said herself she thought she was "safe."

Someone else wondered about where WH was that first week she was missing. I think I remember reading comments from the person who was supposedly the boss who said he had been away from work due to the searching. Again, am I crazy and not remembering correctly? If so, please correct me. This case has been so crazy with all the twisted stories, and now after so much time has passed, I certainly could be confused.

The thing is that we only are told a fraction of the info known to LE, and LE probably only knows a fraction of what actually happened. Not to mention Wes's word salads! And all the insanity of the family's behavior/rants/attacks that we had to weed through.
I wonder if we will ever get a true timeline.

moo

If memory serves, Wes was called and rushed home from work the day the credit card pieces were found. That was the 4th, I believe. So he was working at least up until that point.

The 2nd charge was dismissed when WH plead Guilty to the 1st Charge. JMHO because it was all the same ammo in the 2nd charge ~ the left overs. And there were other individuals there. (*wonder if someone got a gun for Christmas 2013?) Which is what I wondered a while back about who was in the video, and who video it. From the Statement of Facts in the Guilty Plea.... just goes to show that even though WH bought the ammo locally he was charged with the transit of it getting there. <<< WOW. Interesting too, that that was is same ammo from Dec 2013 still had, didn't go and shoot it up anywhere a yr and 3 mo later still had. JMHO

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE filed
IN OPEN COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF VIRGINIA
Norfolk Division
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
CLERK. U.S. DISTRICT COURT
NORFOLK. VA
v.
WESLEY PAUL HADSELL,
Defendant.
STATEMENT OF FACTS
The parties stipulate that the allegations in Count One ofthe Indictment and the following
facts are true and correct, and that had the matter gone to trial the United States would have
proven them beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. On or about December 23, 2013, in Norfolk, Virginia, WESLEY PAUL
HADSELL went to Bob's Gun Shop in Norfolk and purchased Winchester .40 S&W caliber
ammunition and Geco 9mm Luger ammunition. On or about December 31,2013, WESLEY
PAUL HADSELL took that ammunition to a gun range in Chesapeake, Virginia. At that range,
WESLEY PAUL HADSELL and other individuals utilized some ofthe ammunition. After the
trip to the gun range in Chesapeake, WESLEY PAUL HADSELL retained possession of
approximately 80 rounds of Geco 9mm Luger ammunition, which ammunition had not been
expended at the range.
The Geco 9mm Luger ammunition was manufactured in Switzerland,
and therefore had passed in interstate or foreign commerce. The .40 S&W caliber ammunition
was obtained by Bob's Gun Shop from a distributor outside Virginia, and therefore had passed in
interstate commerce.

The Sentencing in Federal Court from this case shows that it is normal for Sentencing to be long ways off. Nothing special in this case.

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF VIRGINIA
NORFOLK/NEWPORT NEWS DIVISION

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
v. Criminal No: 2:15crl 16
WESLEY PAUL HADSELL
SENTENCING PROCEDURES ORDER
1. The sentencing hearing shall be scheduled no earlier than EIGHTY (80) DAYS following
a plea of guilty or verdict of guilty,
and sentencing is scheduled in this case on
March 18, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in (X) Norfolk ( )Newport News.

I said the same thing here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ed-21-22-March-2015-2&p=12171464#post12171464 (but with way more words, because I'm too long winded for my own good.)

But yes, he was working at least until then.

I guess my point was he SAYS he was working. If the guy was really his boss, which no one had disputed, he said he had been away from work. But then Wes says he was working and rushed home from being an hour away. Was he really working? Or was he "working?" Was he disposing of evidence? Who knows what the heck he was doing.

But my other point was that although we know what Wes reported, we probably don't know much. Certainly LE knows more based on phone pings and maybe witnesses at a job site, if he was at one, but to me it's all still a big question mark.

moo, of course.

The 2nd charge was dismissed when WH plead Guilty to the 1st Charge. JMHO because it was all the same ammo in the 2nd charge ~ the left overs. And there were other individuals there. (*wonder if someone got a gun for Christmas 2013?) Which is what I wondered a while back about who was in the video, and who video it. From the Statement of Facts in the Guilty Plea.... just goes to show that even though WH bought the ammo locally he was charged with the transit of it getting there. <<< WOW. Interesting too, that that was is same ammo from Dec 2013 still had, didn't go and shoot it up anywhere a yr and 3 mo later still had. JMHO

IN OPEN COURT
Norfolk Division
NORFOLK. VA
v.
WESLEY PAUL HADSELL,
Defendant.
STATEMENT OF FACTS
The parties stipulate that the allegations in Count One ofthe Indictment and the following
facts are true and correct, and that had the matter gone to trial the United States would have

I don't know how such a paragon of virtue and self-control got caught up in all of this. But really, if he hadn't used that ammo in almost a year and a half, why was it so important for him to retain it? Did it have special significance to him? It smacks of trophy keeping to me. Anything I haven't used in a year and a half, I barely remember owning.

IN OPEN COURT
Norfolk Division
NORFOLK. VA
v.
WESLEY PAUL HADSELL,
Defendant.
STATEMENT OF FACTS

Thank you for that. I must have missed that part. So that's really crazy that he would actually be charged for that. I mean he's not the one that actually had it shipped in this country. So I guess other than him being a felon it wouldn't matter because isn't it perfect legal to transport ammo in your car as long as it was still in the state of VA. Now if he had taken into another state and it was illegal to then I understand.

That is a good thought about someone getting a gun for Christmas, but I wouldn't imagine that it would be AJ if it was a handgun. You have to be 21 to purchase one through a store but she could have it legally if it was through a private sale. So maybe she got one for her birthday. I do find it interesting that it's the same ammo that he's had for over a year and all of the sudden that ammo could have been listed as a missing item from the house when she went missing. That's odd since it says that he had retained possession of it. So I wonder if JH is trying to imply in a round about way that hey ammo was stolen from my house and oh hey look who had it in his hotel room.

I don't know how such a paragon of virtue and self-control got caught up in all of this. But really, if he hadn't used that ammo in almost a year and a half, why was it so important for him to retain it? Did it have special significance to him? It smacks of trophy keeping to me. Anything I haven't used in a year and a half, I barely remember owning.

Why would he retain it? Well, because ammo is expensive and why would you dispose of it if you or someone in the family owned a gun that it goes with. Plenty of people that own guns that occasionally go target shooting don't just get rid of their ammo. I haven't shot my gun in probably almost 2 years but I sure still have ammo for it. :) And no, my ammo has no special meaning to it other than I paid for it. It's expensive, and it's mine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back